Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200090
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on enterprise income tax" to make the law "on enterprise income tax" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, 7, 24 no; 1996, nr. 9, 15; 1997, no. 8, 24; 1998, nr. 8, 21; 1999, no. 6, 24; 2000, no. 9; 2001, 1, 5, 24 no; 2003; 2005, 15 No 2. 24. no; in 2006, no 1; 2007, 3, 12, no. 24; 2009, no. 1, 15; Latvian journal, 2009, 158. No.) the following amendments: 1.6.4 article: make the fourth paragraph as follows: "(4) the first and second subparagraphs shall not apply to credit institutions and insurance companies.";
to supplement the article with 4.1 and 4.2 part as follows: "(41) the first and second subparagraphs shall not apply to interest payments on loans received from credit institutions, which are the Latvian or another Member State of the European Union or the European economic area country resident or a resident of a country with which Latvia has concluded a Convention or Treaty on the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion, if the Convention or treaty was entered into force on as well as from the Republic of Latvia, the Treasury, the Nordic investment bank, the European development bank strukcij and Rekon, European investment bank and the Council of Europe development bank and the World Bank Group.
(42) the second paragraph of this article shall not apply to interest payments on loans received from financial institutions, which meet both of this article referred to the criteria: 1) it is a Latvian or another Member State of the European Union or the European economic area country resident or a resident of a country with which Latvia has concluded a Convention or Treaty on the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion, if the Convention or the agreement has entered into force;
2) it provides lending or financial leasing services, and its supervision over credit institutions or national financial management authority. ";
Supplement fifth with the sentence the following wording: "in this article, the taxable income adjustment for interest payments do not apply to Latvia and other Member States of the European Union or the European economic area, publicly traded debt securities."
2. Supplement article 13 with 8.1 and 8.2 part as follows: "(81) If a taxable person of the public-private partnership contract is long-term investments during this Treaty passed the public partner in the fixed assets, the amount of taxable costs written off in equal shares of the public-private partnership contract period.
(82) the provisions of This part of article 8.1 also apply: 1) public-private partnership process, which, in accordance with the public procurement law initiated before public and private partnership law and the date of entry into force is continued pursuant to the public procurement law;
2) concession contracts, if the Cabinet or the relevant local authority concessions law has taken a decision on the transfer of the concession the concession's resources and approved the conditions for the granting of concessions and future activities are carried out according to the law of concessions. "
3. Supplement article 27 paragraph 9 with the following: "9) order in which the State corporations, which delegated to the Ministry of culture national cultural features, lists the donations received, provide a public report on the donors, the donor and donation amounts received and the use of this information, to be included in the report as well as the measures taken if donations are not used in the society, especially the needy and socially disadvantaged groups of persons to cultural needs or concert , performances or Opera dramas. "
4. transitional provisions be supplemented by 88 points in the following wording: "88. Amendments to the law of the fourth paragraph of article 6.4, 4.1 and 4.2 part of article 6.4, as well as the amendments to the fifth subparagraph of article 6.4 shall apply to the taxation period, beginning in 2010."
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2009 October 15.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. November 4, editorial comment: the law shall enter into force on 18 November 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia