Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 328 in Riga, 13 May 2008 (pr. No 30 13. §) rules on polio pretepidēmij measures Issued in accordance with the epidemiological safety law in the first part of article 14, paragraph 5 of rule 1 defines the polio (genus virus involved-poliovīrus-induced acute infectious disease with its acute flaccid paralysis of the syndrome) epidemic measures to prevent polio spreading in the country.
2. Polio activities include: pretepidēmij 2.1 poliovīrus circulation environment epidemiological surveillance;
2.2. other infections involved in epidemiological surveillance;
2.3. the acute flaccid paralysis syndrome in epidemiological surveillance of children up to the age of 15;
2.4. other diseases with polio-like illness over the course of the epidemiological surveillance in patients of any age, if you have professional reasons to suspect cases of polio.
3. Medical treatment a person organizes material consideration (faecal sample) sampling involved the detection and identification of the presence and send it to the State Agency "Infektoloģij Center" (hereinafter referred to as the Infektoloģij Centre) in the following order: 3.1 two faecal samples with 24-48 hours, if the acute flaccid paralysis syndrome found in children up to 15 years of age or if it is professionally substantiated suspicion of polio patients of any age (including, if the acute flaccid paralysis syndrome found in person that had been in contact with polio patients or 35 days before the onset of polio-affected areas visited, which according to the World Health Organization data found in polio cases);
3.2. one sample of the faeces, if there is reasonable suspicion of a professional disease with serous meningitis, encephalitis, the mielīt or meningoencephalitis regardless of the patient's age.
4. Treatment of patient with acute personal flaccid paralysis syndrome out of the health status of the medical surveillance after being discharged from the hospital and on the 60th day following the detection of acute flaccid paralysis in writing notify the neurological nature of polio-parēz phenomena of residues or paralysis – the national agency "public health agency" (hereinafter referred to as the public health agency) branch.
5. public health agency by persons receiving treatment for polio cases registered or professionally justified suspicions about polio, as well as wild polio virus isolated from environmental samples, ensure: 5.1. 24 hours: 5.1.1 the World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe, the European Centre for disease prevention and control and communication of the European Commission, through the international early warning and response system;
5.1.2. the National Commission of operational medical information;
5.1.3. the epidemiological investigation, identification and contact their immunization against polio data evaluation;
5.1.4. contact virological investigations in accordance with the legislation on primary medical contacts over pleasure, laboratory tests and medical surveillance;
5.1.5. the restrictive measures in education;
5.1.6. waste water, drinking water, as well as samples of bathing water during the bathing season now take virological investigation of risk;
5.1.7. the provision of information and advice to citizens for polio prevention and pretepidēmij measures;
5.2.72 hours: 5.2.1. submit proposals for the Ministry of health pretpoliomielīt the purchase and distribution of vaccine to immunization vaccination authorities;
5.2.2. provide a sampling of faeces of children education in random order according to the instructions and shipping epidemiological virusoloģ a kai investigation to determine the wild polio virus;
5.2.3. evaluate the quality of sewage disinfection risk territory microbiological criteria.
6. public health agency regularly polio epidemiol logical surveillance include: 6.1 involved (including poliovīrus) circulating the results of virological investigation cast of tracking and monitoring;
6.2. polio epidemiological surveillance, prevention and pretepid the issue of updating the turn at least once a year, the children's section of the hospital, as well as neuroscience, infectious disease and therapy Department;
6.3. The World Health Organization information on polio and acute flaccid paralysis syndrome in epidemiological surveillance results in Latvia.
7. Infektoloģij Center provides: 7.1. clinical and virological investigation of environmental samples for the presence of involved, including the isolation involved in cell culture and isolated cell (isolate) the initial characterization (tipēšan);
7.2. all poliovīrus isolates of tipēšan for details send to the World Health Organization's regional reference centres;
7.3. data collection, analysis and provision of information to the World Health Organization on detected poliovīrus and others enter the viruses.
Prime Minister i. Godmanis Health Minister i. Morris Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 17 May 2008.