Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/211016
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the Railway Act to make Railway (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 9; 1999, no. 5, 23; 2001, nr. 1; 2003, 6, 10, 23; 2004, nr. 8. No; 2005; 2006 21 no, no. 1; 2007, nr. 13, 15; 2008, nr. 15, 16; 2009, 12, no. 20; Latvian journal, 2009, 193. No.) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 33: Supplement to the third part of paragraph 3, after the word "accident" with the words "and to make the records";
Supplement third with 10 and 11 by the following: ' 10) provide traction, the driver (engineer) of the certificate;
11) sort of traction, the driver (engineer) of the certificate registry. "
2. Express 21.8 the second subparagraph as follows: "(2) the security of issue of the licence, suspension and cancellation criteria and procedures established by the Cabinet of Ministers."
3. Add to article 37 to the fifth subparagraph by the following: "(5) for traction, the driver (engineer) of this article shall not apply to the conditions of part two, but applied this law, article 37.1."
4. Supplement article 37.1 of the Act by the following: ' article 37.1. Traction (engineer) (1) the traction driving rights permits a person to the carrier, or the infrastructure manager, a person who deals with this law, article 3, paragraph 5 of the business, responsible and safe to drive the relevant law of the categories of driving trains or separate traction means to train people or individual train traction driving and make other legislation the actions allowed by participating in railway traffic.
(2) a Person's right to drive or thrust feature rail infrastructure the station confirms a valid in the Member States of the European Union issued a traction (the engineer) certificate, the entry thrust, the driver (engineer) of the licence and the harmonised complementary certificate.
(3) in the first subparagraph in specific traction driving law is not needed, traction features that operate tram system and the railway networks, which are separated from the rest of the railway system and used only for rail infrastructure owner for its own freight operations or passenger operations and only with history and tourism related purposes.
(4) the harmonised complementary certificate issued traction (the engineer), the employer of the rail infrastructure, carrier or person dealing with this law, article 3, paragraph 5 of the commercial activity. The railway station in which traction the driver (the driver) is authorised to drive and indicating the rolling stock which the holder is authorised to drive. Harmonised complementary certificate shall be drawn up according to the European Commission of 3 December 2009 Regulation (EU) No 36/2010 for specimens of the community in accordance with European Parliament and Council Directive 2007/59/EC certainly train driving licences, complementary certificates, certified copies of complementary certificates and application forms the train driver's licence (hereinafter Regulation No 38/2010), the requirements of article 2.
(5) traction (the engineer) certificate is proof that thrust the driver (engineer) meet minimum medical requirements, basic education and general professional skills. Traction (the engineer) certificate contains the traction, the driver (engineer), the authority which issued the traction, the driver (engineer) of the certificate, and the date of expiry of the licence. Traction (the engineer) certificates shall be drawn up in accordance with Regulation No. 36/2010 article 1 requirements.
(6) a harmonised complementary certificate does not need traction to the driver (the driver), which runs the train, or traction with traction feature the driver (engineer) that is harmonised complementary certificate, if it has been notified of the rail infrastructure.
(7) harmonised complementary certificate Publisher has the following responsibilities: 1) sort the harmonised complementary certificates register or provide it. The procedures and the extent to which the harmonised complementary certificate is kept in the register shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers;
2) cooperate with the national railway technical inspection, to ensure access to information on traction driving rights and sharing of this information.
(8) the cabinet shall determine the traction, the driver (engineer) qualification, traction driving rights acquisition and renewal conditions and procedures, as well as traction driving licence and the harmonised complementary certificate issuance, suspension, cancellation and renewal of the terms and arrangements.
(9) the decision on the traction, the driver (engineer) of certificate issuance, suspension, cancellation or renewal of the opposition or appeal shall not suspend its activity. "
5. Replace article 40 1.1 paragraph, first sentence, the words "suffered moderate bodily harm at least five people with the words" and the number "bodily injury suffered at least five people, which this accident hospitalized for longer than 24 hours".
6. To supplement the transitional rules to the 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32 as follows: "27. Up to the date of entry into force of this law, in the second paragraph of article 35.1 said rules governing the security of issue of the licence, suspension and cancellation criteria and procedures, but no longer than up to 2010 December 1, are applicable to the Cabinet on 23 august 2005, the provisions of no. 616" the security certificate has been issued cancellation and suspension of the order, in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
Amendment 28 article 37 of this law on its complementarity with the fifth part shall enter into force on 1 November 2011.
29. Article 37.1 of the Act the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth part applicable from 1 November 2011, and up to this time thrust driving rights acquisition, suspension and loss conditions regulated by this law, article 37 of part two.
30. The traction, the driver (engineer) certificates and certificate, which, according to the transitional provisions of paragraph 29 and article 37 of the law on the conditions of the second subparagraph are issued up to 31 October 2011, are valid until their expiry date and declare this law, article 37.1 traction drivers (driver).
31. This law, article 37.1 of the seventh part referred to in paragraph 1, harmonised complementary certificates registry creates up to 31 October 2011.
32. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 September 1, issued by this law, the seventh subparagraph of article 37.1 (1) and eighth in those provisions. "
7. Add to the informative reference to directives of the European Union with 13 and 14 by the following: ' 13) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2007 by Directive 2007/59/EC on the certification of train drivers operating locomotives and trains on the railway system in the community;
14) Commission of 27 November 2009. directive 2009/151/EC of European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/49/EC as regards common security indicators and common methods of accidents for the calculation of losses. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of 13 May 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 1 June 2010 in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia