Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/194069
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: criminal law amendments to make the criminal law of the Republic of Latvia (Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 15; 2000, no. 12, 13, 15; 2001; 2002, nr. 11, 16, 22, 23 no; 2003, 10, 15; 2004, nr. 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 12, 13; 2005, nr. 2, 11, 12, 13, 20, 21; 2006, no 1., 7., no. 22; 2007 3, no. 15; 2008, 3, nr. 24; Latvian journal, 2009, 90 no). the following amendments: 1. Replace article 38, second paragraph, the word "six" with the word "three".
2. Article 39: replace the second paragraph, the word "six" with the word "three";
to turn off the second sentence of the second subparagraph;
turn off third.
3. Replace article 40, third paragraph, the word "two" with the word "four".
4. Express article 41 the following: "article 41. (1) the fine fine is the amount of money that the Court or the Prosecutor shall pay the Government 30 days to the extent laid down in this article as the principal, but also as an additional penalty of the Court —.
(2) fine as a penalty under the criminal offence and offender safety economic position would be three to two in the Republic of Latvia the minimum monthly salary amounts at the time of the judgment, stating the judgment in the amount of the fine in cash of the Republic of Latvia. The public prosecutor may apply no more than half of this Particular part of the law in that article the maximum fines under the Republic of Latvia the minimum monthly salary of about the time when the statement drawn up for the penalty and giving the statement on penalty of fines, the amount of the monetary unit of the Republic of Latvia.
(3) fine as additional penalty under the criminal offence and offender safety economic position would be three to one hundred in the Republic of Latvia the minimum monthly salary in the amount at the time of the judgment, stating the judgment in the amount of the fine in cash of the Republic of Latvia.
(4) the assets shall be determined by assessing not only the opportunity to immediately pay a fine, but also opportunities to reap the expected income that provide the opportunity for time to pay the fine imposed on it.
(5) the payment of the fine to the Court or the Prosecutor may be split into periods or to defer for a period of not more than one year from the date of the judgment or statement about the punishment become final.
(6) if the fine is not paid, then if it set a minimum monthly salary of up to thirty, it is replaced by the arrest, the minimum monthly salary bill of one of the four days of the arrest, but not more than three months of arrest; If the fine is set above the minimum wage of about thirty, it is replaced by imprisonment, the minimum monthly salary bill of one of the four days of imprisonment, but not more than one year imprisonment.
(7) if the money or part of the penalty paid when convict fine instead of serving a custodial sentence or execution, the convict exempted or custodial arrest, or a reduced duration under paid the fine. Shortening the way specified at the time of the fine, imprisonment, or execution time dwelling according to the proportion set by the Court. "
5. Article 45: to supplement the first sentence with the following: "when a person is conditionally released before the term of parole, either — the execution of police control: start with the moment when the person ceased supervision after conditional early release."
in the fifth subparagraph, replace the words "the deprivation of liberty for the same period" with the words "two police control of the daily calculated as one day of imprisonment".
6. Make 52 first paragraph of article 3 by the following: "3) two police control."
7. Supplement article 58.1 quarter with 3.1 paragraph by the following: "31) to inform change of residence;".
8. in article 65: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the period of deprivation of liberty of the person who committed a criminal offence before reaching the age of eighteen may not exceed: ten years for particularly serious crimes; five years for serious offences related to violence or abuse or piedraudējum caused severe consequences; two years — for other serious crimes. For criminal offences and less serious offences custodial sentence such person not applicable. ";
Add to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) if the person is up to eighteen years of age committed an offence for which this law, Especially the part in the penalties laid down in the corresponding article of the applicable minimum custodial sentence, the Court may order the penalty, which is lower than the minimum limit in cases where the Court is satisfied that the offence has been committed under aggravating circumstances."
9. transitional provisions: to replace the 6 numbers and the words "1 June 2010" with the figures and the words "1 January 2013";
transitional provisions be supplemented by 7 and 8 points by the following: "7. This law, article 58.1 fourth subparagraphs 2.1 and paragraph 3 shall not apply until the 2012 31 December.
8. Amendment of this law in the second paragraph of article 65 of the custodial sentence term reduction and the application of this penalty does not apply to minors who have committed criminal offences after the entry into force of this amendment. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 30 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia