Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/208921
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of bills of Exchange to make bills of Exchange Act (laws and regulations storage, 1938, no. 38; The Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1992, 37./38.nr.) the following amendments: 1. Express article 1 by the following: "1. Injunction to (draft) are securities issued trasant and which includes the written task (trasāt) the payer pay the Bill at a specified sum of money to a third party. The injunction must be: 1), who made the sign that is transferable. The legend expressed in the text of the Act, the language of the written law;
2) unconditional job to pay a certain sum of money;
3) payer's name and ID number. If the person does not have a social security number, the birth year, month, day, and location;
4) payment term designation;
5) payment site designation. Regarding the place of payment of the State the full address, and, if the injunction to pay the bank name and bank-account number. If you do not specify the place of payment, for the discharge of the injunction to be considered;
6) the name of the person, the name and code of the person to whom or to which the payment is to be made of the orders. If the person does not have a social security number, the birth year, month, day, and location;
7) transferable discharge location full address. If you do not specify the place of the injunction as such is considered a trasant (the person who issued the injunction) place of residence;
8) regarding the date of (digital);
9) trasant caption. By signing, the injunction should not be used faksimilzīmog;
10) mark on State duty payment (national toll, stamp, the date of the bank the bank employee's signature).
If the trasant is for some reason unable even to sign an injunction, then at his request it may be signed by another person. In that case the injunction to be notarial declaration that injunction signed by trasant request. "
2. Replace article 10, the words "if he has not obtained the injunction to bad faith or not getting it, the admission of negligence of rough" with the words "if he has not obtained the injunction or filled out the bad faith or it is not getting or filling a tolerance of rough negligence".
3. Add to article 11 the first paragraph with the sentence the following wording: "the endorsement is transfer the inscription on the reverse side of a bill that declares this Bill from going to another person's hands."
4. Supplement article 15, first subparagraph after the word "indosant" with the words "(the person who made the endorsement)."
5. Make the following article 21: "21. Adoption (acceptance) is a person's consent to pay a Bill at a specified sum of money within the time limit provided for in the Bill.
Every legal injunction the holder or any person to which the transferable, can up to the terms of payment and the place of residence of the payer to report regarding the person. "
6. Article 30: to supplement the first subparagraph following the words ' with the "with the word" guarantee (aval) ";
to supplement the first sentence with the following: "guarantee is a guarantor of the inscription on the transferable or a simple Bill of Exchange to which the guarantor shall pay to the recipient regarding the guarantee or simple draft in that sum or part of the payment."
7. Article 36: adding to the article with the new fourth subparagraph by the following: "If the terms of payment specified in the weeks following the injunction, then the terms of payment entered on the day of the week that corresponds to the name of a Bill after discharge date.";
believe the current article fourth of fifth.
8. Express 37 and 38 of the following article: "37. If the injunction to be payable in a given day, which is a valid calendar that does not coincide with the transferable discharge site calendar, terms of payment shall be determined by the place of payment calendar.
If the injunction is issued, setting the time on a specific day, the injunction to recordable (words), year, date and month in which the payment is to be made. The due date occurs on the date entered in the injunction.
If the injunction to be payable in a specified period of time after discharge and discharge and payment location do not match the calendar, the date of payment of the conversion after the site calendar and determined in accordance with the terms of payment.
Regarding reporting for the times calculated in accordance with the third paragraph of this article.
The provisions of this article shall not apply if the injunction from the marks and even the General from the content follows the intention to act otherwise.
38. Regarding the payable to a specific day or within a specific time after discharge or disclosure, regarding the holder presented for payment to the payer payment term accession or in one of the two following terms of payment set out in Latvia working days.
Regarding the holder has the rights referred to in the first subparagraph shall be subject to the injunction to a notary, if the transferable reporting deadline and bearer the Bill regarding the location is unknown.
The notary in the second case referred to make proof of service of a notice to the payer under Chapter XVI of notarial law.
If the paying agency within the time limit specified in the notice to reply notification, apply the provisions of this law on the transferable payment.
If the paying agency within the time limit specified in the notice does not respond to the notification, make a notary certification of the transferable reporting period in accordance with the notarial act, the provisions of chapter XII and transferable reporting comparable presentation of the notary fees. "
9. in article 41: to supplement the first sentence with the following: "foreign currency abroad, the injunction issued payable in Latvia, as well as foreign currency in Latvia of issued injunction which would have been reported in Latvia, payable in the currency specified by regarding the rate, but if it is not specified, the injunction, according to the Bank of Latvia exchange rate."
to turn off the second part;
turn off the fourth paragraph, the words "and the second".
10. Replace article 42, the words "competent authorities" with the words "notary public".
11. Article 44: replace the third paragraph, the words "the next day" with the words "next working day" in Latvia;
to complement the fourth paragraph after the word "following" with the words "in Latvia";
Supplement to the eighth article as follows: "Latvia's injunction to be issued by the notary no later than the day before the date provided for in this article as the last day of the protests. Regarding the noprotestējam protest regarding the proposed the day following the day on which this Act is done in the 80 's the invitation provided for in article. ";
turn off the article.
12. Article 75 of the following expressions: "75. Bill of Exchange is the security that gives the holder the right to obtain from the employer or the akceptētāj Bill to pay certain amount of money within a certain time and place.
If a simple Bill of some reason unable even to sign the draft, then at his request it may be signed by another person. In such a case, the Bill of Exchange must be a notary's declaration that the Bill was signed by the Bill at the request of the employer.
Simple draft 1) must sign that said that the Act is a bill of Exchange. The legend expressed in the text of the Act, the language of the written law;
2) indicated that the draft may be granted only to one person, which is the first Bill of the worker;
3) indicated that the draft can be invoiced the same warrant and the other to warrant;
4) unconditional promise to pay a certain sum of money;
5) payment term designation;
6 designation of the place of payment). Bill payment site indicate the full address, and, if the Bill of exchange payment, bank name and bank-account number. If you do not specify the place of payment on the Bill of Exchange be discharged;
7) the name of the person, the name and code of the person to whom or to which the payment is to be made of the orders. If the person does not have a social security number, the birth year, month, day, and location;
8) Bill at the full address of the site. If you do not specify the Bill out of the considered ‑ residence;
9) Bill date (digits);
10) Bill's signature. By signing the Bill of Exchange must not use faksimilzīmog;
11) mark on State duty payment (national toll, stamp, the date of the bank the bank employee's signature). "
13. Article 79 of the following expressions: "79. legal act Protest is drawn up by the notary and which is confirmed by the fact that Bill has not been paid within the time limit specified therein."
14. Add to article 80 of the second part of the sentence the following wording: "the Protest shall be made pursuant to the Act Cabinet approved pattern."
15. Express article 87, first subparagraph, the first sentence as follows: "to be stored in the second act of protest and a copy certified true copy of the Bill of Exchange."
16. the fourth chapter by supplementing article 94.1 as follows: "94.1 the order in which the State fee payable for operations with bills of Exchange, and the toll is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2010.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2010 April 15.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 April 29
Search Translated Laws of Latvia