Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/201363
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on epidemiological safety do epidemiological safety Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 3; 2000, no. 10; 2004, nr. 5, 10; 2006, nr. 10; 2007, 14, 21; 2008, no. 11. nr.) the following amendments: 1. Replace article 1, title of article 7 and the second part, 13, 14, 25, 26, 28. 32. Article 40, and the words "public health agency" (fold) with the words "Infektoloģij Center" (fold).
2. in article 1: expressions of paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) epidemiological safety — prevention, hygiene, pretepidēmij, herbs and organisational conditions and measures system, the purpose of which is to reduce public health hazards caused by infectious diseases and environmental factors affecting health of exposure; ";
Express 32 as follows: "32) sensitive object: businessman, society, Foundation, institution (including an educational institution), derived public person, self-employed or a company whose activity consists in the provision of services to consumers and that the operation or use of the equipment may result in widely spread infectious diseases, if the allow the focus of infectious diseases occurred;"
Add to article 37 as follows: "37) hygiene-conditions and practical measures required to reduce or eliminate environmental factors (physical, chemical, biological) adverse effects as possible, guaranteeing safe and harmless to human health and the environment."
3. To make article 3 paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) public health measures; ".
4. Supplement article 6 with the fourth paragraph as follows: "(4) the health inspection evaluates the impact of environmental factors on human health, provides proposals for human health for the environment and, upon request, evaluate the hygiene requirements. '
5. Article 7, first paragraph: make the introductory paragraph by the following: (1) "public agency" Infektoloģij Center "(hereinafter referred to as the Infektoloģij Centre of Latvia):";
turn off paragraph 1;
turn off point 8.
6. To supplement the law with article 7.1 as follows: "article 7.1. Disaster Medical Center competence for disaster medical center coordinates and organizes public health measures for the protection of public health or disaster and other emergency situations. "
7. Replace article 8, second paragraph, the words "the public health agency's local unit" with the words "Infektoloģij Center".
8. Express article 17 as follows: "article 17. Information of treatment of the person obliged to inform patients or infectious person (or the person doing the care) about the spread of infectious diseases and individual prevention measures. "
9. Turn off the fourth paragraph of article 19.
10. Express article 27 the following: "article 27. Disinfection, pest control, pest extermination (1) areas and the maintenance and cleaning of objects, providing a harmful arthropods and rodents and succumbing to the introduction, is a territory or object owner or his authorized person (if any).
(2) the cabinet shall determine: 1) disinfection, pest control and pest extermination measures and financing arrangements for the outbreak of infectious diseases;
2) requirements regarding the preventive disinfection, pest control and pest extermination services object or area, as well as the requirements for the qualification of the employees providing the services;
3) educational institution, which trains the preventive disinfection, pest control and pest extermination services, training programs and service provider licence model. "
11. Article 35 be expressed as follows: "article 35. Limits the professional activities of the Cabinet of Ministers approved the list of communicable diseases that become diseased or infected persons and individuals which are having a professional a reasonable suspicion that they are contaminated with the infectious disease, forbidden to employ (teaching practice): 1) food and drinking water to the public the derivative business persons, institutions, entrepreneurs, self-employed workers, as well as other legal and natural persons, if the introductory paragraph of this article, the persons may come into direct or indirect contact with food or drinking water;
2) derived public persons, institutions, entrepreneurs, self-employed workers, as well as other legal and natural persons whose activity consists in the provision of services to consumers (for instance, Barber, cosmetics, sauna in offices, swimming pools);
3) treatment institutions, educational institutions, as well as extra-curricular activities (for example, camps). "
12. To make the title of Chapter VIII in the following wording: "chapter VIII. Quarantine and public health measures ".
13. To supplement the law with article 36.2, by the following: ' article 36.2. Public health measures (1) public health measures within the meaning of this law is a preventive and response measures by State and local authorities, as well as merchants, to prevent or reduce health risks due to dangerous infectious diseases, their agents and the risk of toxic substances, as well as due to unusual or unexpected infectious or other diseases or the detection of outbreaks of the disease in the territory of the country.
(2) the procedures to be taken in public health measures, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
14. Turn off the article 37.
15. Replace the words "article 39 enterprises (companies), institutions and organizations" with the words "Derived public persons, institutions, entrepreneurs, self-employed workers, as well as other legal and natural persons".
16. transitional provisions be supplemented with point 6 and 7 by the following: "6. The Cabinet of Ministers until 1 May 2010 does this law, 27, 35 and the provisions referred to in article 36.2.
7. Until the new cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 2010 to May 1, are applicable to the Cabinet of Ministers of 21 July 1998, the Regulation No 257 "medico-sanitary measures, the order of dangerous infectious diseases", the Cabinet Office's June 1, 1999, the rules no 203 "disinfection and disinsectisation pest extermination measures procedure" and the Cabinet of Ministers of 18 October 2000, the Regulation No 359 "rules of professional conduct ierobežojošaj communicable diseases" in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 on 12 November.
In place of the President of the parliamentary President G. Lot in Riga 2009 December 2.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia