Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/232248
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the parliamentary agenda to make roller roller of the Saeima (the Parliament of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, 17, no. 24; 1995, no. 10, 24; 1996, 13, 22 no; 1997, no. 12, 21; 1998; 2000, no. 22, no. 2; 2001, 5., 10., 12. No; 2002, nr. 22; 2004, nr. 23; 2005; 2006, no. 14. , 8, 14, no. 24; 2008, no 3, 13; 2009, 2, 6, 12, 15, 17 No.; Latvian journal, 2009, no. 205; 2010, 206.178. No.) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 23, first subparagraph, paragraph 10 by the following: ' 10) determines the order in which you perform the Saeima object protection (guards). "
2. Add to article 118 of the fourteenth part as follows: "(14) the law on budget and financial management of the cases pending in the Parliament the draft decision should not be considered as independent proposals and are to be considered in one reading."
3. To supplement the law with the chapter 5.2 as follows: "members of the public send 5.2 language skills to the test in 131.2 (1) where not less than 20 MEPs questions whether a member can state language to the extent necessary for the performance of professional responsibilities, they have the right to submit the draft decision to the Member State of dispatch to language skills to the test. The draft decision shall be added to the actual circumstances.
(2) the Bureau of the meeting of the parliamentary report on draft decision received, and it passes without debate the Saeima mandate ethics and submissions to the Commission.
(3) the Mandate of the Commission of ethics and application month closed the hearing examined decisions about sending members to the State language skills to the test and give an opinion to Parliament on it. The mandate of the Commission of ethics and submissions invited the members of the hearing and language centre.
(4) the mandate of the Commission of ethics and application, the opinion indicates whether the Member has participated in the meetings of the Commission, as well as provide other necessary information.
(5) the draft decision of the Member's posting on the State language skills to the test included in the Parliamentary hearing on the agenda not later than 10 days after the mandate, and the application of ethics to the submission of the Commission's opinion, the Saeima. If the opinion submitted to the Parliamentary session in the meantime, the draft decision shall be included in the next regular session agenda, if the Parliament decides otherwise.
(6) the parliamentary hearing on the relevant draft decision report to the ethics mandate and elected Rapporteur of the Commission of the application. If the Saeima shall decide on the Member State of dispatch to language skills to the test, this test no later than within five months of adoption of the decision by the State educational content. Check this time limit may be made no more than two times. Not less than 10 members may submit a draft decision on the State language inspection extension.
(7) if the Member does not agree with the results of the check, he can be challenged within 10 days of the legislation. The decision on the contested results of the examination shall be taken within 15 days. The National Center for education content decision on the contested results of the examination are members 10 days may be appealed to the Supreme Court, the Senate Administrative Affairs Department, in this case as the Court of first instance examined the three judges within 30 days.
(8) If the Saeima has adopted a decision on the dispatch to a Member State language skills to the test and, in carrying out this examination, it is established that a Member State's language skills do not meet the regulations to the level or member within the time not come to check, the parliamentary mandate, ethics and the application within 15 days of the Commission shall submit to the Parliament a draft decision on the exclusion of members from the parliamentary composition.
(9) If the content of national education centre, making the test laid down in this article, recognises that Member State language skills match the laws defined levels, it sends the opinion of the parliamentary mandate, and the application of Ethics Commission. The Commission shall transmit that opinion to the Bureau, who shall inform the Parliament. "
The Saeima adopted the law on 9 June 2011.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2011 June 29
Search Translated Laws of Latvia