Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212400
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the maritime administration and the Maritime Safety Act do maritime administration and the Maritime Safety Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2003; 2004, nr. 23, no. 23; 2005; 2006, no 24, no. 14; 2007, 12 no, 3, 15; 2008. no; 2009, no 2; Latvian journal, 2009, nr. 178.) the following amendments: 1. in article 6: make the first part of paragraph 25 the following: "25) monitored to merchants that provide job placement services for ship's muster, meets the 1978 International Convention on standards of training, certification and Watchkeeping for seafarers, with its amendments and International Labour Organization conventions requirements;";
make the first part of paragraph 29 by the following: "29) issued and revoke the special permission (license) the trader providing job placement services for ship manning;";
to supplement the first part of paragraph 30 as follows: "30) issued by emission reduction technology of pilot licence or a decision on refusal to grant such permission the owner or operator of the ship, which the ship flies the flag of Latvia and who want to make emission reduction technology trials, using fuel that does not comply with the requirements laid down in the laws of procedure prevented, controlled and controllable air pollutant emissions from stationary sources of pollution."
adding to the fourth subparagraph, the first sentence after the words "the invalidation or" with the words "and decisions on emission reduction technology trial permit or refusal to issue a permission".
2. Article 24: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) be in the Latvian vessel with a suitable crew, which guarantees security and protection at sea and in port, taking into account, of the SOLAS Convention and the STCW Convention International Labour Organisation Convention.";
make the fifth part of the first and second sentence the following wording: "With job placement services for ship manning permitted to engage merchants who received the Latvian maritime administration special permission (license). This requirement does not apply to Vessels on the register of the owners of the ship equipment working on the person's own existing non-SOLAS vessels. ";
turn off the 5.1;
express the sixth and seventh subparagraph as follows: "(6) the cabinet shall determine their business rights, duties and responsibilities of providing job placement services for ship's manning.
(7) job placement services For ship manning of the sailor is not requested and received remuneration. "
3. in article 26: to express the fifth and sixth the following: "(5) sailing yacht Manager training and certification legislation on the recognition of sports federations recognised by the order of sailing Sports Federation.
(6) the rest of the ship, motor yachts, boats and motor boats, with a length from 2.5 to 24 meters-driver training for shipping outside the waters of Latvia take the law prescribed licensed training center. At the end of this training the rest of vessels, the international driving licence which entitles him to drive a recreational vessels in the waters of Latvia and outside them, shall issue regulations on recognition of sports federations recognised by the order of sailing Sports Federation. "
to supplement the article with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the cabinet shall determine the fifth and sixth ships referred to in the rest of drivers training, certification, and registration procedures."
4. Make the text of article 49 as follows: "the sea accident is an accident, which comply with the International Maritime Organization's marine accident and incident investigation specified in the code."
5. Replace article 53 in the first paragraph, the words "the Cabinet approved the national preparedness plan for oil pollution incidents at sea" with the words "the Cabinet approved the national preparedness plan for oil, dangerous or noxious substances pollution incidents at sea".
6. transitional provisions: make 20 and 21 by the following: "20. This law, article 5, paragraph 9, amended 6 the exclusion of the first paragraph of article 25 and 29, in article 24, the fifth, sixth and seventh subparagraph shall enter into force on 30 December 2010.
21. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December 30 issue article 24 of this law the fifth and sixth provisions in part. Until the entry into force of the provisions applicable to the Cabinet of Ministers of 18 December 2007 the Regulation No 874 "rules on work placements of persons on ships", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. ";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 22 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers to 22, 2011 March issue 1 article 26 of this law in the seventh part of the provisions laid down."
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 June 29
Search Translated Laws of Latvia