Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/210205
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on legal force of documents in article 1. (1) the document is any written information from any public or private entity (such as a State or municipal institution, private-law legal person, natural or legal persons, associations of notaries, bailiffs) (hereinafter referred to as the Organization) or a natural person.
(2) the legal effect of the document enables you to use the document for the implementation of the rights or legal interests. The document, which does not have legal force, other organisations and natural persons is not binding, but is binding on the author of this document.
2. article. (1) the law specifies the requirements documents, a derivative of the original (a copy of the statement or copy) and the development of the design of the replica or to obtain legal force.
(2) the electronic originals and derivatives also apply to electronic documents act.
(3) the provisions of this law shall not apply to the design and presentation of the law, diplomatic correspondence, as well as on the implementation and enforcement, which are associated with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) standards in the military field.
3. article. (1) the document or its derivatives obtained legal effect, physical person, developing and designing the document, legal capacity and capacity to comply with the rules.
(2) the document or its derivatives obtained legal effect, the Organization, developing and designing the document, comply with the law, in their statutes, Charter or treaty and other organizational law governing the statutory powers.
4. article. (1) in order to have legal effect to the document, it shall include the following properties: 1) the author of the document name;
2) document date;
(2) legislation in the cases specified in the document of the Organization, to have legal effect, in addition to the first paragraph of this article properties include the following properties: 1) document the name of the place of issue;
2) the imprint of the stamp;
3) document approval notice or document approval mark;
4) registration number of the document.
(3) a document given to the recipient of this document have legal force, also specify the recipient.
(4) where, in accordance with the legal requirements in the document should be more person, the signature document has the legal effect when it is signed by all parties concerned.
5. article. (1) the document will be signed in manuscript. The Organization of the document signed by the person whose position is specified in the document. Personal signature that paper document rendered with technical means, does not support the document legal force.
(2) If a natural person is not understandable to write or physically unable to sign the document and its location in the document is signed by another person, certify that fact by two witnesses. A signed document as witnesses include news, which clearly allows them to be identified.
6. article. (1) Document derivatives has legal effect only if the original document has legal effect.
(2) if the law of a notarial document the correctness of the derivative is not defined as optional, it can assure not only the notary, but the cases laid down in this article is also the organisation or natural person.
(3) an identity card or alternates will not certify the correctness of the derivative.
(4) the physical person can attest to the accuracy of the derivative of the document that are this person.
(5) the organization can certify the correctness of the derivative documents: 1) which the author it is;
2) which it has received from other organizations and natural persons if the laws do not specify that you need the consent of the originator;
3) which persons submit to this organisation.
(6) if necessary to verify the validity of the original document or document derivatives, the person who is the recipient of the derivative of a document, you can require that the original of the document is displayed.
7. article. (1) a document shall be issued on the basis of the replica, the source documents, according to which the original document was issued. Document replica has the same legal force as the original document.
(2) the document shall be issued for the duplicate body which issued the original document, or of the organisation or the successor in title. The issue of a duplicate of the document rules that apply on the date of issue of the replica is in force in respect of the original of the document in the appropriate documents.
8. article. (1) the original of the document, the derivative and duplicate development and design, as well as the regulatory document framework documents, in this system the document forming the Group and requirements for developing and designing a regulatory document framework documents, set in the Cabinet.
(2) the State language law in the cases specified in the development and design of a document in respect of that law.
Transitional provisions 1. With the entry into force of this law shall lapse at the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council of 28 May 1991 decision "on the duplicate copy of the document, and the accuracy of the statement of certification" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1991,/30.nr.).
2. the Cabinet of Ministers until July 1, 2010 does this law article 8, the provisions referred to in the first paragraph.
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of 6 May 2010.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Much 2010 in Riga on May 19.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia