Vocational education law chapter I General provisions article 1. The terms used in the law (1) of the Act, the terms meet the Education Act used terms, if this law provides otherwise.
(2) the Act is used in the following terms: 1) vocational education — the average degree of partial vocational training that enables you to get a second level professional qualification;
2) centralized — special examination methodology created and served by a single nationwide exam organized to assess student learning outcomes in vocational education or the acquisition of professional qualifications;
3) trainee — learner, which according to the vocational education programmes teaching practical part is in the teaching practice of the institution, company or organization (company);
4) occupation — an individual's occupation, production, distribution of goods or services, in education, in culture and the arts who need specific training (education);
5) professional higher education — the highest grade in the professional education that enable you to have a fourth or fifth level of professional qualifications;
6) professional education: basic level of vocational training, which gives the opportunity to get a first level of professional qualification;
7) professional experience: the previous practicing in the profession in the Republic of Latvia as well as abroad;
8) professional secondary education — the average grade vocational training that enables you to get a third-level professional qualification;
9) professional qualification level: the theoretical and practical training, which enables a certain complexity and the degree of responsibility of the job.
2. article. The purpose and tasks of the law (1) this law aims to ensure the country's vocational training policy and the functioning of the system of vocational training, management and development.
(2) the task of the law are as follows: 1) enable you to acquire general knowledge and skills, as well as professional qualifications;
2) to determine the degree of vocational training, the levels of professional qualification and relevant professional qualifications of the abstraction necessary education;
3) to determine the vocational training and the granting of professional qualification of persons engaged in competence;
4) provide vocational training in Latvia and the comparability of professional qualifications obtained abroad vocational education and professional qualifications, creating opportunities for learners to continue their education abroad and compete in the international labour market.
3. article. The operation of the law (1) the law regulates vocational basic education, vocational secondary education and first level professional higher education and adequate vocational qualifications.
(2) the second level professional higher education and adequate vocational qualifications award is governed by the University Act, other laws and regulations.
4. article. Vocational education (1) the education system of Latvia is defined by the degree of vocational training: 1) professional training;
2) professional secondary education;
3) professional higher education.
(2) professional higher education may be divided into the following: 1) first level professional higher education;
2) second level professional higher education.
5. article. Level of professional qualification in the education system of Latvia is defined five levels of professional qualifications (qualifications levels): 1) first level of qualification – theoretical and practical training, which enables simple tasks in a specific practice area;
2) second level of qualification – theoretical and practical training that enables you to independently perform skilled artist;
3) the third qualification level — increased theoretical preparedness and professional mastery, which enables certain executive responsibilities, which is also part of the executable work planning and organizing;
4) fourth qualifying level: the theoretical and practical training, which enables complex artist, and organize and manage others;
5) fifth level of qualification: certain sectors of higher qualification specialists, which enables you to schedule and perform scientific research work in the sector.
6. article. Vocational training and professional qualifications of the supporting documents (1) The accredited professional education programs learning is provided the following State recognised vocational education documents: 1 a certificate of vocational education);
2 attestation of vocational education);
3) for vocational secondary education;
4) for first level professional higher education.
(2) the State recognised vocational education document establishes specific vocational training and the acquisition of professional qualifications. State-recognised vocational education document issued by the learner, who mastered the accredited professional education program and passed the professional qualifications and other national standards of vocational training culminating in the set.
(3) a certificate of professional qualification certifying specific professional qualifications. Professional qualification certificate issued by the learner, who passed the examination of professional qualification and completed one of the following conditions: 1) learned professional accredited continuing education program;
2) partially mastered accredited professional education program;
3) mastered the relevant vocational training programme in the form of self-education.
(4) the learner, which partially mastered accredited education program and have not passed the qualifying examination, the educational institution of the Cabinet document issued in accordance with the procedure prescribed for the relevant professional education programs part of learning.
Chapter II organisation of vocational training, article 7. Competence of the Cabinet of Ministers, the Cabinet of Ministers: 1) defines national policy directions and strategies in vocational education;
2) determines the standards of the profession;
3) confirms the College regulations;
4) determines the procedure of teaching practice;
5) a recognized form of vocational training qualifications, issuing criteria and procedures;
6) issued abroad vocational education and professional qualifications recognition arrangements;
7) this law and other legal education with vocational education related functions.
8. article. Ministry of education and scientific competence of the Ministry of education and Science: 1) develops professional educational institutions approves;
2) creates and updates the standards of the profession;
3) develop proposals and submit a request in the manner laid down, of the State budget funds, finance charge of existing vocational training institutions and vocational training support from the authorities for this purpose funds allocated;
4 the creation of teaching practice) the Organization's rules and other normative acts projects in vocational training;
5) organise vocational guidance and labour market development and manpower demand studies;
6) this law and other legal education with vocational education related functions.
9. article. Other ministries the Ministry of Other competence: 1) develop proposals and submit a request in the manner laid down, of the State budget funds, finance charge of existing vocational training institutions and vocational training support from the authorities for this purpose funds allocated;
2) partnered with the Ministry of education and science professionals in the development and updating of standards, quality evaluation of vocational and other training related matters;
3) in collaboration with the Ministry of education and science, other State bodies and local authorities organise the charge of existing training institutions training teachers;
4) participates in the State, local government, trade unions, employers and other social organizations and collaborative work of the institution;
5) this law and other legal education with vocational education related functions.
10. article. The competence of local authorities (1) local governments shall participate in the implementation of vocational training, promote business development in their territories, cooperate with employers ' organizations participate in the issues related to the practice of providing learners the municipal territory.
(2) the competence of the local authorities in the implementation of vocational training is determined by this Act, the Education Act and other laws.
11. article. Support of vocational training institutions (1) to provide research, information, guidance and other forms of intellectual support to learners, parents, learners, educators, educational institutions and professional bodies, are designed to support vocational training institutions.
(2) support for vocational training institutions: 1) provides the organizational and methodological assistance for the education of programme development and implementation, professional orientation and other training related matters;
2) organizes the development of training tools;
3 organise continuing education for teachers);
4) participate in the labour market and other related professional education studies.
(3) the vocational training state aid authorities establish, reorganise and eliminates the Cabinet by the Ministry of education and science or other ministries.
12. article. Trade unions, employers and other social organizations competence (1) trade unions, employers and other public bodies within their competence, shall promote the development of vocational training, and they have the right to: 1) participate in conceptual issues and legislation to develop projects in the field of vocational training, professional education strategy and policy formulation and implementation, public demand and sectoral development planning;
2) in cooperation with State and local authorities to carry out labour market research and professional education development planning;
3) to participate in the occupation and education programmes, the implementation of vocational training, the learners by providing the necessary working conditions for teaching practice as well as to participate in the quality assurance of vocational education and evaluation;
4) to participate in the national, local government, trade unions, employers and other social organizations, boards of cooperative vocational training councils and other professional education development in the work of the institutions.
(2) a separate vocational education administration and support functions for the State cabinet order can be delegated to public organizations, in coordination with the cooperation of vocational training Council and providing appropriate funding.
13. article. Professional education cooperation Council (1) the vocational training Council for cooperation (hereinafter referred to as the cooperation Council) is a public advisory and coordinating body, which includes the implementation of vocational training, the Ministry of local government, vocational education institutions, employers and representatives of other public organizations.
(2) the Charter of the cooperation Council shall be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) the activities of the cooperation Council shall promote decision-making on matters relating to vocational education, as well as to promote professional education in public policy development and implementation involved in cooperation, to promote the development of vocational training.
Chapter III vocational training bodies article 14. Professional training institutions, establishing the procedure of liquidation and reorganization (1) public vocational training institutions are established, reorganized and dissolved the Cabinet at the Ministry of education and science, or other ministries.
(2) the municipal vocational training institutions are established, reorganized and eliminated in the Municipal Council (the Council), in coordination with the Ministry of education and science.
(3) private vocational training institutions establish, reorganize and eliminate the legal and natural persons. State and local governments can participate in the establishment of private educational institutions.
(4) professional training institutions registration is determined by the Education Act.
15. article. Professional educational status and its activities (1) the professional activities of an educational institution is the legal basis for this law, education law, other legislation and the relevant professional education institutions regulations. Professional education institutions regulations confirm its founder. College by-laws approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(2) Professional education institutions primarily for the implementation of vocational training programmes.
(3) the vocational training authority under the Education Act and other laws and regulatory provisions is entitled independently to take economic and otherwise if it does not interfere with the implementation of the curriculum and is designed for educational institutions in statute.
16. article. Vocational training institutions (1) vocational education authority, depending on the degree of education be implemented to include one of the following: 1) school;
2) high school;
(2) in addition to the implementation degree of education the name of vocational training may include education programs.
Article 17. Vocational training institutions Charter vocational training institutions shall specify: 1) the name of the educational institution, its legal address;
2) founder of an educational institution, the legal status of the authority;
3) educational institutions operating objectives, directions and tasks;
4) educational institution implemented education programs;
5 the Organization of educational process);
6) teachers and other staff rights and obligations;
7) student rights and responsibilities;
8) educational authority for the creation of its competence;
9) educational institutions internal procedures governing the adoption of the agenda;
10) educational institutions of economic activities;
11) educational funding sources and arrangements;
12) educational reorganisation and the winding-up order;
13) educational Charter, and its amendments;
14) other relevant provisions not contrary to this Act, the Education Act and other legislation.
Chapter IV Professional education educators and trainees article 18. The right to work as a professional teacher education institution the right to work as a teacher professional education institution is the person who has the appropriate professional education (qualification) and pedagogical education or have appropriate professional education (qualification) and learn pedagogical education that meets the requirements of the Cabinet body of vocational educators of professional qualification requirements.
19. article. Professional education teacher's professional qualifications Professional education teacher's professional qualifications certified by nationally recognized documents for appropriate vocational training (qualification) and pedagogical education.
20. article. Professional educational institutions teacher's salary (1) vocational educational institutions teacher's wage is determined according to his professional experience, professional skills and work load.
(2) Teacher with the lowest professional qualifications the minimum wage for a single load may not be lower than the minimum monthly salary for two.
21. article. Student relations with compulsory military service (1) trainees during that vocational training institutions acquire accredited onsite training programs, compulsory military service is not called.
(2) the administration of the public service must not interfere with the military service compulsory subjects: 1) launch education programs onsite professional learning average or general secondary education in the first year of production (until October 1) following the acquisition of vocational training;
2) launch the first level professional higher education programs learning face-to-face in the first year (to October 1) at a general secondary education or secondary vocational education;
3) launch second level professional higher education programs or academic education programs learning face-to-face in the first year after the first level professional higher education.
Chapter v content of vocational training of article 22. The content of the vocational regulatory framework (1) the content of the vocational regulatory framework are: 1) the national standards of vocational training;
2) standard of the profession;
3) vocational training program.
(2) the State standard of vocational training and occupational standards is mandatory for anyone who develops and implements vocational training programmes.
23. article. National standards of vocational training (1) statutory national vocational standards, national standards, national vocational training vocational secondary education standard and the national first level professional higher education standard, according to the degree of education determines: 1) education program strategic objectives;
2) compulsory education content;
3) educational evaluation principles and procedures.
(2) the national professional education standards are drawn up by the Ministry of education and science, and approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
24. article. (1) the standard of the profession profession standard specifies the essential requirements for professional qualifications, as well as the specific requirements necessary for the main working tasks in the profession.
(2) professional standards determined by the special laws or Cabinet regulations. Professional standards can also be determined by law or the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations authorized institutions.
25. article. Professional education program
(1) vocational training program is the professional education of a regulatory document that appropriate education State vocational education standard defines: 1) professional education programs;
2) professional education programs;
3) vocational training program implementation plan;
4) requirements for previously acquired education;
5) vocational training programs for the implementation of the personnel, financial and material resources.
(2) development of vocational educational institution, in coordination with its founder.
26. article. Programmes of vocational training in the vocational training programme depending on the resulting education divided as follows: 1) professional education programs;
2 vocational training programs;)
3) professional secondary education programs;
4) first level professional higher education programs;
5 Professional continuing education programs).
27. article. Student admissions training programmes (1) vocational education and vocational training programmes, the person is taken without prior education and not before as a constraint in the calendar year in which it turns 15 years old.
(2) vocational secondary education programs the person is admitted under the general education or vocational education collection.
(3) the first level professional higher education programs, the person is taken by General secondary education or secondary vocational education.
(4) admission to the professional continuing education programs are not regulated.
(5) the order in which employees (trainees) acquire professional education programs, this law, the law on crafts "and other laws.
28. article. The implementation of vocational training programmes (1) vocational education forms are the following: 1) presence;
(2) the implementation of a programme of vocational training of a duration of onsite professional education institutions is as follows: 1) professional extracting duration of basic education — not more than two years;
2) duration of vocational education collection: two to three years;
3) professional education the average duration by primary mining — three to four years, after the acquisition of vocational training, one to two years;
4) first level professional higher education duration two to three years.
(3) teaching load per week in one vocational training program may not exceed: 1) learners under the age of 18-36 hours of training;
2) learners, starting at the age of 18 — 40 training hours.
(4) the lessons of between 40 to 45 minutes, and it determines the educational leader.
(5) vocational training programmes training duration is not regulated.
29. article. The vocational training programme culminating in (1) Professional education programs learning concluded qualifying examination and other national standards of vocational training in the country culminating. The Ministry of education and Science determines the culminating in a State examination and procedures.
(2) no learner who has just launched a vocational education program, you must also ensure pedagogical correction and culminating in a settlement after the addition of educational documents must be issued for the acquisition of general education.
(3) the Cabinet of Ministers approves the list of professional qualifications, which are getting sort of centralised professional qualifications exams.
(4) an accredited vocational educational institutions, which are arranged on the centralized examination, determined by the Minister of education and science, in coordination with the founder and the cooperation Council. These educational institutions creates unit — training and examination centers in cooperation with professional education support bodies, sectoral ministries and professional bodies and educational institutions, according to the vocational education standard requirements, organise the centralised examination of professional qualification.
30. article. Vocational training programme licensing, training institutions and educational program accreditation and registration (1) authorized vocational training programs, professional education institutions and education programs to be accredited and registered educational program and professional education records Education Act.
(2) the educational institution shall be entitled to exercise only licensed professional education programs.
(3) the vocational training programme in professional accreditation assessed education quality in the implementation of the programme. Education authorities who implement accredited professional education program, has the right to issue state-recognised vocational or professional qualification certificate.
(4) the first level professional higher education programs that implement part of the second level professional higher education programmes accredited by the University in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
(5) vocational training programmes that result in the acquisition of professional qualifications be accredited in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law.
(6) only accredited professional continuing education programs are eligible in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law, to qualify for public funding.
Chapter VI financing of vocational training of article 31. Professional education programs and financing institutions (1) professional training institutions funding mechanism is determined by this Act, the Education Act and other regulations and the vocational education institution Charter.
(2) the Ministry of education and science and the Ministry of industry determined State-funded seats in the professional education program.
(3) the professional qualifications of the Centralised final exam costs and other professional qualifications in related costs shall be borne by the granting of funding of the institutions in which the learner acquire the relevant professional education program.
(4) Professional education and professional qualifications acquired in the Cabinet in the order of the State budget covers: 1) learners with special needs, if they are in special education or social and pedagogical correction;
2) convicted, if they were in prison.
(5) private vocational training institutions fees for the vocational training and the acquisition of professional qualifications is determined by their founders.
(6) the practice during the compulsory social insurance contributions shall be borne by the learners of the educational funding, in which the learner acquire the relevant professional education program.
32. article. Professional educational lending accredited first level professional higher education programs learning learner can receive public credit. The received loan repayment or refund the order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
33. article. Professional training institutions and educational institutions support the material features (1) vocational education materials and the use of the funds is determined by the Education Act.
(2) if the national professional education institution deployed State of the immovable property, this property will be registered in the land to the State in the person of the Ministry of the word, which is the relevant education authority.
1. Transitional provisions article 18 of this law shall enter into force on January 1, 2004.
2. Learners who started vocational education or secondary special education teaching programs before the entry into force of this law, education and professional qualifications in the supporting documents after the settlement of the issue culminating in order that was in effect before the date of entry into force of the law.
The Parliament adopted the law of 10 June 1999.
The President g. Ulmanis in Riga in 1999 as at 30 June