Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/202992
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on medical practice" make law "on medical practice" (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 11; 2000, no. 10; 2004, nr. 9) the following amendments: 1. Express article 1 paragraph 4 by the following: "4) resident — a doctor undergoing accredited professional residency training program in medical specialties and is the work of legal relations with the education program implementing the treatment."
2. Make article 3 by the following: "3. the article on medical practice can be citizens of Latvia, non-citizens and foreigners who have a permanent residence permit, which has received the Latvian Medical Association issued medical certificates and registered doctors practice in the law."
3. in article 4: turn off paragraph 5;
Add to article paragraph 6 by the following: "6) persons over whom guardianship."
4. Replace article 8 the word "designate" with the word "send".
5. To exclude article 9, second, third and fourth sentences.
6. Make the article 12 by the following: ' article 12 medical document management medical practice of sorts under the legislation on medical document management procedures. "
7. To make article 14, first paragraph, the second sentence as follows: "the practice of doctor-patient revenue, State, local government, insurance companies and other natural or legal person payments for health care services and training."
8. Turn off articles 15 and 16.
9. Express article 19 by the following: ' article 19 For medical practice start-up or for practice change medical practice must within seven days notify the relevant local authorities, health authorities as the authorities of treatment holder of the register (hereinafter register of institutions of treatment) and State revenue. "
10. Express article 21, second sentence as follows: "it is the duty of the medical practice law in order to announce his practice observed adverse effect."
11. Turn off the article 24 and 25.
12. Replace article 26, the words "medical records" with the words "medical document".
13. Express 27, 28 and 29 of the article as follows: "article 27 if the patient changes his medical practice, the practitioner is obliged within three working days after receipt of the application, put the patient or patient's designated medical practice or medical institution, medical documents, copies of transcripts and extracts from these documents.
Article 28 medical practice may be replaced only in the same specialty doctor.
Article 29 (1) of the doctor's duty is to find a replacement for himself if his absence from their practice site is longer than five days. As a substitute for informed medical practice medical institutions.
(2) if the practitioner is unable to find a substitute, he shall notify the registry of treatment institutions and ensure that his practice is publicly available information about opportunities to receive health care in other medical institutions.
(3) a practitioner may be substituted for a period of up to two years. "
14. Express the title of Chapter VII, the following: "practitioner of Chapter VII termination and suspension".
15. Article 30: replace the first paragraph, the words "physician practice registers" with the words "medical institutions" to the registry;
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the termination of its activities, the practitioner shall refer the medical records in the archives or — after submission to another practitioner or medical body, creating the taking-over certificate and notifying the archive."
16. Article 31 of the expression by the following: ' article 31 medical authorities, the registry is entitled to exclude the practitioner from the register: 1) if the practitioner applies any of this law, article 4 restrictions;
2) if the practitioner provides registry false statements;
3) if practice doctor for more than two years without a break does not make medical practice;
4) due to the practice of doctor death. "
17. To supplement the law with article 31.1 the following: ' article 31.1 (1) suspended: 1) treatment in the cases specified by law;
2) practitioner on his own initiative, if his absence is longer than three months and has no substitute.
(2) the practitioner shall inform the medical record of the practice of the institutions to suspend the first part of this article, paragraph 2 in the case specified in and ensure that their practice is publicly available information about the suspension of the practice and an opportunity to receive healthcare in other medical institutions.
(3) the practitioner shall ensure that during the operation of the practice stopped, patients have access to their medical documents.
(4) a practitioner may stop the practice activity for a period of up to two years. "
18. Article 37 be expressed as follows: "article 37 (1) medical practice medical institutions recorded in the register.
(2) suspension of medical practice and medical practice in a replacement order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
19. Turn off article 38.
20. To supplement the law with the tenth chapter of the following: "chapter X final provisions article 39 medical institutions registry issued administrative act or actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health.
Article 40 the Ministry of Health issued the administrative act or actual action, as well as the decision on the contested administrative act or actual action may appeal to the Administrative Court of law. "
21. Transitional provisions: replace the words "transitional provisions" with the words "transitional provisions";
believe the current transitional provisions the transitional provisions of the text of paragraph 1;
adding to the transitional provisions in paragraph 2 by the following: "2. the amended article 9 of this law for the second, third and fourth sentences of the shutdown, the amendments 15, 16, 24 and 25 of the exclusion of article shall enter into force on March 1, 2010."
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2009 December 10.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2009 December 30
Search Translated Laws of Latvia