Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/210625
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to law "on personal income tax" make law "on personal income tax" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, 22/23.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 2, 23; in 1995, 8., no. 14; 1996, no. 9; 1997, nr. 3, 21; in 1998, no 1; 1999, nr. 24; 2000, no. 5; 2001, no. 1, 24; in 2002, no 6; 2003, no. 15; 2004, no. 2; in 2005, 2., 8., no. 24; in 2006, 14, no. 22; 2007, 3, 12, no. 24; 2008, no. 12; 2009, 1., 2., no. 15, 16; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. No.) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 9: adding to the first part of paragraph 27 to the sentence by the following: "assistance in cash received from the public good of medical organisations to cover the annual taxable income is not included and is not subject to tax if the amount of usage for purposes of treatment is certified with the source documents stored by public benefit organization.";
Add to the first paragraph 35 with "c" and "d" paragraph by the following: "(c)) in full, regardless of whether the donor with the payer associate marriage or kinship up to the third degree of the civil code, if the gift is for and paying for their use to cover their own expenses for all degrees of higher education and vocational education, spending on specialty (Professional, Office Professional) acquisition of an approved educational institutions of Latvia as well as the Member States of the European Union and European economic area national training institutions or learning Government accredited education programs, d) in full, regardless of whether the donor with the payer associate marriage or kinship up to the third degree of the civil code, if the gift is for and paying for their use to cover their own expenses for medical and therapeutic use of the services, excluding repainting operations. ";
to supplement the article with the ninth subparagraph by the following: "9. in the first paragraph of this article 35" c "and" d "in the intended gift is received only for cashless settlement form, and use it for education or treatment gift recipient justify the following documents, which are in his possession: 1) prescription or conclusion, proving the need for medical treatment and is in the possession of the person, beginning on the day on which the donation was received;
2) justification the documents certifying the amount of the gift is spent two years from the date of receipt of the donation a specified educational or therapeutic purposes. "
2. Add to article 10 with 1.4 part as follows: "the first part of this article 1.4 paragraph 2 shall not apply if an individual's expenses are covered by this law, article 9, first paragraph, paragraph 27 or 35" c "or" d "referred to income."
3. in article 11: Supplement 1.2 part after the word "engineer" with the words "sworn bailiff;
make the third paragraph 14 by the following: "14) reforestation costs 25 percent, if an agreement has been concluded by the forest owner or legal possessor of forest restoration and forest restoration costs will not be included in the operating expenditure;";
Supplement third with 14.1 points as follows: "141) with timber production and disposal costs of 50 percent of the proceeds of the disposal of timber, if these costs are not based on documented;"
turn off the eighth.
4. in article 9: make the first paragraph by the following: "1. Capital gains determined from capital assets disposal prices less the purchase price and the capital value of the investment made in assets capital asset holding. If you receive a liquidation quota within the meaning of commercial law, capital gains is determined from the rewards received as liquidation quota by subtracting the acquisition value of the capital assets and capital assets the value of investments in capital asset holding. ";
to make a fifth by the following: "5. the capital asset acquisition value also includes expenditure related to the acquisition of the State fee for the design of the transaction, the State fee for approval in the case of inheritance or in case of the last will of the order or contract of inheritance legal force, the State fee for the property in the land consolidation, commissions and other similar expenses. Capital asset acquisition value also includes interest paid on the loan for the acquisition of the capital assets, if documented information allowing the identification of certified credit and capital asset acquisitions. Capital asset acquisition value also includes expenditure on the acquisition and holding of securities. ";
Add to article 5.1 part as follows: "5.1 the capital of the investment made in capital assets asset holding has investments of members of the Corporation's share capital. The investment made in real estate it is holding documented proven expenses related to real estate and renovation, if they made after December 31, 1993, and these costs are not recognised in the taxpayer's operating expenses, not the asset depreciation way, not current expenditure ".
off the seventh part of the second sentence;
to supplement the article with the 7.1 part as follows: "7.1 If real estate get up to 2000 December 31, its acquisition (acquisition) considers the current value of the real property cadastral value of real property in the year of disposal, which corrected the cadastral value divided by the Central Statistical Bureau determined each year by the consumer price index for the last 10 years preceding the alienation of the property."
5. in article 17: replace the eleventh part of introductory paragraph, the words "send a notice to the State revenue service at your location" with the words "send a notice to the State revenue service";
to turn off the second sentence of paragraph 12.1.
6. turn off article 6.1.
7. Supplement to article 39 paragraph 9 and 10 by the following: "9) sample form and fill out the order in which the proof of income gained from non-residents in the Republic of Latvia in the taxation year and income calculated and paid personal income tax of article 17 of this law in the case referred to in 12.1;
10) together with the Declaration, submit or display source document types. "
8. transitional provisions:
Replace paragraph 54, the words "single area payment" with the word "support";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 59 and 60 by the following: "59. Income from capital assets (capital gains), which is being made on the basis of transactions concluded and the laws established in the order until December 31, 2009 are not taxed. This provision shall apply to all such income received from January 1, 2010. Persons who set out in this paragraph income is already calculated or paid tax, adjusted it by submitting a declaration for the year 2010.
60. This law, article 9, first paragraph, point 35 "c" and "d" section, article 1.4 of part 11 amendments to the third paragraph of article 14, article 11 paragraph 14.1 of part three, article 11.9 of the first amendment and the fifth subparagraph of article 5.1 of part 9 amendments to the seventh paragraph of article 9 and article 11.9 7.1 part apply to taxation years that begin in 2010. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 13 May 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 26 May 2010 in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia