Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/194060
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on maternity and sickness insurance" to make the law "on maternity and sickness insurance" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1996, 1., no. 4; 1998, no. 15, no. 1; 2001; 2002; 2003, 22 no, no 2, 2004, 23; 5. No; 2005, 2. No; 2007, 24 no; 2009, no 2) follows : 1. Express article 1 (1) of the following: "1) insurance case — the social risks associated with the socially insured person's capacity or parental loss, if as a result the person lose income, as well as the case where a person incurs expenses in connection with the death of a family member or socially insured persons death, moreover, in accordance with the provisions of this law, those cases are identified that creates a right to a State social insurance allowance; ".
2. Turn off 10.4 of the first paragraph of point 2.
3. To supplement the law with article 10.7 as follows: "article 10.7. The parental allowance is paid to stop parental allowance is paid off until a person receives unemployment benefits. If, by granting unemployment benefits, finds that parental benefits to a person in respect of the same period already paid, the amount of unemployment benefit to be paid shall be reduced by the period of parental benefits paid amount. "
4. Turn off the article 11, paragraph 4, the words "in accordance with the medical opinion".
5. Article 13: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) sickness benefit is granted and paid on time from sick days to 11 capacity date of recovery, but not more than 26 weeks of sick the first day when incapacity is continuous, or not more than 52 weeks of the three-year period, if the failure persists with breaks.";
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) on the basis of the health and integrity of the expertise of the Commission's opinion, the doctor, sickness benefits, if necessary a full treatment, granted and paid well for a continuous period of incapacity, which will continue after the first part of this article in 26 weeks, but not more than 52 weeks of incapacity for work for the first day."
6. Express article 18 (1) of the following: "1) person during incapacity benefit income as a worker or self-employed;".
7. Replace article 29, first paragraph, the words "persons" with the words "at the time, as long as the recipient of the allowance or child care, which is paid allowance".
8. Article 31: replace the first part of the word "six" with the number "12";
Replace paragraph 2, second subparagraph, the words and figures "for six months and this law provided for in article 32 of the 12-month period, with the option of an average insurance contributions wage to determine worker on the six" with the words and figures "and this law provided for in article 32 of the 12-month period, with the option of an average insurance contributions wage to determine worker on the 12".
9. transitional provisions: Add to the introductory part of paragraph 5, the words "of persons insurance wages, of which had to be made or made social security contributions for insurance for parents:";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 the following: "9. The Person under the Cabinet of Ministers established the issue of disability rights page on sickness benefits have occurred up to 30 June 2009 and intermittent periods of incapacity for work continuously will continue after July 1, 2009, the sickness benefit is granted and paid to the incapacity period but not more than 52 weeks of incapacity, or the first day of no more than 78 weeks of the three-year period, if the failure with repeated interruptions.
10. The Person to whom the child born up to 31 March 2009, the average insurance contributions wage parental determination of benefits calculated in accordance with the transitional provisions of paragraph 5, without applying the provisions of the insurance contributions wage of the person from which it was made or to be made the State social insurance contributions by parents insurance.
11. A child born up to 30 June 2009 or 306 days, starting July 1, 2009, the parental allowance is also granted to the person of parental time is employed or generate income as self-employed.
12. Until 2 May 2010 in the case of insurance within the meaning of this law is also applicable when a person incurs expenses in connection with child care.
13. a worker to whom the temporary work incapacity occurred before December 31, 2009. and continuously after 1 January 2010, the average insurance contribution wage of the State social insurance benefit for the determination of the calculation of insurance payments of salary for the period of six calendar months, the period ending two calendar months before the month in which the accident occurs.
14. Amendment of article 31 of this law in the first part and the second part of paragraph 2 in respect of insurance contribution wage changes of the period of six to 12 months, shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
15. a worker to whom the temporary work incapacity occurred until 30 June 2009, and continuously will continue after July 1, 2009, the sickness benefit is granted and paid in the event of the incapacity of the person during the profit as a worker in one of their jobs, while at least one work not working, or generate income as self-employed.
16. Article 10.7 of this Act shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
17. During the period from July 1, 2009 to 2 May 2010 in person during child-raising benefit income as a worker or self-employed according to this law the parental benefit is paid according to the law "on State pensions and State benefits during the period from 2009 to 2012.
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2009.
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 30 June 2009 Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by 1 July 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia