Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/189303
The Saeima has adopted and the President issued the following law: parliamentary election law amendments to make the parliamentary election Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, nr. 13; 1998, nr. 9, 13; 2002, 12, 13 no, no 19; 2003; 2006, nr. 8, 10, 13; 2007. no) the following amendments: 1. Replace throughout the text, the words "political organisation (party)" (fold) with the words "political party" (fold).
2. Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. The right to vote of persons not in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law recognized as incapacitated. "
3. in article 5: to make paragraph 5 by the following: "5), persons of foreign State security, intelligence or Counterintelligence Services employee, or person who has been the USSR, Latvian SSR State security, intelligence or counterintelligence services of the State employees, except the people who were only in the USSR or the USSR, Latvian State Security Committee, the planning and financial administrative departments; economic employees";
make paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) is punished with ban to stand as a parliamentary Republic of a European Parliament, City Council and District Council elections, except persons who have been rehabilitated or convictions or removed. "
4. To make article 6, second and third subparagraphs by the following: "(2) If an elected member of Parliament is a member of the European Parliament, he loses the status of members of the European Parliament with members of the Parliament in a solemn promise of the moment of the transfer. Members of the European Parliament's loss of status as the Central Election Commission within three working days shall notify the European Parliament.
(3) the City Council of the Republic or the District Council can declare a candidate for Member of Parliament, but the election in case he loses the Council's mandate. "
5. To make article 7 the second subparagraph by the following: "(2) Riga electoral district covering the city of Riga;
Vidzeme constituency-Ādaži, aloja, Alūksne, Post, Ap, Babīte, baldone, beverīna, burtnieki, carnikava, Cēsis, cesvaine, Eagles, Garkalne, Gulbene, ikšķile, inčukalns, jaunpiebalga, Krimulda, ķegums, Ķekava, Lielvārde, līgatne, Limbaži, Madona, lubāna, mālpils Mārupe, mazsalaca,, Naukšēni, OGRE, Olaine, pārgauja, priekuļi, rauna, ropaži, rūjiena, salacgrīva, Salaspils, Sigulda, saulkrasti, smiltene,, stopiņi, strenči, Valka, Valmiera, varakļāni vecpiebalga municipality, Seaside, city and town of Valmiera;
Latgale constituency-aglona, baltinava, prize, Cibl, Dagda, Daugavpils, ilūkste, kārsava, Krāslava, Ludza, Preiļi, Līvāni, Rezekne, riebiņi, stubble, vārkava, viļaka, viļāni, Zilupe municipality, Daugavpils and Rezekne city;
Kurzemes electoral district – aizpute, alsunga, brocēni, dundaga, Durbe, grobiņa, Kuldīga, nīca, Pāvilosta, priekule, Roja, rucava, Saldus, Skrunda, Talsi, vaiņode, Ventspils region, Ventspils Liepāja city and town;
Zemgale constituency-Aizkraukle, Bauska aknīste, auce, Dobele, Engure, Iecava, Jaunpils, jaunjelgava, Jēkabpils, Jelgava,, kandava, Koknese, Jēkabpils, nereta, ozolnieki, Rundāle, meadow, Islands, Scribe, tērvete, Tukums, vecumnieki, viesīte district, Jelgava and jekabpils city town. "
6. Express article 10 the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the same candidate can apply to only one name in the list of candidates in the same electoral district. If a candidate applied for the different name lists of candidates or one name in the list of candidates in different constituencies, his candidacy deleted all lists of candidates. "
7. Express article 11 paragraph 4 "d" and "e" in subparagraph by the following: "(d)) place of residence (city or municipality of the Republic), e) jobs and posts (including posts in political parties, religious organizations, trade unions, associations and enterprises) or, if the jobs, occupation, status,".
8. Make article 13 of the third subparagraph of paragraph 9 by the following: "9) in accordance with the judgment of the Court of Justice is not eligible to stand for Parliament, the European Parliament, of the City Council and District Council elections, confirms the Interior Ministry's information center."
9. Express article 16 the second paragraph as follows: "(2) no later than 15 days before the election day Republican city and County Election Commission declare the election precinct address and when they are open."
10. Express article 18, second subparagraph by the following: "(2) without disrupting the work of the Commission, the conduct of the election at the same time the station can observe no more than two observers from each authorized political parties or political associations in the relevant electoral district has submitted a list of candidates, as well as the Central Election Commission, the Republican town or District Electoral Commission members and the Commission authorised persons, representatives of the media. As an authorized member of the observer may not be the nominee. "
11. Turn off the seventh subparagraph of article 24.
12. Express 29. the second subparagraph by the following: "(2) without disrupting the work of the Commission, the hearing may be present at no more than two observers from each authorized political parties or political associations in the relevant electoral district has submitted a list of candidates, as well as the Central Election Commission, the Republican town or District Electoral Commission members and the Commission authorised persons, representatives of the media."
13. Express article 36 the fourth sentence as follows: "after the Central Election Commission in the order of the District Election Commission shall forward the materials of the Central Election Commission."
14. Turn off the article 37.
15. the title of chapter V be expressed by the following: "chapter V. The citizens of Latvia to participate in the parliamentary elections, which during the election or who reside abroad as a security feature applied to the detention, or being served with custodial sentences ".
16. To supplement the law with 45.1 and 45.2 of the article as follows: "article 45.1. (1) voters who like the security feature applied to the detention or serving custodial sentences, linked, can participate in the prisons.
(2) a voter who wishes to vote in place of imprisonment, the prisons administration submitted the application, indicating your name, surname and personal code. Voting can apply no later than the second day before polling day.
(3) the prison administration shall verify whether the person wishing to vote in prison, is a Latvian citizen, who on election day will have reached the age of 18, and registers the application list for voting in the prisons.
(4) the day before the election day prison administration referred to in the third subparagraph of the list delivered to the respective polling stations the Commission.
(5) on the day of the election by precinct and ballot boxes opening sealing station the Commission issued the prison administration to the list of voters forms all the relevant constituency list of candidates applied for the ballot, with the precinct Election Commission seal stamped envelopes and sealed ballot box.
28.1 article. (1) the prison administration voters list record voter's name, surname, personal code. The voter signs the list of voters for all the relevant constituency list of candidates applied for the election and the ballot envelope.
(2) a voter shall designate an election sign that corresponds to the list of candidates, for which he voted, if desired, be made in this Act referred to in article 23 marks, place the ballot in the ballot envelope and the envelope sealed. Sealed ballot envelope the voter drops a ballot box.
(3) the prison administration is prohibited to aģitē for or against candidates or lists of candidates.
(4) When the voting ended, the prison administration of the voters lists, the remaining election envelopes and ballot box shall be conveyed without delay to the relevant polling station. "
17. To supplement the law with the following transitional provisions: "the transitional provision of article 5 of this law in the new paragraph 8, article 6 of part three of the new wording of article 11, paragraph 4 of the" d "and" e "new paragraph, article 13 of the third subparagraph of paragraph 9, the new wording of article 16, the new version of the second paragraph, article 18, second subparagraph, the new wording of article 29, second paragraph, the new final, amended article 36 and article 37 off shall enter into force on July 1, 2009."
The Parliament adopted the law of 26 February 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 March 18 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force on the 1 April 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia