Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/215300
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: pharmaceutical law do pharmacy Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, nr. 10; 1998, nr. 9; 1999, no. 2; 2000, no. 2, 13, 14; 2001; 2003, no. 9., 11; 2004, nr. 10; 2006, 2. No.. No; 2007; 2008 21 no, 12, no. 24; 2009, no. 8; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. No.) the following amendments: 1. Make the text of article 36 as follows: "(1) Pharmacy pharmacist practice creates, koppraks (civil law company) or a corporation. For pharmaceutical care in the conduct of the municipality or other person who is not a pharmacist, the pharmacy in contract of employment concluded with a certified pharmacist. Closed pharmacies can open the hospital's medical establishment or a day hospital.
(2) pharmacy in the form of a capital company shall act, if complied with at least one of the following conditions: 1) not less than 50 percent of the Corporation's shares (shares) belongs to the pharmacist;
2) not less than half of the Corporation's Management Board (Executive Body) the members are certified pharmacists.
(3) pharmacies can create a pharmacist Assistant who registered as a sole proprietor or a corporation formed under the condition that the municipality, County or district in the County of the city, where pharmacies established population does not exceed 4000 and a five kilometre radius is not another drugstore or pharmacy branch. The following case is not subject to the provisions of the first paragraph of the conclusion of a contract with a certified pharmacist. Pharmacist Assistant pharmacy established in the form of a capital company shall act, if not less than 50 percent of the Corporation's shares (shares) owned by a pharmacist Assistant. The operation of the pharmacy shall issue a special permit (license) for a period of five years. A special permission (licence) may be issued. Special permissions (licenses) while operating a pharmacist Assistant pharmacy owned not be taken into account as a criterion for assigning the disposition, special permission (license) the pharmacist-pharmacy-opening (operation).
(4) a pharmacy may open branches. The General type of the pharmacy branch must be opened in the County, district or municipality in the County of the city, with a population of not more than 4000 and a five kilometre radius is not another drugstore or pharmacy branch. The name of the branch of pharmacy that appearing on the affiliate opened. "
2. Supplement article 38 with 1.1 part as follows: "(11) District, district in the city or district in the parish of which does not exceed 4000 inhabitants and a five kilometre radius is not another pharmacist or pharmacy pharmacy led branches, pharmacies may drive and its work is responsible pharmacist's Assistant who has at least five years of continuous pharmacist Assistant work experience in the pharmacy. If the municipality, County or district in the County of the city, where the population does not exceed 4000, is created by a pharmacist or pharmacy pharmacy managed branch, assistant pharmacists the right to manage the Pharmacy and the obligation to answer for the job until the special permissions (licenses) expire. "
3. Replace article 42, the words "and the rural area, with 5" with the words "municipality, and the county town of the county or district where the population does not exceed 4000 and five".
4. transitional provisions: turn off paragraph 14;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 14.1 points as follows: "pharmacies that received 14.1 license pharmacies opening (action), which expires by 2010, December 31, and which does not comply with article 36 of this law requirements, are eligible to receive license extensions until 31 December 2011.";
transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 24: "24. Article 36 of this law the new final, article 38 and Amendment 1 article 42 regarding the name and number of" rural area, where the substitution of the words "5 and" district, district in the city or district in the parish of which does not exceed 4000 inhabitants and five "shall enter into force on January 1, 2011."
5. Express provisions on the entry into force of the law as follows: "the law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation."
The Saeima adopted the law on august 9, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 august 19
Search Translated Laws of Latvia