Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/199480
The Saeima has adopted and the President issued the following law: amendments to the law "on the road" to make the law "on the road" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1992, 13./14.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, no. 5; 1997, no. 22; in 2002, No 21; 2003, no. 23; 2004, no. 23; 2005, no. 24; 2006, nr. 24; 2007, 12, no. 24; 2009, no. 3, 8.) the following amendments: 1. in article 5: Supplement to article 6.1 and 6.2 part as follows: "(61) in order to perform the transport operations by road and the streets with vehicles or vehicle combinations (with or without cargo or passengers, cargo or passengers), whose actual dimensions, weight or axle load exceeds certain legislation permitted sizes (heavyweight or bulky vehicles), you need to get a bulky and heavy transport permission other than the cases referred to in paragraph 6.2. Bulky and heavy transport permission gives the right to move through the specified route. This permit shall prepare and issue a public joint stock company "Latvian state roads".
(62) where, taking the heavyweight or bulky shipments, there is no need to have this authorization shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
to make the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the procedures for the issue of the transport of bulky and heavy, as well as authorization procedures are performed on these services shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
2. in article 6: express first, second and third subparagraph by the following: "(1) State and local road road and street use, free of charge, if the law does not provide otherwise.
(2) If you make bulky or heavy weight transport by the merchant, or House, on this road use can take charge when it determined the track owner.
(3) on the bulky and heavy transport authorisation (article 5 of this law 6.1) legislation in the cases and in the order of State fee payable. "
3. transitional provisions: turn off paragraph 14;
transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 16: "this law amended 16 of article 6 of the first, second and third parts of the expression of the new version shall enter into force on January 1, 2011."
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 of 8 October.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 V 22 October editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on 23 October 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia