Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/194072
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on judicial power" to make the law "on judicial power" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993,/2.nr. 1; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 1, 13; in 1995, 10, 22 No.; 1996, nr. 3, 13; 1997, 5, no. 21; in 1998, nr. 22, 23; 1999, no. 23; 2001, 24 no; 2002, no. 23; 2003, no. 14; 2004, no. 2; 2005, 8, 20 no; in 2006, 7, 24 no; 2007, nr. 24; 2008, 10, 24.nr; 2009, no. 2; Latvian journal, 2009, 79 no) the following amendments: 1. Turn off all over the words in the law "and" lay judge "(the number and fold).
2. Turn off the article 11, second paragraph, the words "or" lay judge ".
3. in article 13: turn off in the first paragraph, the words "as well as a lay judge of the Court";
turn off third.
4. To make article 14 the following: ' article 14. The judge's rejection (1) a judge may not participate in the proceedings, if he personally is directly or indirectly interested in the result of the case or if there are other circumstances that raise doubts about his impartiality, and the law "on prevention of conflict of interest in the activities of public officials" in the cases provided for.
(2) in such cases, the judge himself should be abandoned.
(3) if the judge is not myself atstatīj, persons participating in the case, you can sign up for a rejection of the judge.
(4) the judge's rejection and rejection handling policy is determined by law. "
5. Turn off the article 15, first paragraph, the words "or" lay judge ".
6. turn off the second part of article 31.
7. Article 37: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the Court of first instance in civil and criminal proceedings are heard by a sole judge.";
to turn off the second part.
8. Turn off 56, 64 and article 65.
9. Express article 67 and 68 as follows: "article 67. Judicial symbols the symbols of the judiciary is a solemn undertaking, the judges robe and post mark.
68. article. Solemn undertaking of the judge (1) a judge, upon taking office, gives a solemn pledge: "I, _ _ _ by taking on the duties of a judge, am aware of my responsibilities, and solemnly promise to be fair and just, faithful to the Republic of Latvia, always try to figure out the truth, never put it, a court judge in strict accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia and the laws."
(2) the judge's solemn promise to adopt a national President.
(3) the judge shall take to her job after a solemn promise of going. "
10. Turn off article 69.
11. Article 70 of the expression as follows: "article 70. The judge's solemn declaration naming procedure (1) the judge reads the text of the solemn declaration. Signed by the judge, which gave a solemn promise, as well as State President.
(2) the judge gives a solemn promise, dressed in robes.
(3) following the adoption of the solemn declaration issued by President judge posts. "
12. off 85. and article 88.
13. Turn off the second subparagraph of article 89.
14. transitional provisions: replace paragraph 7, second sentence, the words "and the number, and in 2009," with numbers and words "in 2009 and in 2010";
Replace in paragraph 17, the words ", and in 2010, according to the Central Statistical Bureau, the official statistics notification for the previous year published State workers average monthly gross wage in dollars, rounded off by applying a coefficient of 3.5" with numbers and words "in 2010, taking account of the 2006 average monthly gross pay, applying the coefficient 2.5" and add a point with numbers and words "in 2011, according to the Central Statistical Bureau, the official statistics notification for the previous year published State workers average monthly gross wage in the rounded to LCY, applying the coefficient 3.5 ";
Add to paragraph 20 with the following sentence: "20. From the date of entry into force in June 2009 adopted amendments to the law" on the State budget for 2009 ", 2010 December 31, judges and the land registry Department judges remuneration determined by 85% of the wage, determined in accordance with the transitional provisions in paragraph 7 and 17.";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 21 and 22 the following: "21. In criminal matters, which up to this law, article 31, second paragraph and the second paragraph of article 37 has been the entry into force of the amendments initiated trials, trial of collegial continue to collegiate composed for the judgment or the termination of the criminal proceedings at the hearing. If this is not possible, the judge, considering the complexity of the case, decide on the continuation of the hearing alone. Lay judge with justice-related duties may not be held criminally liable and arrest without the consent of the President of the Court, in which he shall perform his duties. A decision on the arrest of a lay judge, forced the arrival of detention or exposure to shaking it specifically authorized to accept a Supreme Court judge. If the lay judge caught heavy or particularly serious criminal offence, for compulsory detention or of the arrival of the exposure to shaking is not necessary, but 24 hours must inform the particular official judge of the Supreme Court and the President of the Court in which the lay judge shall perform his duties. If the authority of lay judge terminates during the hearing, they are saved to the end of the hearing of this case.
22. The transitional provisions provided for in paragraph 21 of the performance of the duties of a lay judge during the paid wages. For a lay judge duty of district (City) Court in the wages calculated on the basis of the 2006 average monthly gross wage and applying a coefficient of 0.85. Committee on the exercise of responsibilities in regional wages calculated on the basis of the 2006 average monthly gross wages. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 30 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia