Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/223565
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on judicial power" to make the law "on judicial power" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, no 1; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 1, 13; in 1995, 10, 22 No.; 1996, nr. 3, 13; 1997, 5, no. 21; in 1998, nr. 22, 23; 1999, no. 23; 2001, 24 no; 2002, no. 23; 2003, no. 14; 2004, no. 2; 2005, 8, 20 no; in 2006, 7, 24 no; 2007, nr. 24; 2008, 10, 24 no; 2009, 2., no. 12, 14; Latvian journal, 2009, no. 199; 2010, no. 99) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the second and third article 33.2.
2. Turn off the second and third article 41.1.
3. To supplement the law with Chapter 6.1 as follows: 6.1 "Department. Justice system support 50.2 article. The financing of the justice system (1) judicial system is financed from the State budget.
(2) providing for adequate State funding for the law on the State budget for the current year, guarantees the independence of judges and the effective legal protection of persons competent and independent court.
(3) the land registry office, district (City) courts and regional courts in the budget request projects prepare and submit to the administration of Justice to the Ministry of Justice. The Justice Department's budget request summary shall be submitted to the Council of Justice point of view. The Ministry of Justice after the Justice Council of receipt of the opinion of the Department, the land registry district (City) courts and regional courts budget requests, adding the Council of Justice, submitted to the Ministry of finance.
(4) the Supreme Court budget request submitted to the Supreme Court of Justice the Council's perspective. The Supreme Court's budget request, adding the Council of Justice, the Supreme Court shall submit to the Ministry of finance.
(5) Council of justice the different views on the budget request submitted does not suspend its submission to the Ministry of finance.
50.3 article. The National Court facilities provides the Court with adequate logistic support to carry out the functions of the Court. "
4. To supplement the law with the chapter 9.1 the following: "Chapter 9.1. Judges ' remuneration and retirement pension article 66.1. Remuneration remuneration of judges the judges shall be fixed in accordance with State and local officials and employees of the institutions compensation law.
Article 66.2. Judges ' retirement pensions retirement pension of the judges of the award, as well as the basic retirement pension, calculation and award of costs order is determined by the special law. "
5. Turn 80.
6. turn off the fourth subparagraph of article 86.1.
7. in article: 89.11 supplement article 9.1 part as follows: "(91) the Judicial Council shall determine any additional remuneration for judges according to national and local government bodies and officials of employee rewards to the law.";
turn off the tenth part of the word "this".
8. Turn off the article 98 of the eighth.
9. in article 98.3: turn off the title, the words "and consideration for the replacement of a judge";
to turn off the second part.
10. Turn off V.
11. transitional provisions: off 1., 2., 3., 4., 5., 7., 17., 20 and 24;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 38 as follows: "38. Judges shall be paid one-time compensation. It is calculated as the monthly base salary that would have been payable to the judge under the law "on judicial power" point 20 of the transitional provisions in the third sentence, which would be in force January 1, 2011, and State and local officials and employees of the institutions of the law the judge set out in article 6.1 salary difference NET. Compensation shall be exempt from taxes. "
The law adopted by the Parliament in December 16, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga of 2010 December 30.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia