The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the Ministry of the Interior system of authorities and prison administration with a special service officer grade in the course of the service, to do the Interior Ministry system and the institutions of the prison administration with a special service officer grade in the course of the Service Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2006, No 14; 2008, 12, no. 16; 2009, 2., 3., 9. 10., 14., no; Latvian journal, 2009, nr. 196; 2010, 47, 205. No.) the following amendments: 1. in article 3: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the law says officials of the service.";
to turn off the second paragraph, the words "the calculation of average earnings".
2. To make article 7 the second subparagraph by the following: "(2) taking into account the need of the service, the head of the service of the authority may also accept a person who is older than 40 years and whose retirement time system in the Ministry of the Interior or the prison administration or that the retirement seniority of military service is not less than 10 years, or the person who is older than 40 years and retired from the service in accordance with this law, 47, the first paragraph of article 6 or 8 point regardless of retirement."
3. To make article 9 as follows: "article 9. Adoption services and appointments (1) the decision on the applicant's service and making appointments, read the evaluation of the recommendations of the Commission, shall adopt the Authority's leader or his authorized officer.
(2) the security police, the national police, the national border guard, State fire and rescue service and the prisons administration manager for five years, appointed by the Minister after the nomination is confirmed by the Cabinet of Ministers. Three months before the end of the recommendation of the Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers adopted a decision on the extension of the period of five years or the decision on the release of the institution's Manager. The Minister for the Cabinet's decision to inform the head of the institution concerned and in accordance with the decisions taken by the extended period of five years, or be released from the post of the head of the authority.
(3) the head of a College shall be appointed the head of the institution, which is subordinated to the College.
(4) the national police, the national border guard and State fire and Rescue Service Manager may designate only officials from the senior or highest officer, which is an academic or a second level professional higher education and retirement time system in the Ministry of the Interior is not shorter than 10 years. State fire and Rescue Service Manager candidate requires proper education in the field of fire protection. The prisons administration manager may appoint a person who is an academic or a second level professional higher education. "
4. Supplement article 12 the first paragraph of point 4.1 of the following: "41) due to the fact that the officer does not have an elected academic staff;".
5. To supplement the law with article 44.1 the following: ' article 44.1. Retired officers the right to wear holiday (front) uniforms (1) Retired official-Officer (except the retired officer, who retired from the service of this Act 47, the first paragraph of article 2, 4, 5 and 7 and paragraph 3 of the second paragraph, in the cases referred to in paragraph) have the right to wear holiday (front) uniform national holiday, celebrated on the day of remembrance or events, authorities or the Department, as well as other activities in the Republic of Latvia or abroad supported by the authority and the authority concerned.
(2) the Retired official, who shall have the right to wear holiday (front) uniforms in the first paragraph, in those cases, is right about the personal resources to purchase and wear the statutory holiday (front) uniforms according to retired officials of the special services.
(3) wearing a festive (front) uniforms, retired officer shall comply with the General rules of decency and ethics principles, as well as perform actions that discredited the institution.
(4) if the retired officer, wearing festive (front) uniforms, did not comply with the General rules of decency or ethical principles or for his body, the discredited Minister or head of the institution it can take away the right to wear holiday (front) uniforms. "
6. Article 47: make the first part of paragraph 5 by the following: "5) due to non-compliance, if the official position does not agree to the transfer of another post or not post that other official institution concerned to offer and the requirements officer;";
to supplement the first part with point 5.1 by the following: "If an official is not 51) repeatedly elected academic staff appointment, does not agree to the transfer of another post or not post that other official institution concerned to offer and the requirements officer;";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) is not allowed for the retirement of officers during the temporary incapacity (with the exception of the first paragraph of article 1 and paragraph 7 and in the second part of the case referred to in paragraph 2, as well as case officers retired from service due to the winding up of the institution), as well as the time when the officer is on leave or fail to comply with the obligations of other justifiable reasons.";
Add to article 5.1 part as follows: "(51) officials due to official posts liquidation or reducing the number of officials allowed to retired from the service in the following cases: 1) there is no other institution concerned, for which the official offer and the requirements officer;
2) respective institution is in a different position, which the official offer and the requirements for official matches, but officials did not agree to take the offered post of the institution concerned. ";
off the seventh part of the second sentence.
7. transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 16: "16. Security Police, the national police, the national border guard, State fire and rescue service and the prison administration, which appointed before the date of entry into force of this Act, which provides that the directors were appointed in the post for five years, article 9 of this law referred to in the second paragraph of the appointment period of five years shall begin to run from the date of entry into force of the amendment."
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2011 on September 8.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President s. Āboltiņ 2011 in Riga on September 20.