Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220976
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on Earth" make law "depths of the Earth" (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1996, no. 13; 1999; 2000, no. 6, no. 18; 2005; 2006, 2. No, No 22, nr. 14, 2009; Latvian journal 2010, nr. 106.) the following amendments: 1. Express article 8 as follows: "(1) the Earth's depths are used: 1) the land owner or legal possessor;
2) land owner's authorized person;
3) person who with land owner or authorised persons, concluded the contract, with the use of the subsoils. This contract is a prerequisite for the use of the subsoils license or common mineral mining permissions. If the Cabinet where the use of the subsoils licence is issued for the use of the subsoils throughout the territory of the Republic of Latvia, the agreement with the land owner or authorized person shall be concluded before the commencement of the use of the subsoils;
4) inland public waters — the person using the subsoils issued a license or authorization of use of natural resources;
5) of the Republic of Latvia to the internal maritime waters, territorial sea and exclusive economic zone in the Cabinet's license — plots a person use the subsoils issued a license or authorization of use of natural resources.
(2) the cabinet shall determine: 1) use the subsoils procedures in public waters;
2 use the subsoils) procedures of the Republic of Latvia in the territorial sea and exclusive economic zone. "
2. in article 10: Supplement to part with text following 2.2: "If the use of the subsoils license required by the structure during construction, installation or operation of the sea related to prospecting, the contest does not hold and that licences shall be issued by one of the following persons: 1) to the person under the protection of the marine environment and the management regulations or is authorised to license the license area for use in the sea structures for construction, installation , including related research and operations;
2) a person who has entered into a written contract for the geological research with this part, the person referred to in paragraph 1. ';
make part of the fourteenth as follows: "(14) user subsoils cabinet order and pay an annual amount of duty applicable in the State for the right to use public land subsoil waters, the territorial sea of the Republic of Latvia and in the exclusive economic zone, excluding hydrocarbons, exploration and extraction, as well as the geological survey that is linked to the structure of the construction, installation and operation of sea and held under the protection of the marine environment and management laws and regulations."
3. transitional provisions: turn off paragraph 16, the words "and the third";
transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 21: ' 21. Amended article 10 of this law in part 2.2 shall enter into force simultaneously with the maritime environmental protection and management law. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted Act 2010 on October 21.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 10.2010 November
Search Translated Laws of Latvia