Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/163158
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 606 Riga 2007 (4 September. No. 49) stray dogs and cats rules schools Issued in accordance with article 21 of the law on veterinary medicine, third part 1. provisions laying down the requirements for stray dogs and cats (animals) of schools.
2. These rules shall monitor and control food and veterinary service (hereinafter service).
3. the local Government shall determine the binding rules on stray animals, the institution responsible for the schools and its activities in coordinating the schools of the animals.
4. animal runner is a person who trained the stray animal trapping, received professional training certificate issued (hereinafter certificate) and concluded a treaty with the animal shelter.
5. At the request of any person animal catcher his duties during the presentation of certificates and shall notify the animal shelter, which give trapped animals.
6. If, after the animal's identification data (kaklasiksn with contact information, a chip or tattoo) it is possible to identify the owner of the animal, animal catcher shall immediately notify the owner of the animal for the animal's location or information on shelter, which is delivered to the trapped animal.
7. animal catcher provides transportation and trapped animals into farm animals to eight hours.
8. If you caught the animal needs immediate veterinary medical care, the animal catcher supports the earliest possible delivery of the animal caught to practicing veterinarians, shelters with owner's contractual obligations.
9. animal catcher equipment journal, specifying the species, the animals caught the color (or any other specific characteristics) and health status, as well as catching the site address, date and time. The log is stored in two years and presented at the request of the Inspector of the service.
10. animals catching, avoiding physical and mental suffering of the animal.
11. animal dog catcher to catch at least the following equipment: 11.1. leash;
11.2. the different sized muzzles;
11.3. round with astringent belt;
11.4. we take the network;
11.5. uzmetam network;
11.6. dog latch or catcher;
7.3. we take the trap-cage;
11.8. a mobile cage.
12. Get a dog, the following requirements shall be met: 12.1 if the dog is kaklasiksn, pulls through it spend and led behind the belt or leash;
12.2. If the dog is not kaklasiksn, trying to catch the dog using the astringent strap;
12.3. the dog doesn't get behind the sensitive parts of the body to avoid pain.
13. If the dog fails to catch, subject to this provision, paragraph 12, allowed to use one of the following tools: 13.1.-NET;
13.2. uzmetam network;
13.3. dog latch or catcher;
14. If the dog fails to catch this provision in paragraph 13 of the tools you can use for animal catcher from practicing veterinary doctor of veterinary medicinal products for animals or tālinjekcij of the applicator. The veterinary medicinal product or the use of the applicator tālinjekcij confirm this rule 7 shelters referred to a veterinarian.
15. animal catcher received veterinary medicinal products shall be listed in the registry or tracking log showing the date of administration of the veterinary medicinal product, the name, quantity, the supplier's name (first name, last name) and address of the animal for which the veterinary medicinal product have entered, and the animal's identification number, if any. Register or log in, keep the records for a period of five years following the last entry.
16. animal cat catching a runner is at least the following equipment: 16.1 uzmetam network;
16.2. the cat fix or catcher;
16.3. we take the trap-cage;
16.4. a mobile cage.
17. Cat trapped by any of the following techniques: 17.1.;
17.2. the uzmetam network, where the holes are big enough so the cat can put out a leg;
17.3. the cat catch or catcher;
18. animal catcher has the following additional equipment: 18.1. feed the animal lure;
18.2. drinking water;
18.3. animal watering dishes;
18.4. working clothes and footwear;
18.5. gloves for hand protection;
18.6. the safety helmet;
11.6. Security Shield;
12.8. the lamp;
11.7. first-aid kit.
19. transport the trapped animals in accordance with the legislation on animal welfare during transport.
20. the regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2008.
Prime Minister, the Defense Minister a. Minister of Agriculture by Slakter m. rose Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2008.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia