Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/194215
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended the National Security Act to make the National Security Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 3; 2002, 1, 12 no, 12, 23; 2003. No; 2004, nr. 9; 2005, 2, 10, 11 no, 1, 14; 2006, 24 no; 2007, 9, 10, 16; 2008, nr. 11. No No 2, 2009) the following amendments : 1. Turn off 15.1 and 15.2.
2. Turn off the article 19 2.1 paragraph, the words "and the information analysis service manager".
3. in article 20: turn off the second sentence of the second subparagraph;
turn off the fourth paragraph, the words "and the information analysis".
4. Make the second subparagraph of article 26 (1) of the following: "1) prepares the constitutional protection Office, in cooperation with the security police and military intelligence and security services;".
5. the transitional provisions be supplemented with 10 and 11 by the following: ' 10. Align the work of the information analysis Department of the national security institutions.
11. For information analysis officers, which at the time of the dissolution of this service, subject to the transitional provisions laid down in point 10, meets the criteria required for persons who are entitled to a retirement pension under the constitutional protection Office's official retirement pension, retirement pension is granted. Information analysis service officers are assigned to the retirement pension, calculated and paid according to the constitutional protection Office's official retirement pension of the procedures laid down in the law. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of 18 June 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 July 2 editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on July 3, 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia