Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/232252
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: For the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation Treaty on cooperation in combating crime, in particular in its organized forms article 1. 20 December 2010 in Moscow, at the parakstītaisLatvij of the Government of the Republic and the Government of the Russian Federation Treaty on cooperation in combating crime, in particular in its organized forms (hereinafter the agreement), this law is adopted and approved.
2. article. Contractual commitments coordinated by the Ministry of the Interior.
3. article. The agreement shall enter into force for the period specified in article 15 and in order, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall notify the newspaper "journal".
4. article. The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation. With the law put for Latvian language in the contract.
The law adopted in Parliament 16 June 2011.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga in 2011 g. June 29, the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation Treaty on cooperation in combating crime, in particular in ITS ORGANIZED forms the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation, hereinafter referred to as the "parties", mindful that crime, particularly in its organized forms, poses a serious threat to the national security of the parties, the two countries ' peoples ' health and well-being, harm the two countries ' political , economic and sociocultural development, recognizing the need to coordinate actions on operational cooperation in the fight against crime, especially in its organized forms, subject to their national laws and regulations, subject to their constitutional and legal systems, and an integral part of national respect the right to sovereignty, affirming the obligations arising from international agreements which the parties are parties, as well as in the light of the institution of the United Nations and its specialised agencies, resolutions that Act of crime, especially in its organized forms, combat, agree as follows: article 1 1. The Parties shall cooperate in crime, especially in its organised form, combat in accordance with its national regulations, and this agreement in cases of crime prevention and detection requires the competent authorities of both parties for mutual cooperation.
2. the Parties shall cooperate in the fight against terrorism: 1) in all its forms and manifestations, including the financing of terrorism;
2) organized crime;
3) of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances (drugs) and illegal movement of precursors;
4) firearms, ammunition, explosive devices, explosive, poisonous and radioactive substances, illegal circulation of nuclear materials;
5) the taking of hostages, kidnapping and human trafficking;
6) offences against the life and health of persons, including human organ and tissue transplant trade needs;
7) economic offences, including financial, tax, business areas, criminal money laundering (laundering);
8) counterfeit banknotes, financial documents, non-cash means of payment and marketing;
10) offences against property, including the theft of vehicles;
11) criminal offences against public health and public morals, dzimumneaizskaramīb, sexual exploitation, in particular child;
12) criminal offences associated with illegal migration;
13) criminal offences against environmental security and natural environment, if the specified unlawful activities of common interest of the country;
14) offences relating to the infringement of intellectual property rights;
16) criminal offences in the field of information technology.
3. this Agreement is without prejudice to the issues of extradition and judicial assistance in criminal matters.
2. Article 1 of the cooperation provided for in this agreement. the implementation of parties ' national authorities directly contacting and agreeing.
Latvian parties are:-the competent authority of the Republic of Latvia, the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
-The police of the Republic of Latvia;
-Latvian security police;
-Latvian State border guard of the Republic;
-The Republic of Latvia to the corruption prevention and combating Bureau;
-Latvian Criminal money laundering prevention service;
-Republic of Latvia State revenue service;
-Ministry of health of the Republic of Latvia;
The Russian side is:-the competent authorities of the Russian Federation Prosecutor's Office;
-The Russian Federation Federal Security Service;
-Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation;
-The Russian Federation's federal drug control service of the movement;
-The federal financial monitoring service;
-The Russian Federation health and social development Ministry;
-The Federal Customs authorities.
2. the Parties shall without delay, through diplomatic channels, shall inform each other of changes in their lists of national competent authorities.
3. The parties ' competent authorities establish direct communications channels with the aim of ensuring effective cooperation as part of the implementation of this agreement.
3. Article 1. cooperation under this agreement is implemented in the following forms: 1) exchanging operational information derived from the results of, as well as other mutual interest information, including in relation to: (a) the planned or committed) terrorist acts, for persons and organizations that are involved, the methods for it and applied technical equipment and tools;
b) terrorist organizations and groups on their bodies and participants who intend to commit or have committed terrorist acts;
c) persons involved in organized crime, a criminal organisation and structure of the group, on relations between individuals and groups, for committing criminal offences (especially for a criminal offence at the time, place and method of making), of the measures taken, as well as about other relevant details;
(d)) any criminal offences related to illicit drugs and their precursors and made or plans to make to the territory of the other party;
e) facts that are related to the drugs and their precursors in the illicit movement or attempts to illegally moved from the territory of one party to the territory of the other party;
(f)) who is suspected of involvement in illicit drugs and their precursors;
g) a source disclosure forms and methods, of which drugs and their precursors into the illicit circulation and the illicit movement of such prevention measures;
(h)) and their precursors used drug forms of concealment during transport and detection methods;
I) revealed facts and methods of criminal money laundering (laundering);
j) the facts that are related to the illegal movement of goods and the movement of vehicles across the State border or its attempts, persons who are suspected of illegal trade and the movement of vehicles across the State border, as well as the communication to the illegal movement of goods and the transportable vehicle concealment;
2) after request to the competent authorities of the parties in the implementation of the measures of the operational matters, which are related to terrorism, organised crime and illicit drugs and their precursors, movement;
3) work experience, including joint working meetings, consultations, conferences and seminars;
4) exchanges with legislative texts in areas related to the fight against terrorism, organised crime and illicit drugs and their precursors, movement, and actions against their misuse, as well as with materials about this legislation and methodological recommendations;
5) assistance in staff training and further training, including organizing internships bodies specialised in the fight against terrorism, organised crime and illicit drugs and their precursors, movement;
6) Advisory assistance as well as assistance in the conduct of complex examinations;
7) if necessary, the exchange of illegal circulation of drugs and their precursors removed samples and research results;
8) exchange of statistical data and special publications on drugs and their precursor control problems of circulation.
2. the parties may cooperate in other forms that meet the objectives of this agreement.
1. Article 4 provision of assistance and information transfer under this agreement are performed at the initiative of one of the parties or on the basis of one of the Parties requests the competent authority of the country of (on-demand). The request is submitted in writing, including the use of information by technical means of transmission.
2. Use of information by technical means of transmission, as well as in cases of doubt as to the authenticity of the request or receive content, the requested competent authority may require the written confirmation of the request submitted by the competent authorities.
3. in urgent cases can be taken orally request, but three days must be in written form.
4. content: request received in the name of the competent authority;
requesting the name of the competent authority;
the grounds for the request;
a description of the nature of the request;
preferred deadline of the request;
other information necessary to execute the request.
5. the request shall be signed by the requesting competent authorities the driver or his Deputy or other person authorized by him and approved by the stamp of the competent authority.
1. Article 5 of the execution of the request may be refused, in whole or in part, if the requested Party believes that it may cause harm to its national sovereignty, national security, public order or other essential interests, or is contrary to its national laws or international obligations, as well as parties can cause citizens and other national independent parties who are not citizens of other nationalities the right and legitimate interests.
2. The execution of the request may be refused if the offence in respect of which the request is made, is not a criminal offence in accordance with the request of the country Parties have received national and local regulations.
3. If the decision is taken to refuse to execute the request, the requested Party, in writing, inform the requesting form, stating the grounds for the refusal.
Article 6 1 the requested competent authority shall take all necessary measures to quickly and fully as possible to fulfill the request. The request will normally be completed within a period not exceeding thirty days from the date of receiving it, and possible account is taken of the request submitted by the competent authorities for the execution of the request wishes, within a time limit which it shall specify.
2. the competent authority shall immediately inform the requesting competent authority about conditions that interfere with the execution of the request or delay its implementation for a longer time.
3. If execution of the request does not include requests received by the competent authority, it shall refer the request to the competent authority concerned and shall immediately inform the requesting competent authority.
4. The requested competent authority is entitled to request additional information which in its opinion is necessary for the proper execution of the request.
5. Execution of a request apply to requests received Party national laws and regulations.
6. the competent authority may authorise the requesting competent authorities authorised representatives hold their national territory during the execution of a request, if it is not contrary to this country's national regulations.
7. If the requested competent authority is of the opinion that the immediate execution of the request may interfere with the prosecution or other legal action that is carried out in its country, it may postpone the execution of a request, or link it to the need to comply with the conditions laid down, as necessary, after consultation with the requesting competent authority. If the request by the competent authority agrees to provide assistance under the conditions it is required to comply with these conditions.
8. The requested competent authority shall, upon request submitted to the competent authority shall take the necessary measures to ensure confidentiality of the receipt of the request and of the fact that its content, as well as the accompanying document for assistance.
9. If execution of the request during the maintenance of confidentiality is not possible, the requested competent authority shall inform the requesting competent authority shall decide whether the request should be executed with the following conditions.
10. The requested competent authority shall as quickly as possible inform the requesting competent authority of the results of the execution of the request.
Article 7 Private information (hereinafter referred to as the message) for the purpose of protection, one side of which the competent national authorities shall send to the other party to the competent authorities of the country in the framework of the cooperation under this agreement and within the limits of their country's national laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, the following rules are respected: 1) on the one hand, the competent national authority to which your request is received, inform the other party, the competent authorities of the transferring of their use and the results obtained;
2) parties under this agreement can only provide details to the competent authorities of the parties. On the one hand, the competent authorities of the country received messages can be transferred only with the other institutions of the other party news competent authority transferring prior written authorization;
3 of the transferring Party) is to make sure that the transferred message accuracy, as well as the fact that it is unnecessary and that it meets its intended objectives. If you have sent erroneous messages or messages which may not send, one part national news provided the competent authority shall immediately inform the other party country news received the competent authority. Messages received to the competent authority is required to make any necessary adjustments in the erroneous messages or immediately destroy messages that could not be allowed to pass;
4) in accordance with the national regulations of the sending party, news at the request of the person, which was transferred to the news, can inform this person about the fact of the transfer and the intended use. National security and public order in the interest of the provision of such information may be refused;
5) passing messages between the parties, the messages transferring the competent authority determines the definitive deadlines for destruction of information in accordance with their national laws. Despite this, the messages are destroyed when no longer needed by them, as well as the expiry of the contract term. The parties ' competent authorities shall immediately inform each other of the received message and the reason for this destruction;
6) the competent national authorities of the parties are obliged to record the message transfer, and destruction;
7) parties competent authorities should protect them passed messages from unauthorized accessing them from persons who are not authorized, as well as to the parties do not have the right to change this information or to publish.
8. Article 1. Each Party shall ensure that the message is received on the other hand, privacy, if the transferring Party considers it undesirable to disclose.
2. Messages received under this agreement, without a competent authority that they gave written permission may not be used for purposes other than those for which they were requested and passed.
3. To pass to a third-party message received by one of the parties under this agreement, requires the prior written permission of the competent authority that it provides, if this information is not publicly available in the request received party country.
Article 9 the request and the supporting documents that are sent in accordance with this Agreement shall be drawn up in Russian or English, if between the parties ' competent authorities will not otherwise agreed.
Article 10 the parties ' competent authorities of the country of their national legislation, take the necessary measures within the framework of providing a controlled delivery method with the aim to discover the people who participate in committing a criminal offence.
11. Article 1 of the parties the competent national authorities, on the basis of this contract, by mutual agreement, shall organise consultation on operational coordination and efficiency.
2. Parties to the competent national authorities may constitute a common working group, to hold meetings of experts and its capacity to conclude agreements to coordinate the operation of this agreement and ensure its effective implementation.
12. Article disputes that may arise between the parties concerning the interpretation or application of this agreement, shall be settled between the parties interested competent authority consultation or through diplomatic channels.
Article 13 the parties ' competent authorities shall bear its own expenses incurred in the course of implementing this agreement, if a case is not being matched by another.
Article 14 this agreement is without prejudice to each party's rights and obligations in the framework of other international agreements to which the State is a member, if one is not specified in this contract more favourable provisions of national competent authorities of the parties.
15. Article 1 this Agreement shall enter into force on the date it is received through diplomatic channels of the last written notification that the parties have taken the country in certain internal procedures necessary for its entry into force.
2. this agreement is concluded for an indefinite period. Each party may terminate this contract, written notice to the other party through diplomatic channels. This agreement shall expire six months from the date on which one of the parties has received the following statement.
3. With the agreement of the date of entry into force of the lapse of 26 April 1996 agreement between the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Latvia and the Ministry of the Interior of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the fight against organised crime.
4. written communications by the parties to this agreement may be amended, which shall enter into force in accordance with paragraph 1 of this article.
Signed on 20 December 2010 in Moscow in two copies, each in the Latvian and Russian languages, both texts being equally valid.
The Government of the Republic of Latvia in the Home Affairs Mūrniec Linda, Minister of the Government of the Russian Federation on behalf of the
Sergey Lavrov, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Search Translated Laws of Latvia