Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200698
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the chemicals and chemical products to the law to make chemicals and chemical products Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 10; 2001, 3, 22 no, 23 no; 2003; 2005, no. 15; 2007, nr. 24) as follows: 1. Turn off the name of the law, the words "and" chemical products ".
2. To replace the words "throughout the Act chemical products" (fold) with the word "mixture" (folds).
3. in article 1: (1) be expressed as follows: "1) activities with chemicals or mixtures, chemical substance or mixture [of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008, Regulation (EC) no 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, and amending and repealing directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC and Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (text with EEA relevance) , meaning the production, import,] the processing, packaging, storage, transfer, use, collection, disposal, processing, placing on the market or distribution, as well as actions that chemicals or mixtures are used in the chemical process as raw materials or additives or are created as an intermediate product, or any other similar operations; "
Replace paragraph 6, the word "products" with the word "mixture";
turn off the point 7.
4. in article 3: Supplement 1.1 part before the word "understanding" with the following text: "as well as the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008, Regulation (EC) no 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, and amending and repealing directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC and Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (hereinafter regulation 1272/2008)";
Replace paragraph 2 of the second paragraph, the words "or" product "or" mixture;
to make the third part of the "h" point 1 the following subparagraph: "(h)) ready-made explosives, chemicals or mixtures used in pyrotechnic effect and become available to other persons, if the activities with these ready-made explosives, chemicals or mixtures may cause the risk of industrial accidents".
5. in article 4: replace the first paragraph, the words "trade in biocides" with the words "the placing on the market of biocidal products and distribution";
to supplement the first sentence with the following: "health inspection carried out chemical health impacts assessment. ';
replace the third paragraph, the words "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" with the words "the national environmental guard";
Express 3.1 part as follows: "(31) State limited liability company" Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre ": 1) shall be the competent authority, which shall operate in accordance with regulation 1907/2006 and article 121 provides that regulation and in article 123 article 124 of the requirements laid down in the first paragraph, as well as in accordance with regulation 1272/2008 article 43 and 44 of that regulation provides, and the requirements in article 45;
2) create a helpdesk, in accordance with regulation 1907/2006 of the second subparagraph of article 124, as well as regulation 1272/2008 article 44;
3) assess chemical risks, taking into account the health inspection for the assessment of the impact of chemicals on health. ";
to complement the fourth paragraph after the word "substances" with "or" mixture;
Express 6.1 part as follows: "(61) consumer protection Center controls the trade in chemical products under regulation 1907/2006 and check compliance with the construction requirements of the law on construction sites, factories and as well as check the provenance of construction market of the Declaration of conformity. ';
turn off 6.2 part.
6. Replace article 6, second paragraph, the words "and" and the words "mixture".
7. in article 9: replace the third paragraph, the words "or" product "or" mixture;
to make an eighth of the following: "(8) for the purpose of disinfection, dez in sections and pest extermination services-related commercial activities, this service provider specified by cabinet order shall notify the operational health authorities."
8. Article 10: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) any natural or legal person who places on the market or the chemical mixtures shall be responsible for ensuring that the chemical substances or mixtures that are placed on the market, should be classified in accordance with the intrinsic physical, chemical, toxicological and other properties."
replace the third paragraph, the words "and" and the words "mixture".
9. Replace article 11, second paragraph, the words "which products" with the words "which mixes".
10. Replace article 12, second paragraph, the words "or" with the words "importer, the importer or the Distributor".
11. Replace article 19, second paragraph, the words "or" product "with the words" or "mixtures".
The Parliament adopted the law on 29 October 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 17 November, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by December 1, 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia