Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/193585
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on protection of the rights of the child in the Child Protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 15; 2000, no. 8, 12; 2001, 24 No; 2002; 2003, 23, the No. 12. No; 2004, nr. 12; 2005; 2006, 8. No, No 22; 2007; 2008, 15 9.nr, no) the following amendments: 1. Replace article 35, second paragraph, the words "child and family Minister" with the word "prosperity" Ministers.
2. Express article 62 the following: ' article 62. Ministry of welfare jurisdiction (1) the Ministry of welfare: 1) in collaboration with the Ministry of education and science, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of culture and the Ministry of health, as well as other national and local government bodies and non-governmental organizations in developing a long-term national policy projects on child protection, including in the area of public policy projects without parental care of orphans and children left behind in alternative care;
2) organizes and coordinates the monitoring of compliance with the laws and the rights of the child;
3) monitors and directs the family courts work (except for the functions laid down in the family courts act, Chapter VII and VIII);
4) coordinated by the national and local government bodies within their competence the cooperation in child protection and family law matters;
5) coordinate child care institutions of ārpusģimen work in the child protection field;
6) provides for the rights of the child protection process quality evaluation, analysis and preparation of proposals for improving protection of children's rights;
7) provides annual reports on the situation of children in the preparation and submission of national Parliamentary and Cabinet;
8) prepare for submission to the United Nations Committee on the rights of the child report on the situation of children in Latvia and the measures taken to ensure the rights of the child;
9) inform the public of the rights of children adopted in the field of the protection of the law and regulatory provisions, as well as the principles of international law in this area.
(2) Welfare Minister approves the annual national program for children and the family to improve the situation. "
3. Article 63: replace the first subparagraph of paragraph 3, the words "of children and Family Affairs Ministry" with the words "Ministry of Welfare";
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) the Minister of education and Science approved the annual national youth policy programme."
4. Replace article 64, paragraph 1, the words "of children and Family Affairs Ministry" with the words "Welfare Ministry".
5. Turn off the article 65.
6. in article 67.1: turn off the first sentence, the words "of children and Family Affairs Ministry";
Replace in the second sentence, the words "of children and Family Affairs Ministry" with the words "Welfare Ministry".
7. Replace the sixth subparagraph of article 72, the words "child and family affairs" with the words "national child protection inspection".
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 12 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V June 19, 2009, an editorial added: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia