Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/221392
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on police" make law "on police" (Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1991, 31/32.nr.; 1992, 37./38.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, no. 13, 23; in 1995, 2., no. 24; 1996, no. 13; in 1997, 2., 8., no. 23; in 1999, 12, no. 23; 2000, No 14; 2001, No 21; in 2002, 2., 4., 16., no. 22; 2003, 2., 8., no. 14; 2004, no. 13; in 2005, 2., no., 10., 22; 2006, nr. 14, 20; 2008, No 14; 2009, no. 3; Latvian journal 2010, nr. 157.) the following amendments: 1. To supplement the law with article 2.2 as follows: "article 2.2. Port police officer of the port police officer is a person who occupies a port authority established police posts and to fulfil the obligations laid down in this law, the relevant port area.
Port police employees working legal relations governed by the labour law, in so far as this law provides otherwise. "
2. Express article 15 the following: ' article 15. Police and police departments consists of the national police, security police, municipal police and the port police.
National police and security police, each within their competence, exercise his duties throughout the territory of the Republic of Latvia, the municipal police, the respective administrative territory, but the port police, law established the limits of the port.
State police and the security police is under the supervision of the Minister for the Interior of the existing institutions.
Municipal police are included in the respective municipalities, port police, port authority concerned, but the work organisation on matters of municipal police and the port police are cooperating with the national police. "
3. Article 19: turn off the second part of paragraph 2;
Add to sixth after the number "with" the number "14.3 14.1" and after the number "28", with the number "31".
4. To supplement the law with article 19.1 the following: ' article 19.1. Port police port authority as a public law legal person may create a port police.
Port police responsibilities include: 1) delinquency prevention in the port area;
2) guarding and pass arrangements providing the port;
3) for administrative offences committed in the territory of the port guard detainees;
4 the authorities issued port) and compliance with the provisions of public order control, for which the administrative responsibility for infringement of the Administrative Affairs of the infringement started, review and follow-up of the decisions taken;
5) State police and security support to the police of public security and crime fighting.
If the port police comes news that is being prepared or has committed the offence, which is not within its competence, examination of the port police take the necessary measures for the prevention of juvenile delinquency, to hold the offending scene for safekeeping and shall forthwith notify the competent national regulatory authority (Officer), as well as supply it with the offender and documents for him. In these cases, government officials are bound by the instructions of the port police officers.
The number of the port police officers determined the relevant port authority. Port police may be the boss, his Deputy, Senior Inspector, inspectors and inspectors, as well as the latest senior kārtībniek, kārtībniek and the latest kārtībniek. Port police officers of their duties to the Minister of the Interior approved a common pattern uniform.
Port police officers have their competence in accordance with this law, article 12, first paragraph, 1-6, 8, 9, 14.1, 15, 17, 20, 21 and 32, as set out in the article 13 of this law in order to use physical force, special means, special vehicles, use service dogs and horses and put on hold-person temporary holding places.
The special features that are entitled to use the port police officers, as well as special products in the order determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. Port police officers have the right article 14 of this law, in accordance with the procedure laid down in and apply in the situations provided for guns. "
5. Add to chapter IV of the Act with article 21.1 as follows: "article 21.1. Requirements of port police officers for police officers of the port can be a person who meets the following requirements: 1) is a Latvian citizen of legal age;
2) is not penalized for intentional criminal offence, irrespective of the delete or remove a criminal record;
3) is convicted of an intentional criminal offence, freeing from punishment;
4) is called a criminally liable for intentional criminal offence, except when the person is called to criminal liability, but the criminal proceedings against them terminated on a reabilitējoš basis;
5) has gained at least upper secondary education.
The police chief and his Deputy may recruit persons who comply with the first paragraph of this article 1.-4. the requirements laid down in paragraph 1 and which has obtained the higher education.
Port police chief and his deputy shall, after receiving a written consent of the Minister for the Interior. "
6. Express article 37 as follows: "article 37. Municipal police and the port police and the financing of the logistics of the municipal police is financed and its logistics are handled from the municipal funds.
Port police is funded from the port authority. "
The law in the Parliament adopted the 2010 October 28.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga of the 2010 November 17.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia