Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/218940
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on police" make law "on police" (Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1991, 31/32.nr.; 1992, 37./38.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, no. 13, 23; in 1995, 2., no. 24; 1996, no. 13; in 1997, 2., 8., no. 23; in 1999, 12, no. 23; 2000, No 14; 2001, No 21; in 2002, 2., 4., 16., no. 22; 2003, 2., 8., no. 14; 2004, no. 13; in 2005, 2., no., 10., 22; 2006, nr. 14, 20; 2008, No 14; 2009, no. 3) the following amendments: 1. Complement 2.1 the second subparagraph following the words "employment law" with the words "in so far as this law provides otherwise".
2. in article 12, first paragraph: Add to part with 14.2 and 14.3 paragraph by the following: "142) of the National DNA database creation and use of regulatory laws in order to obtain biological material;
143) with the permission of the interviewees view publicly available and not in the existing items; ";
Add to part with 33 as follows: "33) to check that the person released from prison authorities, or at the specified place of residence declared."
3. To supplement the law with the chapter III1 by the following: "chapter III1 police resorisk examination 14.1 article. Police resorisk the conditions for verification of the police resorisk examination may be initiated in order to: 1) verify compliance with legal rules, which control and monitoring the performance of the police asked;
2 in the cases specified by the law) make people search;
3) see the human personality, who was unable to provide information about themselves, or to identify unrecognized human body.
Police resorisk examination carried out under the competence of the police officer in accordance with article 12 of this law or other laws police rights. Resorisk checks the process police employee is not entitled to carry out the activities to be carried out only in the criminal or administrative offence proceedings.
Police resorisk examination undertaken in accordance with the first subparagraph of paragraph 1, the complete month or sooner, if criminal proceedings are instituted or administrative violation records.
If objective reasons in the third paragraph of this article, the time limit cannot be met, the Police Department Chief it can be extended for a period not exceeding four months. If the resorisk check on the basis of the application started, for extension shall notify the applicant.
Police resorisk examination undertaken in accordance with the first subparagraph of paragraph 2 or 3, complete, if achieved the purpose of this check, or lost its launch.
Police resorisk examination materials related to personal search, the human personality, who was unable to provide information about themselves, or with a recognized human corpse identification, keep the search in one place.
Article 14.2. Institutional cooperation and information exchanges with the Interior of the integrated information system, if you need to find out, the person or the document's location, the human personality, who was unable to provide information about themselves, or to identify unrecognized people's body, the police officer who conducted the examination of police resorisk, can decide on the message into the integrated information system of the Interior in person, or where the document is to establish the person's identity or to establish who are not able to provide information about themselves, or unrecognized human corpse identification.
If you lost the need or reason to find out the person, or the location of the document or the human personality, who was unable to provide information about themselves, or to identify unrecognized people's body, the police officer who conducted the examination of police resorisk, decide on the deletion of messages from the integrated information system of the Interior.
The integrated system of information for the Interior to be included in the message volume, their inclusion in the framework and objectives, inclusion, use and deletion procedures, institutions to which you want to grant access in the system, as well as action, finding the person, property or documents or figuring out the human personality, who was unable to provide information about themselves, or identifying unrecognized human body, if the relevant information is included in the information system shall be established by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
4. Article 21 shall be expressed by the following: ' article 21. Requirements for municipal police employee for municipal police officers can be a person who meets the following requirements: 1) is a Latvian citizen of legal age;
2) is not penalized for intentional criminal offence, irrespective of the delete or remove a criminal record;
3) is convicted of an intentional criminal offence, freeing from punishment;
4) is called a criminally liable for intentional criminal offence, except when the person is called to criminal liability, but the criminal proceedings against them terminated on a reabilitējoš basis;
5) has gained at least upper secondary education.
The local police chief and his Deputy may recruit persons who comply with the first paragraph of this article 1, 2, 3, and 4. the requirements laid down in points and has obtained higher education.
Local police chief and his deputy shall, if the Minister for written consent. "
5. the transitional provisions: replace the words "transitional provisions" with the words "transitional provisions";
believe the current text of the transitional provisions of paragraph 1;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the following paragraph: "2. the municipal police employee who recruited up to November 1, 2010, and does not meet this law, article 21, paragraph 1, first subparagraph of the said requirements may hold the municipal police employee's Office until March 1, 2011. If the employee submits an application for naturalization under the laws and regulations governing the admission of Latvia's citizenship, he may hold the Office of the municipal police officers to the naturalization application.
3. the municipal police employee who recruited up to November 1, 2010, and does not meet this law article 21, first paragraph, 2, 3, and 4. the requirements referred to in paragraph 1, the municipal police may hold the employee's Office until March 1, 2011.
4. the municipal police employee who recruited up to November 1, 2010, and does not meet this law, article 21, paragraph 5, first subparagraph, or referred to in the second paragraph the requirements of education, municipal police may hold the employee's Office until September 1, 2011. If that employee initiated studies (training) accredited educational institution and submit to the municipal education authorities issued a certificate of study (teaching) (continuation), he may hold the municipal police employee's post until the required education or studies (teaching) termination.
5. after the transition provisions 2, 3 and 4 of the period referred to in paragraph municipal police employee who does not comply with article 21 of this law in the first or second part of the above requirements, with the launch of the contract due to non-compliance with municipal police employee.
6. This law, article 21, paragraph 5, first subparagraph, or referred to in the second subparagraph shall not apply to the educational requirements of the municipal police employee who recruited up to November 1, 2010, if him the award of old-age pension age fixed in the remaining six years or less than six years.
The law shall enter into force on 1 November 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2010 on September 16.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Much 2010 in Riga on October 5.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia