Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/191211
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the medical treatment Act to make (the Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 15; 1998, nr. 7; 2000, no. 13, no. 15; 2001; 2004, nr. 9, 13, 14; 2005; 2006, no. 14. No; 2007, 8, 21, 24 no; 2008, 13. nr.) the following amendments: 1. Express article 1 point 3 the following : ' 3) hospital, physician practice, State and local authorities, a company registered in the register of medical institutions, laws and meet the minimum requirements set out in the medical treatment institutions and their departments and provide treatment services; ".
2. Supplement article 29 with fourth and fifth by the following: "(4) the medical treatment of the person and the support person professional aptitude tests, design, registration certificate and the manufacturing of duplicate charge price list approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(5) medical support person in treatment, as well as the competence of the theoretical and practical knowledge of the amount of which shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
3. To supplement the law with article 53.1 the following: ' article 53.1. (1) the medical person applicable labour relations laws and regulatory provisions, in so far as this law provides otherwise.
(2) medical treatment a person can determine the extension of the normal working time, which exceeds the statutory normal Working time of the job, subject to compliance with occupational safety and health general principles.
(3) in order to ensure the availability of treatment, after treatment or hospital's treatment of the initiative may be extended to persons of normal working time, which shall not exceed 60 hours per week, and 240 hours per month.
(4) treatment of persons prohibited from punishing or otherwise directly or indirectly lead to adverse consequences, if this person does not agree to extend the normal working time.
(5) If a person specified in the treatment extended the normal working time, then no less frequently than every four months of treatment, the authority needs to get that person's written consent to extend the normal working time.
(6) medical establishment provides the medical records of individuals who set extended the normal working time, and ensure the availability of the national labour inspectorate ".
4. Turn off the second part of article 55 of the second sentence.
5. the transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 15 as follows: "15. This law, article 29 part five shall enter into force on January 1, 2010."
6. Add to the informative reference to European Union directive to point 4 as follows: "4) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 November 2003, Directive 2003/88/EC concerning certain aspects of the organisation of working time."
The Parliament adopted the law of 8 April 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 April 29, editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on the 13 May 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia