Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/208002
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on water management to make water management law (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 20; 2003; 2004, nr. 2, 10. No; 2005, no. 5; 2007, nr. 13; 2009, No 11) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 5 tenth with 11 as follows: ' 11) surface ūdensobjekt where there is a risk of failing to meet this statutory good surface water status in this period provided for in the law (risk ūdensobjekt) as well as the requirements for the protection of such ūdensobjekt. "
2. Replace the fourth subparagraph of article 9, the introductory part, the words "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" with the words "public limited liability company" Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre "(hereinafter referred to as the Centre)".
3. Replace the words "the whole law Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Agency" (fold) with the word "Centre" (the fold).
4. in article 14: adding to the first part of paragraph 3 with the following: "3) surface ūdensobjekt good condition fails to reach cross-border pollution.";
Add to the second part of paragraph 5 with the following: "5) made this law, as laid down in article 10 of the cooperation and coordination of activities and the respect of this law, in article 12 and 13 requirements for surface ūdensobjekt affected by transboundary pollution as a result of which it has not been possible to take effective measures to ensure compliance with of surface water environmental quality standards."
5. in article 15: to express the second subparagraph by the following: "(2) on the basis of the first paragraph of this article and the information given in the register of pollutants, environmental monitoring and national statistics report includes information and data, as well as other available information and data centre priority hazardous substances and emissions, losses and leaks. Accounts shall be kept for each river basin district, or within the territory of Latvia in international river basin district. ";
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) the first paragraph of this article, the economic analysis of the characteristics of a river basin and the impacts of human activity evaluation report at least every six years. This information report, take into account: 1) the flood hazard maps and flood risk maps provide information;
2) priority hazardous substances and emissions, losses and leakages records of the previous year before the review. And priority hazardous substances, subject to the conditions on the placing of plant protection products on the market, the records can be calculated as the average of the previous three year period. "
6. in article 18: to supplement the first part of paragraph 10 by the following: ' 10) information and a summary of the measures taken to prevent or reduce pollution. "
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the management plan can be taken into account in drawing up the regional or local authorities planning or its amendments."
7. Article 19: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the Minister of the environment shall approve management plans for each river basin district. Management plans for the Ministry of the environment and the Centre shall publish on its homepage on the internet. Management plan, including flood risk management plan, renewed at least every six years. ';
replace the second paragraph, the words "Cabinet" with the words "Minister of environment".
8. transitional provisions be supplemented with 17, 18 and 19 of the following paragraph: "17. Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December 31 issued this law article 5 tens in paragraph 11 of part these provisions.
18. in article 15 of this law that the economic analysis of the characteristics of a river basin and the impacts of human activity evaluation report for the first time until 22 December 2013.
19. Article 15 of this law provided for in the second paragraph of record launches, including data on the one-year period from 2008-2010. And priority hazardous substances, subject to the conditions on the placing of plant protection products on the market, the records can be calculated as an average for the period from 2008 to 2010. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 25 March 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 April 14.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia