Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/209821
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended the National Security Act to make the National Security Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 3; 2002, 1, 12 no, 12, 23; 2003. No; 2004, nr. 9; 2005, 2, 10, 11 no, 1, 14; 2006, 24 no; 2007, 9, 10, 16; 2008, nr. 11. No, 2, 15, 2009. no) the following amendments : 1. Express article 10, first paragraph, point 3 as follows: "3) confirms the critical infrastructure package;".
2. Express article 22.2 as follows: "article 22.2. Critical infrastructure (1) the critical infrastructure is located in the Republic of Latvia, the system or parts thereof which are essential to the implementation of important public functions, as well as human health, security, economic or social well-being and that destruction or malfunction would significantly affect the national implementation of the function.
(2) critical infrastructure are classified as follows: 1) national critical infrastructure is of paramount importance (category A critical infrastructure), destruction or reduction of the operational capacity of national significant risk management and safety;
2) important national critical infrastructure (category B critical infrastructure), disposal or operational capacity reduction makes it difficult to manage the country and threaten the security of society and the State;
3) municipal and sector critical infrastructure (category C critical infrastructure), disposal or operational capacity reduction make it difficult for local activities or the management of the sector, as well as a threat to public safety.
(3) certain critical infrastructure that destruction or impairment significantly affect at least two Member States of the European Union, can be defined as a European critical infrastructure.
(4) critical infrastructure, including the European critical infrastructures, the owner or legal possessor provides security planning and implementation.
(5) the critical infrastructure, including the European critical infrastructures, the owner or legal possessor internal security measures regulatory documents determined by the limited availability of information.
(6) the Cabinet of Ministers established the critical infrastructure, including European critical infrastructure, awareness and security measures in the planning and implementation of the agenda. "
3. Turn off the article 23.3.
4. transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 12: ' 12. Until the new cabinet from the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 2010 to June 1, is in force in the Cabinet of 10 June 2008 rules no 428 "national security an important object of security measures for the implementation of programming and". "
5. To supplement the law with the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directive included provisions in the law arising from the European Council of 8 December 2008, Directive 2008/114/EC on the identification and designation of European critical infrastructures and the assessment of the need to improve their protection."
The law in the Parliament adopted the 2010 April 29.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on May 14.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia