Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/192452
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: species and habitats protection act to make the species and habitats Protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, no. 9; 2005, 20. No; 2006, nr. 24) the following amendments: 1. Add to article 1 with 2.1 as follows: "21) individuals: the live animal, as well as live animal, plant, or part of the MOSS , or in a document accompanying the product, which, in the labelling, packaging or label indicating that it contains plants, Lichen or dead animal parts. "
2. Supplement article 4 to 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 points by the following: ' 13) national toll on international trade of endangered wild animals, as well as the registration fee payment arrangements and incentives;
14) procedures for establishing and maintaining a data register in which international trade in wild animals, their owners and holders, as well as international trade endangered plant breeders;
15) the European Community important animal and plant species in need of protection;
16) the European Community important animal and plant species on the list of individuals in the wild may apply restricted use conditions;
17) expert certification and procedures for the issue and register the certificate, extend its deadline and withdrawing it, as well as the certified person supervision. "
3. in article 5: Express 2 and 3 as follows: "2) organises the necessary measures particularly protected species population maintenance and, if necessary, provide Habitat;
3) in order to ensure the species and habitats favourable protection based on monitoring results, provides measures of all species and habitats, in particular of the priority natural habitat types and priority species richness and area conservation, maintenance, restoration, restoration of destroyed Habitat and species protection; "
to supplement the article with a 10.1 point as follows: "101) supports the preparation of a report to the European Council of 21 May 1992 Directive 92/43/EEC on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora and the European Council of 2 April 1979 to Directive 79/409/EEC on the conservation of wild birds to the requirements and deadlines;";
Add to article 15, 16, 17 and 18 the following wording: ") 15 supports the international trade of endangered species of wild animals, their owners and holders, as well as international trade endangered plant breeder registration;
16) can detect the specially protected natural territories existing specially protected species and habitats of special conservation interest list that Habitat or location disclosure may harm the environment;
17) made the conservation of natural habitats and species, in particular of the priority natural habitat types and priority species the conservation status of the monitoring;
promote education and 18) availability of information about the need to protect species of wild fauna and flora, to save the habitats, species and their habitats. "
4. Replace article 6, third paragraph, the words "national fisheries administration" with the words "Fisheries Agency".
5. To supplement the law with article 6.1 as follows: "article 6.1. Certified experts and Habitat of the species in the field of the protection of species and habitat protection, certified expert opinion need to create mikroliegum and developed the specially protected natural areas conservation plan, as well as other legislation cases. "
6. To supplement the law with article 7.1 as follows: "article 7.1. Measures favourable to the species and habitat protection status (1) to ensure the favourable conservation status of those species of wild fauna and flora of the individuals that are used or produced in the wild, the competent national authority or authorities, on the basis of monitoring and research, decide on the following measures: 1) the temporary or local prohibition of get wild individuals and use specific populations in the area concerned;
2) conditions for the collection of individuals, as well as mining techniques;
3 for the protection of the population) suitable for hunting and fishing regulations;
4) license or quota system taking;
5 rules for individual purchase), sale, offering for sale, keeping for sale or transport for sale;
6) reproduction of the species in captivity, as well as artificial propagation of plant species in the strictly controlled conditions to reduce the exploitation of individuals in the wild;
7) other necessary measures.
(2) nature protection board collects information about the first part of the above measures and assess their impact on ensuring the favourable conservation status of species and habitats. "
7. Supplement article 8 with the fifth paragraph as follows: "5) information on this law, article 5, paragraph 16 on the list of specially protected natural territories existing specially protected habitats and species specially protected habitat locations considered restricted access information. The limited availability of information status is determined at the time, while the specially protected species or specially protected habitat included on the list, and this information is available under the freedom of information act. "
8. To make article 14 paragraph 2 by the following: "2) in order to prevent serious damage especially in crops, livestock, forests, fisheries and water and other types of property;".
9. in article 14.1: Add to the article with the second, third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(2) the Person seeking to apply the exception referred to in the first paragraph, in the cases submitted to the nature protection Board of information indicating: 1) species covered by the derogation;
2) means, arrangements or methods used for the planned to capture or killing of birds;
3) time and place, or other circumstances in which you need to apply the exception.
(3) the Environmental Protection Department, the evaluation of the first paragraph of this article, the application of the derogation shall decide on: 1), the application of species covered by the derogation;
2) features, events, or the means to capture or to kill allowed birds, as well as any restrictions it is allowed to use;
3) time and space, as well as other circumstances and conditions under which exceptions apply;
4) the necessary monitoring measures.
(4) Environmental Protection Department collects information about the exception cases, as well as monitor compliance with the conditions in any exceptional case. "
believe the current text of article about the first part.
10. Add to article 20 with 5, 6, and 7 of the following paragraph: "5) studies to determine how reasonable is the reintroducē species that are native to its territory the species, where it could contribute to the conservation of these species;
6) studies to substantiate that the reintroduction is an effective means to restore the favourable conservation status of the species, and take into account the experience of other countries;
7) public consultation has taken place the Cabinet rules. "
11. transitional provisions be supplemented with 4, 5, 6 and 7 point as follows: "4. This law, article 4, paragraph 13 and 14 and paragraph 15 of article 5 shall enter into force on April 1, 2010.
5. The Cabinet of Ministers to 2010 January 1 issue of this law article 4 in paragraphs 15 and 16 above.
6. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2009 October 1 issue this law, in article 4, the provisions referred to in paragraph 17.
7. Article 6.1 of this law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 7 May 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 may 27 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force 10 June 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia