The Saeima has adopted and the President issued the following law: amendments to the law "on State secrets" to make the law "on State secrets" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1996, nr. 22; 1997, no. 10; 1998, nr. 1, 14; 1999, no. 8; 2000, No 14; 2002, no. 2, 2004, 24; 2, 7, 13. nr.) the following amendments: 1. Express article 2, fourth subparagraph by the following : "(4) the State secret status is fully attributable to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, European Union, foreign and international organizations and their institutions are classified information, and provide this information according to its classification level, if other law does not provide otherwise."
2. To make the fifth article 7 subparagraph by the following: "(5) in the fourth paragraph of this article shall apply also to other people who are in possession of or use of State secrecy, foreign or international organizations and their institutions classified information. Economic operator, which has, in my work you need to use the State secrets, foreign or international organizations and their institutions are classified information, obtain industrial security certificate after inspection, issue a special constitutional protection Office. Industrial security certificate the application procedure, the list of documents to be submitted, a certificate of service, accounting, use, change or cancellation of the class order is governed by the Cabinet of Ministers regulations. Arrangements for the special examination is to determine the constitutional protection Office Director. The constitutional protection Office Director's decision on the refusal to issue a certificate of industrial safety or its cancellation, which preclude the right to use the State secrets, a trader can appeal to the Attorney General within 10 days after the date on which the notice is received for it. The Attorney General's decision is final and not appealable. The constitutional protection of the decision of the Director of industrial security certificate issue or cancellation of rights in relation to the use of foreign, international organizations and their institutions classified information is final and not appealable. The applicant a notice of refusal to issue a safety certificate for industrial or for its cancellation is sent without setting out the grounds for the refusal. "
3. Supplement article 9 with 5.1 part as follows: "(51) By national armed forces Commander and after checking the constitutional protection Office Director may allow access to State secrets to national armed forces soldiers, who after 13 January 1991 have been (LCA) CPSU members, if they have demonstrated loyalty to the Latvian State."
4. Make the text of article 10 by the following: "(1) if it is decided the issue of special permits to certain persons, national safety authorities within their competence and provide this person's opinion on a special permit.
(2) the examination modalities and deadlines for the development of the constitutional protection Office Director and approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) the Parliament, State Chancellery of the President, State Chancellery, State-controlled Bank of Latvia, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the public prosecutor's Office and the corruption prevention and combating Bureau of compliance of persons and premises safety requirements check the constitutional protection Office. The constitutional protection Office also checks the security mode of the Department managers in all institutions.
(4) the Ministry of defence, its subordinated institutions, national armed forces, military objects, as well as institutions, organizations and companies if their merchant activity related to State secrets, the military protection of the person and the conformity of the premises security requirements check the military intelligence and security service. Other institutions and persons room compliance with security requirements check the security police.
(5) the examination of persons in respect of access to foreign countries, international organizations and their institutions classified information shall be carried out and the licences shall be issued subject to the national security of the Republic of Latvia. The person testing procedures and deadlines determined by the Director of the Office for the protection of the Constitution. "
5. in article 11: turn off in the second paragraph, the word "only";
to supplement the article with the seventh paragraph as follows: "(6) in exceptional cases, a person may be familiar with State secrets or foreign, international organizations and their institutions are classified information, which is one level higher than provided for in the authorisation issued, but only to the extent necessary for the task, then when it is received in the Republic of Latvia's national security authority, a one-time written authorization."
6. in article 12: Add to third with 13 points by the following: ' 13) corruption prevention and combating Bureau boss. ";
Supplement fifth after the word "the" with the words "civil or administrative proceedings".
The Saeima adopted the law on 17 March 2005.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President i. Otter Riga 2005 April 1 editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on 15 April 2005.