Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212398
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law "on amendments to the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga" make law "of the school of Economics in Riga (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, no. 23) follows: 1. Article 1 shall be supplemented by the words" RIG "with the words" (hereinafter referred to as graduate school).
2. in article 2: Supplement to the second part of the article as follows: "(2) the members of the University is the University of Latvia and the appropriate laws of functioning in Sweden Stockholm School of Economics: the authority of the Government of Sweden. ';
believe the current text of article about the first part.
3. Article 3: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) a University is the limited liability company" STOCKHOLM SCHOOL OF economics IN Riga ".";
to turn off the second sentence of the second paragraph.
4. in article 5: to complement the second paragraph after the words "the law" with the words "University Act";
to turn off the second paragraph, the words "intergovernmental agreement".
5. To exclude article 6.
6. Turn off the article 11.
7. Chapter III of turn.
8. Turn 17 and article 18.
9. Article 19: turn off the first sentence of the first subparagraph;
Add to the first part of the third sentence, the words "and to learn business terminology course in the language of the country concerned";
to supplement the first sentence with the following: "University Bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree required jobs can develop and defend and professional qualification exams to sort English.";
to turn off the second part.
10. off 20, 21, 22, 23, and article 24.
11. To make article 25 the following: "article 25. Representation and management of the school are: 1) the Management Board;
2) Constituent Assembly;
4) the Rector. "
12. in article 26: replace the first paragraph, the words "the procedure and operation" by the words "the procedure, competence and action";
to turn off the second part;
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the Board shall have jurisdiction to decide: 1) conceptual University activities and development issues;
2) determine the organizational and governance of the University body;
3) to propose for the post of Rector of the nomination meeting and the constitutional election the Rector;
4) propose the emergency convening of the constituent Assembly;
5) in cooperation with the Senate to decide on academic and scientific activities;
6) decide on the establishment of the departments of the University, the reorganization or liquidation;
7) to determine the remuneration of University staff;
8) perform other duties assigned to it. "
13. To supplement the law with 26.1 article 26.1: "this article. Before the University or its constitutional amendment of the constituent Assembly of the University under the University Constitution or its amendments to the founding of the University. "
14. Article 27 of the expression as follows: "article 27. (1) the Rector of the School Board's suggestion after the constituent Assembly be elected for a term of five years for no more than two times in a row.
(2) the constitutional meeting elected Rector of the Cabinet of Ministers approved the University law.
(3) the Rector may cancel the constitutional meeting. The Rector's cancellation of the constitutional meeting may propose the Senate, Advisor to the Convention, if the University is created, or the Management Board. Rector of the posts abolished Cabinet University in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law. "
15. off 28, 29 and 30 thereof.
16. off chapter VI.
17. Article 33: replace the first part of the word "law" with the words "laws";
to complement the second paragraph after the words "property" with the words and figure "(building with cadastral no 01005190010)";
Add to the second part of the name "Archer Street 4a" with the words "(hereinafter referred to as the national real estate)";
to turn off the second sentence of the second subparagraph;
turn off third.
18. To supplement the law with article 33.1 of the following: ' article 20.6. (1) the National Ministry of education and science in the universities belonging to the person (with 49 percent of the share capital) shall pass free of charge in the property of the University of Latvia, University of Latvia, if acted on that property.
(2) the transfer of the first part of the country referred to in the capital property of the University of Latvia, do not apply the law "on State and local government owned capital shares and enterprises ' rules on the disposal of assets.
(3) University of Latvia Law creates a foundation whose aim is to support the education and research work and take responsibility for the operation and development of the University.
(4) this law, article 2, second paragraph, the University set members have the right to put the school own the shares referred to in the third subparagraph, the Foundation for making the amendments to school registration documents according to the normative requirements.
(5) the proportion of Latvian University campuses (with 49 percent of the share capital) shall pass free of charge referred to in the third subparagraph, the foundation if the Foundation takes on Latvian University-owned shares in his property.
(6) if the University of Latvia does not make this article, third and fifth steps referred to in the statutory deadlines, the property of the University of Latvia in the first paragraph of this article national capital (49 percent of the share capital) shall be returned to the State Ministry of education and science of the person. "
19. Make 34. and article 35 the following: ' article 34. The University's share capital invested in real estate in the country can not be transferred, pledged or otherwise encumbered with rights in rem.
35. article. If the School is closed, the capital invested in the country's real estate transferred to the University of Latvia. If the University of Latvia that real estate is not used in its Constitution a specific educational and scientific functions, it does not hold back in the country. "
20. off 36, 37, 38 and 39 of the.
21. To supplement the law with the transitional provisions for the following: "1. the transitional provisions up to 30 august 2010 for University registration documents to be submitted to the commercial register and this law article 2, the provisions of the second subparagraph as amended, as well as the amendment of the school as a non-profit limited liability company into a company with limited liability.
2. Article 2 of this law the second part has effect from the date of the State Ministry of education and science in the person himself owned parts in accordance with the procedure laid down in this Act transferred to the University of Latvia.
3. By 2010 to July 31, the Ministry of education and science of the University of the State-owned shares transfer without consideration of the property of the University of Latvia with the transfer and adoption of legislation.
4. Article 25 of this law, 2, 3, and 4. the authorities referred to in paragraph University creates up to 30 November 2010.
5. the Constitution of the University is to be submitted for approval to the Cabinet of Ministers of 28 February 2011.
6. Within three months after the approval of the University College, the constitutional line they issued regulations (regulations, rules, regulations, etc.) according to the University's Charter.
7. This law, the third paragraph of article 33.1 of that Foundation University of Latvia creates no later than 15 august 2010. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 June 29
Search Translated Laws of Latvia