Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212861
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on local governments" to make the law "on local governments" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 11; 1995, no. 14; 1996; 1997, no. 13, 5., 23., 24. no; 1998, 6, 15, 22, no 2, 2000, No 14; 2001; 2002, 3 No No 14; 2003; 2005, 14 no, no 6; 2008, no. 16; 2009 2, No 14; Latvian journal, 2009, no. 196) the following amendments: 1. Turn off 21 of the first paragraph of article 18.
2. Replace article 24, third subparagraph, second sentence, the word "authorities" with the words "as well as the Administration publish municipal website on the internet".
3. Express article 26, third paragraph by the following: ' the Council decision and the Council minutes of meetings available to the public. The Council's decision shall be published in the internet homepage of the municipality not later than the third working day following the day of signature. Availability of decisions and minutes of meetings of the Council shall ensure, subject to the regulations set limits of availability. "
4. Replace article 27, third paragraph, the words "where possible, be published in the local newspaper" with the words "published" on the Web site of the municipality.
5. Replace article 30, the words "not later than three days" with the words "no later than three working days".
6. Replace article 37 in the fourth paragraph, the words "fifth day" with the words "the fifth working day".
7. Express article 43 first paragraph of paragraph 11 as follows: ' 11) on the Republican town or district municipal utilities and transportation infrastructure protection; ".
8. To supplement the law with article 43.1 of the following: ' article 43.1. Developing binding provisions, accompanied by an explanatory memorandum, which provides a brief outline of the content of the project, project justification, the need for information about the planned project's impact on local government, the business community in the territory of the municipality, the administrative procedures and consultations with individuals.
Developing binding provisions on municipal taxes, the explanatory memorandum does not include information on the expected impact of the project on the municipal budget.
Explanatory memorandum does not add the binding rules for the project on local government approval, as well as the binding rules for the project, which is approved for local government planning.
Bind draft regulation and the accompanying explanatory memorandum, a municipal Charter in accordance with the procedure laid down in this law, but not later than the time limits laid down in article 30 of this law, except in the case provided for in article 31, shall be published in the internet home page of the municipality, as well as ensuring the availability of local Government Council building and parish or town administrations. "
9. Article 45: to complement the second paragraph after the words "binding rules" the dome with the words "and the explanatory memorandum;
make the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth by the following: "District Council binding rules and explanatory article published in a local newspaper or the free edition. The City Council of the Republic, applicable rules and explanatory article published in the newspaper "journal".
Regulations shall enter into force the day after their publication in a newspaper or the free edition if they are not determined by the time of entry into force.
Local binding rules after its entry into force shall be published in the internet home page of the local government. District Council binding rules also provide access to District Council building and parish or city administrations.
Regional development and the Ministry of local government authorities in binding rules shall be published on the internet website of the Ministry. "
10. Replace article 46, first paragraph, second sentence, the word "authorities" with the words "administrations, and they shall be published in the internet home page of the municipality".
11. Replace article 48, first paragraph, the words "five days" with the words "five working days".
12. Article 49: to make the third part of the first sentence as follows: "If the Council does not take a decision on the binding rule or other regulatory instrument or the abolition of certain points, within three months after regional and Municipal Affairs Minister's receipt of the order must be submitted to the Constitutional Court the application for annulment of the order of the Minister."
to supplement the article with the new fourth subparagraph by the following: "the Council is not entitled to submit to the Constitutional Court the application for regional development and local Government of the cancellation of the order of the Minister if it two months of regional development and local government Ministry, the date of receipt of the opinion of the infringed article 45 of this law in the fourth paragraph the obligation to take a decision, giving the reasons why the Council did not agree with the regional development and local government Ministry's opinion specified.";
believe the current article's fourth on the fifth.
13. Express article 61.2 fourth and fifth by the following: "the municipality is obliged to collect views and publish information message (summary) on the consultation results, the Municipal Council website on the internet and in the local newspaper or the free edition.
The municipality is obliged to publish the Council's decision, using the results of the public consultation, the Municipal Council website on the internet and in the local newspaper or the free edition. "
14. Replace article 63, third paragraph, the word "salary" with the word "wages".
15. in article 78: Add to the first part of the text by the following: "subject to the planning (planned) allowed the use of the territory, legislation, development planning documents and other documents justifying the need for real estate in the local implementation of the function";
replace the fourth subparagraph, the word "order" with the words "modalities and deadlines".
16. Replace article 93 in the fourth paragraph, the words "base salary" with the word "wages".
17. transitional provisions: replace 22. in the second sentence of paragraph numbers and the words "December 1 2009." with numbers and words, "December 1, 2011";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 26.1 points by the following: "If the country does not think 26.1 revoked or declared unenforceable in the County comprising the former local authority (County, town) binding rules adopted, except for binding rules for planning matters, these regulations shall expire at the 2010 October 1st.";
transitional provisions be supplemented with 31 as follows:
"31. Municipal regulations issued in accordance with article 43 of this law in the first part of paragraph 11 of the versions and which was in force until 1 October 2010 will remain in force after 1 October 2010, if the law is not meant to be different."
The law shall enter into force on 1 October 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on July 7
Search Translated Laws of Latvia