Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212494
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the protection of species and habitats in the law to make the protection of species and habitats (law of the Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, no. 9; 2005, 20. No; 2006, nr. 24; 2009, nr. 12, 14; Latvian journal, 2009, 194. No.) the following amendments: 1. A supplement to chapter I, article 3.1, the following: "article 3.1. The meaning of the European Union habitats and species (1) natural habitat types is important in the European Union if it meets at least one of the following characteristics: 1) to the danger of their natural range;
2) for their have a small natural range following their distribution or by reason of a large area;
3) Habitat excellent characteristics of one or more bio-geographical regions: Alpine, Atlantic, Black Sea, boreal, continental, Macaronesian, Mediterranean, Pannonian steppe or region.
(2) the priority natural habitat types means natural habitat types, which are threatened with extinction and for which the conservation of the European Union has particular responsibility in view of this Habitat natural range ratio in the European Union.
(3) species are important in the European Union if they meet at least one of the following characteristics: 1) they are endangered (excluding species whose natural range is marginal in that territory and that of the cut-off are not endangered or vulnerable in the Western Palearctic region);
2) they are sensitive species, which soon could become endangered if threatening factors will continue to impact;
3) they are rare species with small populations, which are not endangered or vulnerable, but can they become. This species can be found in limited geographical areas or small numbers are spread in a wider area;
4) they are endemic species, requiring particular attention is the Habitat characteristics of the potential impact on the Habitat or habitat protection.
(4) priority species is a species that the conservation of the European Union has a special responsibility, in the light of the natural range of the species ratio in the European Union.
(5) the European Union an important natural habitat and species protection in Latvia under the nature protection legislation. "
2. in article 4: exclude point 14;
Add to 17 after the words "monitoring procedures" with the words "expert opinion and it contains minimum requirements".
3. Put the following text of article 6.1: Habitat and species protection, certified expert opinion is required to create a mikroliegum, as well as the cases provided for by law on specially protected natural territories conservation plan and other legislation. Species and habitat protection expert certified according to his experience and professional knowledge about a particular species, group of species or Habitat group. "
4. To make article 14 the following: ' article 14. Particularly protected species of individuals in terms of the acquisition or jamming (1) specially protected species, individuals authorized to acquire or to interfere with the exceptional case where the alternative is unacceptable and it does not harm the population favourable protection in their natural range, the following purposes: 1) of wild fauna and flora and Habitat Conservation;
2) to prevent serious injury in particular crops, livestock, forests, fisheries and water and other types of property;
3) in order to ensure the protection of public health, security or other vital interests, including those of a social or economic nature, the environment and the interests of the beneficial consequences of primary importance for the change;
4) for the purpose of research and education, particularly protected species of repopulating and re-introducing the species concerned as well as the necessary to attain this objective reproduction, including the artificial propagation of plants;
5) individual individuals specially protected species for acquisition or possession of strictly controlled conditions, random and limited extent under nature conservation regulatory limits set.
(2) bird species individuals allowed to obtain or interfere with excepted if not acceptable alternatives, and it does not harm the population favourable to the protection of these purposes: 1) in the interests of public health and safety;
2) in the interest of safety;
3) in order to prevent serious damage to crops, livestock, forests, fisheries and water;
4) to protect the fauna and flora;
5) for research and training, making the repopulation, reintroduction of species and reproduction required for this purpose;
6) a separate capture, keeping or other judicious exploitation under strictly supervised conditions and on a selective basis.
(3) any person, including a State or municipal authority, requesting the application of the exception in the first and in the cases referred to in the second subparagraph, the nature protection Board submitted information indicating: 1) species covered by the derogation, the reasons for this derogation, including the nature of the risk, assess alternatives and scientific data used;
2) means, devices, methods or activities that planned to kill or capture individuals, as well as the reasons for their use and limitations;
3) the circumstances of when and where applicable exception, as well as other exceptional conditions of application.
(4) Environmental Protection Department, consider the first and the exception referred to in the second subparagraph, the application shall decide on: 1) in the application of the relevant species;
2) means, methods, devices or methods that have allowed individuals to capture or killing;
3) time and place of the circumstances in which exceptions apply, as well as other exceptional conditions of application;
4) the necessary monitoring measures.
(5) the nature protection board collects information about the exception, as well as to monitor compliance with the conditions in any exceptional case.
(6) the Ministry of the environment every two years for the first paragraph of this article and the cases each year, with reference to the second part of this article in cases referred to collect information on the exceptions and ensure appropriate reporting to the European Commission under European Union law. "
5. Turn off the 14.1 article.
6. transitional provisions be supplemented with paragraph 9 by the following: "9. Species and habitat protection, certified expert opinion is required if the specially protected natural areas conservation plan launched after September 1, 2010."
7. Make the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions resulting from: 1) the European Council of 21 May 1992 Directive 92/43/EEC on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora;
2) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 November 2009. the 2009/147/EC the directive on the conservation of wild birds;
3) of the Council of Europe on 20 November 2006, Directive 2006/105/EC adapting Directives 73/239/EEC, 74/557/EEC and 2002/83/EC in the field of environment, by reason of the accession of Bulgaria and Romania. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 10 June 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2010 g. at 30 June
Search Translated Laws of Latvia