Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/207391
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the national armed forces act to commit national armed forces Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1999, no. 24; 2001, 21; 2002, nr. 3. No; 2004, 2, 8; 2005, nr. 7, 10. No; 2006, 24 no; 2008, no 3; 2009, 2. no) the following amendments: 1. Express article 3 by the following: ' article 3. National armed forces (1) national armed forces consist of: 1) regular forces;
2) National Guard;
3) national armed forces reserve.
(2) national armed forces under the authority of the bodies and approved by the Minister of defence by the national armed forces Commander's proposal.
(3) the derogation in time of war or a State of national armed forces are included in the composition of the Bank of Latvia Board of protection and State guard.
(4) the National Guard of the Republic of Latvia governed by special laws.
(5) in order to ensure the legality of the national armed forces, the regular force with the investigation authorities and operational entity the right to operate military police.
(6) the national armed forces constitute the reserve military service subject to Latvian citizens, who entered in the national armed forces reserve. "
2. Turn off the article 4, the words "and approved by the Cabinet of Ministers".
3. in article 5: turn off the second part of paragraph 3, the words "and military";
turn off 2.1 part.
4. Make the second division title by the following: "chapter II the national armed forces and their implementing measures".
5. To make article 6 by the following: "article 6. National armed forces (1) national task forces are the following: 1) national land protection and immunity, as well as the proper national maritime and airspace control, protection and immunities;
2) participation in international operations laws and international treaties set in order;
3 participation in national threat) situation prevention legislation.
(2) other, unexpected in this Act in the performance of tasks of national armed forces units (subunits) may be involved with the order of the Cabinet of Ministers. "
6. To supplement the law with article 6.1 as follows: "article 6.1. National armed forces and a separate unit for the task implementation measures (1) the performance of this law, article 6 of the tasks laid down in the national armed forces shall take the following measures: 1) provides a unit of combat and mobilization readiness;
2) prepares the personnel and units for participation in international operations, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the European Union's rapid reaction force;
3) destroyed the explosive objects;
4) Coast Guard, coordinates and carries out human search and rescue at sea, in the sea, eliminate the consequences, take part in ecological surveillance and maritime control regime;
5) cabinet order provides the National Guard with technical means, floating craft and aircraft its tasks;
6) trained reserve soldiers;
7) special operations;
8) in accordance with the provisions of international agreements made for the exchange of classified information with the national authorities and with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization or the European Union institutions;
9) airspace, territorial sea and internal waters (with the exception of rivers and Lakes), as well as the exclusive economic zone of surveillance and control;
10) organised by the Republic of Latvia and the national armed forces representative of military ceremonies and provides godasardz.
(2) military police in addition to the first part of this article, the measures laid down in the following measures: 1) to the President in the order provides the President, his family, the newly elected President of the country (from the election to the solemn declaration of going), the person who took the post of the President, Office of the President and the President's residence (security guards);
2) cabinet order provides the President invited foreign and international organisations (security guards);
3) Defence Minister in the order: (a)) of the Ministry of defence and national armed force commander invited foreign officials and representatives of international organisations (security guards), b) Defence Minister and Commander of the national armed forces and officials of certain objects (security guards), c) accompany the columns and guarded military trucks, the regulation of the national armed forces vehicles and its control (traffic monitoring), as well as the regulation of the movement of other vehicles and its control (traffic monitoring) of the Ministry of defence owned objects , apsargājamo objects and military locations, measure d) shall ensure that the safety of military events venue;
4) prevent and stop criminal offences, administrative offences and other offences in military units or their location, apsargājamo objects, guarded the residence of persons and military locations, measure according to identify and detain the offender expertise;
5) investigates criminal offences as well as military service, criminal offences, the military units or their location or whom committed national armed forces personnel in connection with their service (post) position or official duty;
6) competency of persons performing the search, the arrival of the forced detention of or avoid the investigation (participation in procedural steps), or the execution of the Court or is absent went;
7) provides for the criminal offence of detainee pavadapsardzīb (convoy) and security guards, if the criminal pre-trial investigation is the military police detained a person's competence and left the temporary detention space to make criminal sanction.
(3) the performance of this law, article 6 of the tasks laid down in the national armed forces provide support to: 1) security police — counter-terrorism measures, as well as the threat of terrorism or management activities;
2) civil protection system — preventive and response measures, emergency emergency situation caused by the consequences of the event activities, as well as the rescue and search work;
3) national police, public order and security;
National Guard — 4) State immunity. "
7. Turn off 7, 8, 9, 12, 12.1, 12.2 and 12.3.
8. Make article 13 the first subparagraph by the following: "(1) the national armed forces of management of the National Commander of the armed forces, which are subject to the Defence Minister. National armed forces Commander is the country's top military officer. National armed forces Commander is Deputy Commander's absence in the performance of his duties. National armed forces Commander is Deputy national armed forces joint staff Chief. "
9. To make article 14 second subparagraph of paragraph 5 by the following: "5) determine the national armed forces unit tasks and approve the regulations."
10. in article 15: turn off in the first paragraph, the words "the necessary decision-making information, documents and proposals, in his order and order execution control";
make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the national headquarters of the forces led by the United national armed forces joint staff Chief. National armed forces Joint Chief of staff appointed and released from Office by the Cabinet of Ministers, on a proposal by the Defence Minister. "
11. Turn off the article 16.
12. Express article 17 the third part as follows: "(3) the cabinet shall determine the order in which national armed forces take part in the crash, fire and rescue, as well as emergency emergency situation caused by the consequences of the event."
13. Add to article 18 of the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) in the third subparagraph shall not transfer the property referred to in the privatization. The Cabinet of Ministers approves these real estate listings. "
14. Express article 20 the following: "article 20. National armed forces development planning (1) national armed forces development plan and national armed forces development plan, subject to the procedures for the military planning, the Ministry of Defense, developed on the basis of the concept of national defence national defence operational plans and national armed forces Commander.
(2) national armed forces development plan shall: 1) national armed forces development goals, development and action in the long term (12 years);
2) development priorities, tasks, deadlines, as well as planning and budget development inter-relationship in the medium term (four years).
(3) national armed forces development plan every four years approved by the Cabinet of Ministers. Defense Minister, if necessary, prepare the amendments to the national armed forces development plan and submit it to the Cabinet for approval.
(4) on the basis of the national development plan of the armed forces, the national armed forces joint staff development each year, the national armed forces in the annual plan, the national armed forces tasks and measures for next year, according to the financial means granted. National armed forces annual plan approved by the Minister of defence. "
15. Replace article 21, first paragraph, the word "State" with the words "war".
16. transitional provisions be supplemented with 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 the following: "7.2010 31 December national armed forces personnel in peace time, in addition to article 5 of this law, referred to in the second paragraph, as well as the national armed forces personnel for participation in international operations also include military personnel, with which the employment contract is concluded until 31 March 2010.
8. this law 6.1 of the first paragraph of article 5, second paragraph, point 3 and article 17 referred to in the third subparagraph of the Cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 30 June 2010 the following Cabinet of Ministers regulations, in so far as they are not inconsistent with this law: 1) Cabinet of 19 March 2002, the Regulation No. 126 "the order in which the State border guard of the State border protection in the sea using the national armed forces of technical means, floating devices and aircraft ";
2) Cabinet of 10 February 2009.-Regulation No. 113 "order in which national armed forces take part in the crash, fire and rescue, as well as emergency induced effects in liquidation";
3) Cabinet of 17 June 2009. Regulations No 535 "order in which military police provide the Saeima, the President invited the foreign and international organisations (security)".
9. If this law article 18, part of the fourth estate privatisation proposals received up to March 31, 2010, to examine the legislation.
10. Until 30 June 2010 military police in addition to this law, in the second paragraph of article 6.1 of the measures provides the members of the Parliament and Parliamentary Bureau, as well as the parliamentary body (object) protection (security) parliamentary procedure laid down by the Bureau, as well as the parliamentary foreign and invited representatives of international organisations (security) Cabinet.
11. The Cabinet until 31 December 2011 to approve the national armed forces development plan prepared in accordance with this law, article 20 second paragraph. "
The law shall enter into force on 1 April 2010.
The law adopted by the Parliament in March 11, 2010.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Many Riga 2010 31 March
Search Translated Laws of Latvia