Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/200696
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the social services and social assistance law to make social services and social assistance Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2003; 2004, nr. 2, 14., 18., 2005, no; no 2; 2006, no. 13; 2007, 12, 15 No 3, 21; 2008. no; 2009, 3, 12 no) the following amendments: 1. Express article 3, fourth subparagraph by the following : "(4) the right to receive social rehabilitation of victims of trafficking in human beings, which is a citizen of the European Union, and his minor in the custody of a child. Victims of human trafficking, which is not a citizen of the European Union, and his minor in the custody of a child shall have the right to receive social rehabilitation Act "On victims of human trafficking in the Republic of Latvia to stay" in the cases provided for. "
2. Put article 5 by the following: "article 5. Social assistance of fundamental principles (1) the social assistance provided to the customer, based on his physical resources, the income and property of the individual providing the assessment of each client's cooperation according to the law "on social security".
(2) until 31 December 2011, assessing the customer's material resources, the income is not considered child-raising allowance, benefits to child-raising allowance or parental allowance for twins or more of one of the children born in the breech, the first 50 lat of the parental benefit, benefit to the State family benefit for a disabled child, child care, disability benefits, disability benefits, which requires care, allowances with coeliac disease sick child allowance to compensate for the transport costs for disabled people that is the difficulty of movement, the birth of a child, death grants, unemployment scholarship professional training, retraining or skills, as well as non-formal education.
(3) From 1 January 2012, assessing the customer's material resources, the income is not considered child-raising allowance, benefits to child-raising allowance or parental allowance for twins or more of one of the children born in the breech, the first 100 lats from the parental benefit, the family state benefit and premium at the State family benefit for a disabled child, child care, disability benefits, disability benefits, which requires care, allowances with coeliac disease sick child benefits to compensate for the transport costs for disabled people who have difficulty moving around, the birth of a child, death grants, unemployment scholarship and rent and compensation of travel expenses for training, retraining or skills, as well as non-formal education. "
3. Express article 9.1 the following: ' article 9.1. State funded long-term social care and social rehabilitation services of the institutions from the State budget pursuant to this law, the provisions of article 13.1, financed long-term social care and social rehabilitation institution services: 1) for persons with mental disabilities, which these institutions placed before 1 January 2003;
2-minor) the blind and persons with severe mental disabilities;
3) children with severe mental disabilities between the ages of four and eighteen years of age;
4) orphans and without parental care for the remaining children under the age of two years and children with mental and physical disabilities aged up to four years. "
4. Turn off the second part of article 10 the second sentence.
5. Express article 11 paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) to make the social environmental research, identify problems, develop the concept of the development of social services, the target program, and proposals for the introduction of new services and to participate in the municipal development plan development; ".
6. Supplement article 13 with 1.1 part as follows: "(11) the State shall provide support to local authorities guaranteed minimum income benefits and costs benefits the provision of housing to citizens under the annual State budget allocation law. The guaranteed minimum income level benefit and housing benefit paid for the necessary government funding conditions and procedures determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
7. Replace the third paragraph of article 13.1 number "85" with the number "90".
8. Add to the first paragraph of article 15.1 to paragraph 5 by the following: "(5)) provides long-term social care and social rehabilitation services for adult persons with severe mental disabilities."
9. Add to article 28 of the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) long-term social care and social rehabilitation services shall be suspended if the person is absent more than went two months from the date on which the fact of the disappearances reported to the police."
10. Add to article 29, first subparagraph, point 3 and 4 with the following: "3) if he is a person of legal age, the period from one month to three months stay outside the body of the other person (family) care. Long-term social care and social rehabilitation institution, written agreement with the person (family), determines the duration of residence, rights and obligations of the parties, as well as the cost of maintenance of the customer or subsistence allowances according to the period during which he is in another person's care (family);
4) if he is a child, stay out of the bodies of other people (family) care in accordance with the law on the protection of the rights of the child. "
11. Supplement article 33 with the second part as follows: "(2) the municipality may establish binding rules more favourable conditions for families (individuals) for recognition as a needy, including the poor could become a family (person) who has the debt. ';
believe the current text of article about the first part.
12. Supplement article 34 the second part of the sentence the following wording: "cash social assistance benefits paid are considered social assistance allowance, which cannot be said for recovery."
13. Express article 35 the third subparagraph by the following: "(3) If it is satisfied reasonable local population demand for guaranteed minimum benefits, income and housing allowance, the municipality, in assessing family (person) income is entitled from the municipal budget to pay other family benefits (people) to satisfy the basic needs."
14. Express article 36, the first paragraph by the following:
"(1) guaranteed minimum income levels and each year in conjunction with the annual national budget law review the draft Cabinet of Ministers."
15. transitional provisions be supplemented with 21, 22 and 23: "Amendment 21 Article 5 of the law on the evaluation of customer's material resources until 31 December 2011 is not to apply to persons up to the entry into force of the amendments to the decision is granted the status of a person in the poor.
22. Article 13 of law 1.1 part is valid until 31 December 2011. in 2009 the national budget funds guaranteed minimum income benefits and costs benefits the housing for local governments is granted for the period from 1 October 2009 and the Ministry of welfare funds for that purpose are allocated from the budget of the Ministry of Finance sub 41.02.00 "unexpected cases".
23. This law 15.1 of the first paragraph of article 5 shall enter into force on January 1, 2010. "
The Parliament adopted the law on 29 October 2009.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2009 g. on 17 November, the Editorial Note: the law shall enter into force by December 1, 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia