The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the protection of animals in the animal protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, nr. 2), the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 9: Add to the first paragraph, after the word "Ministry" with the word "and";
Replace paragraph 1 of point a, the words "National Veterinary Service" with the words "food and veterinary service";
to supplement the first part with the "c" section as follows: "(c)) the sanitary border inspection-animal import, export and transit controls at national borders within their competence."
2. in article 10: paragraphs 3 to express the following: "3) welfare, work, sport and amusement for keeping of animals as well as animal rights and obligations of the holder;";
turn off paragraph 5, the words "the protection of wild animals and determined", "catching," and "the order in which the country imported wild animals and obtain import licences";
turn off paragraph 6;
Add to paragraph 7, after the words "animal" with the words "in hotels, as well as the veterinary animal care facilities;"
make paragraph 9 by the following: "9) the animal protection Council of ethics rules, defining its functions and activities";
to complement the article, paragraph 10 by the following: ' 10) the procedure and requirements for keeping of wild animals in fenced areas (gardens, deer wild bird farms, fur farms, etc.), which use animal products of the species or breeding purposes. "
3. Add to article 11 with the second part as follows: "(2) the animal protection Council of ethics approved by the Minister of agriculture."
4. Article 13 be expressed as follows: "article 13. (1) agricultural animals used in animal products or work.
(2) farm animals shall be considered also the wild animals, which are kept in fenced areas of animal products of the species or breeding purposes. "
5. Replace article 19, first paragraph, the words "veterinary services" with the words "food and veterinary service" and the words "the State veterinary inspector in Chief"-with the words "National Chief Veterinary Officer of the food and".
6. Replace the words "in article 25 of the national health service" with the words "food and veterinary service".
7. Article 27 of the expression as follows: "article 27. Wild animals to capture and hold in captivity is permitted, if the environmental protection and the Ministry of regional development. "
8. Turn off article 28.
9. Turn off the article 30.
10. Replace article 32 in the second paragraph, the words "national veterinary service" with the words "food and veterinary service".
11. Article 35 be expressed as follows: "article 35. Wild animals being imported into the country and exported from the country in accordance with the requirements of the law. "
12. Supplement article 36 with the third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(3) a Person who wishes to carry the animals for commercial purposes, register with the State veterinary service, submit a written application. Then, when assessing compliance with the animal transport legislation requirements, that person receives a transport permit.
(4) the transport permit is not required in the following cases: 1) the owner or carrier animal is transported in a single animal;
2 the owner carrying) animal house (rooms), animals, and this is associated with the transport for commercial purposes;
3 animals, moving away) from the place of departure to the destination is less than 50 kilometers. "
13. transitional provisions be supplemented by points 2 and 3 by the following: "2. Cabinet of Ministers until 1 January 2003 to issue the rules governing: 1) the welfare of the sport, business and amusement for keeping of animals as well as animal rights and obligations of the holder;
2) welfare animal shelters and hotels, as well as animal veterinary animal care authorities.
3. The Cabinet of Ministers until July 1, 2002:1) makes provisions for the House (room) the protection of animals, the animal welfare requirements for holding, trade and public exhibitions, to play as well as on the House (room) animal rights and obligations of the holder;
2) confirm the animal protection Council of ethics rules, defining its functions and activities. "
The law adopted by Parliament in 2001 on December 6.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President j. stream 2001 in Riga on 22 December Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by January 5, 2002.