Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/209645
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of circulation of weapons in the Weapons Act of circulation (of the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 14; 2003; 2004, nr. 14, 10., 12., 2005, no; no 24; 2006, no. 14, no. 3; 2008; 2009, 2., 10., 14. no) the following amendments: 1. Express article 20 (1) of the following: "1) which punished for committing a crime delete — before criminal or removal; ".
2. Article 36: make the third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(3) the special authorization (license) by the payment of State fees shall be issued for an unlimited duration.
(4) the national regulatory authority, which issued the special permission (license) is entitled to suspend for a period of up to 60 days if: 1) has reason to believe that the operator's action threatens national security, stability, international commitments, public policy, environment, people's life, health or property — to make and get the opinions of the competent authorities;
2) merchant has violated arms, munitions, explosives, explosive guards, special features or pyrotechnic articles regulations of the commercial chain or other legislative requirements, to avoid offence. ";
Add to article 4.1 part as follows: "(5) the national regulatory authority, which issued the special permission (license) is entitled to withdraw it if: 1 the operator does not comply with this) in the second paragraph of article;
2) merchant has not fulfilled the tax obligations;
3) special permission trader (license) for deliberately providing false information;
4) Merchant is not distracted by the fourth paragraph of this article, paragraph 2;
5) merchant eliminates or suspended for a period longer than 60 days;
6) is revealed in the fact that the merchant transaction threatens national security, stability, international commitments, public policy, environment, people's life, health or property. ";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the decision on refusal to issue a special permit (license) or for suspension or withdrawal of the action can be a challenge and appeal against administrative procedure law. The decision on the special permission (license) the suspension or withdrawal of the opposition or appeal shall not suspend its operations and performance. ";
turn off the sixth paragraph, the words "extension of its validity".
3. Supplement article 42 with 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 in part as follows: "(81) shooting instructor, except shooting instructor, which is the State and local government institutions, of which the right to acquire, store, and use of weapons by law, certification of the Cabinet in the order of the Cabinet of Ministers and set out the fees the society" Latvian Sports Federation Council ".
(82) the society "Latvian Sports Federation Council" to fulfil the tasks laid down in paragraph 8.1, is entitled to issue administrative provisions and within the Ministry of education and science under the functional.
(83) the decision on the shooting instructor certificate issue or refusal to issue a certificate of appeal shooting instructor does not stop its operation. "
4. transitional provisions be supplemented with 7, 8 and 9 of the following paragraph: "Amendment 7 article 36 of this law in the third and sixth part of special permission (license) issued at the time of the entry into force on January 1, 2011.
8. Article 37 of this law in the special authorization (license) issued by 2010 31 December and which expired January 1, 2011 is not over, is valid until their expiration date. After this deadline the operator request from the authority that issued the special permission (license), the new sample (perpetual) special permission (license).
9. Article 42 of this law, and part of the 8.1 8.2 8.3 shall enter into force on July 1, 2010. "
5. Make the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions deriving from Council of 18 June 1991, the provisions of Directive 91/477/EEC on control of the acquisition and possession of weapons."
The Parliament adopted the law in 2010 on April 22.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V in 2010 12th may
Search Translated Laws of Latvia