Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/231629
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on amendments to the packaging to make packaging Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, no. 3; 2005, no. 11; Latvian journal 2010, nr. 205.) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 1: express points 3 and 4 by the following: "3) Packer-goods manufacturer, service provider, vendor or distributor who packaged the product or products in Latvia or imported packaged goods or products from other countries in Latvia;
4) packaging: a packaging or packaging material (excluding production residues), covered by the waste management Act, referred to in the definition of waste; ";
turn off paragraph 5;
make point 7 by the following: ' 7) recovery: any waste management article 1 of the law referred to in paragraph 13 of the transaction with the packaging waste; ";
to supplement the article with paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) energy recovery — mean the use of combustible packaging waste as a means to generate energy, burning it (with or without other waste) and generating the heat. "
2. Add to article 2 paragraph 5 with the following: "5) the requirements for packaging, which authorised for the placing on the market of Latvia."
3. Article 3: Add to paragraph 1 after the words "as well as" with the words "in the territory of Latvia";
Add to paragraph 3, after the word "operator" with the words "processing operators".
4. Put article 5 (1) of the following: "1) primary (trade) packaging: the packaging used to create trading units, and which comes to the end user or consumer at the point of sale."
5. Article 13: turn off third;
to supplement the article with the fourth paragraph as follows: "(4) packaging waste (including recycling and recycled) in accordance with the waste management requirements laid down in the law."
6. in article 15: to express the introductory part of the second part as follows: "where the packer of packaging waste volume per calendar year exceeds the amount set by the Cabinet of Ministers, or the package manager:";
Replace paragraph 3 of the second paragraph, the words "collection and recovery of resources and ways" with the words "the extent of the material types and management";
Add to article 3.1 part as follows: "(31) on the basis of the reports submitted by the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Administration will create and maintain a database on the volume of packaging waste, material types and management."
7. Express article 19 and 20 by the following: ' article 19. (1) the manufacturer and Packer of packaging stores data about production, exported to other countries and from other countries, the amount of packaging and materials, as well as reuse of packaging volume and types of material.
(2) the operator shall collect the package and keep separate data on the household and on the production of packaging waste generated: 1);
2), recycled and recovered the amount buried in Latvia and abroad by types of material.
(3) in the first and second subparagraphs shall be kept for at least three years and, upon request, shall provide the competent national authorities.
20. article. (1) the Latvian environmental protection fund administration each year prepare and publish your website on the internet in the country report on the amount of packaging material and management.
(2) the public limited liability company "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre" referred to in the first paragraph of the report 18 months after the end of the reporting year insert the European Commission database. "
8. Make the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions resulting from: 1) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 1994, Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste;
2) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004, Directive 2004/12/EC amending Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste;
3) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2005 of Directive 2005/20/EC, amending Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste. "
The law in the Parliament adopted 26 May 2011.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2011 June 15.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia