The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of information society services in the information society Services Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, nr. 23; 2005, no. 24; 2009, no. 14) follows: 1. Article 1: Supplement to the second part of the article as follows: "(2) the terms used in the law," Subscriber "," user "and" Terminal "comply with the electronic communications law used terms.";
believe the current text of the first part of the article.
2. the title of chapter II be expressed by the following: "chapter II. Provision of information and storage ".
3. in article 4: the name of the article be expressed by the following: "article 4. General information ";
make the first part of the introductory paragraph as follows: "(1) the service provider must clearly, directly and permanently accessible way provide the following information:";
to turn off the second paragraph, the words "by offering services of the information society".
4. in article 6: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) If the recipient of the service places his order, the service provider confirms its acceptance by electronic means.";
Add to article 1.1 part as follows: "(11) the receipt of the order and shall be deemed received when the parties to whom they are addressed, you can then access them. ';
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the first and second parts of the provisions do not apply to orders made exclusively by electronic mail or equivalent individual means of communication."
5. Supplement to chapter II 7.1 article as follows: "article 7.1. The storing of information in the terminal equipment (1) the storing of information in the terminal equipment of the Subscriber or user or access the information stored in the terminal equipment acquisition is allowed if the Subscriber or user concerned has given his consent after having received clear and comprehensive information about the aforementioned processing purposes in accordance with the individual in the data protection act.
(2) of this article, the consent referred to in the first subparagraph is not required if the storing of information in the terminal equipment or access information stored in the terminal equipment of the acquisition requires information for the provision of electronic communications networks or the intermediary service provider to give Subscriber or user requested service. "
6. Add to the informative reference to European Union directive to point 4 as follows: "4) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009. directive 2009/136/EC amending Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users ' rights relating to electronic communications networks and services, Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of 19 May 2011.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President s. Āboltiņ in Riga, June 7, 2011 in