Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192081
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Penal Procedure Code of Latvia in Latvian penal procedure code in the following amendments: 1. Turn off 46.1 in the first paragraph, "but the appointment of a chaplain is aligned with the religious affairs administration".
2. Supplement article 50.7 in seventh paragraph as follows: "education institutions for minors may allow minor boss to leave the authorities convicted areas for the time necessary to organize the examination of General or professional educational institution. During this time, the correctional authority shall ensure the monitoring of the minors convicted. "
3. Article 51: off sixth;
to supplement the article with the ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth, as follows: "If the merchant who concluded a cooperation agreement with the custodial authority of employment, convicted want to employ convicts, sentences served in closed or partly closed prison, then merchant and convict before starting work conclude an agreement on working out. If convicted, the sentence being served in the open prison, he wants to employ outside the prison territory at a company, then the merchant and sentenced before starting work the concluded contract.
If convicted are likely to employ commercial crew, then before starting work with the convicts, sentences served in closed or partly closed prison, is an agreement, but with that sentence convicted endure open prison — contract of employment.
Sentenced to imprisonment in the assignment authority boss orders who have permission to work, the convicted reside within the workplace. By ordering, the penitentiary institutions take into account the Chief convicted in the specific penal regime. Refusal to issue order must be reasoned and motivated. The order was an integral part of the agreement referred to in this article or part of a contract.
Disputes between a merchant or convicted and sentenced and custodial authority are dealt with by mutual agreement. If no agreement is reached, the dispute about the legal relations established on the basis of the arrangement, the law of civil procedure, but the disputes arising from the legal relationship established on the basis of the contract of employment — employment law. "
4. in article 52: make the first paragraph by the following: "convicted of a certain normal weekly working time – 40 hours. Convicted of certain working day of eight hours for a five-day work week. If the character cannot be determined because the five-day work week, sets a six-day work week, but in this case, the daily working time may not exceed seven hours. Work (Exchange) the start and end of a particular custodial institutions agenda. Inmates released from work holidays and weekends. ";
make the fifth subparagraph, the first sentence as follows: "workers are convicted six working days long granted paid leave, but workers are minors convicted — 12 working days of paid vacation long.";
turn off the first sentence of the sixth paragraph.
5. Supplement article 56 after the word "territories" with the words "clean-up and".
6. Express article 74, the second subparagraph by the following: "convicted that there izolatoro, permit fines each day one hour long walk."
7. To make 134. the second subparagraph of article 6 and 7 point as follows: "6) control how the convict takes work and get information about them from the employer;
7) list the hours worked; ".
8. Express article 137 the second part as follows: "the employer shall inform the institution of forced performance of each convicted in the number of hours worked or the avoidance of parole."
9. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 10 by the following: "Amendment 10 article 74 of this code in the second paragraph, which convicted that there izolatoro the fine, allow one hour of walking per day, shall enter into force on January 1, 2011."
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on April 30.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 20 May 2009 an editorial added: the law shall enter into force on the 21 May 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia