The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on press and other media" make law "on press and other media" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1991, 5./6.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 11; in 2002, 2., no. 13; 2005, no. 24; 2006, no. 14; 2009, no. 9) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 2 of the first paragraph: replace the words "television and radio programmes" with the words "electronic media";
to turn off the word "programmes";
to supplement the first sentence with the following: "Web site may be registered as a mass medium."
2. Turn off the article 3.
3. Express article 8 the first paragraph as follows: "the right to form and to issue mass media are legal and natural persons, as well as partnerships."
4. in article 9: make first and second subparagraph by the following: "the media are recorded in the enterprise register of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter enterprise register) and records the media register (hereinafter register) shall be State notary register of companies on the application of the person concerned, a court order or other competent State institutions (officials) are based. Registry entries are stored in electronic form, and have the same legal effect as a decision on entry. If the registry entry does not correspond to the decision on the entry of the decision is decisive. Media registration documents to add to the case on the basis of which the modified entry in the registry, as well as other statutory documents.
The application shall indicate the following particulars entered in the register: 1) the media name in spelling used in Latvian or Latin characters. The media name, in addition you can specify the language in which it will be used, but this name is not entered in the register;
2) language in which the media feature will be issued;
3) media owners (founders): a legal person or a partnership's registration number, name, address;
4) media owners (founders) — an individual's name, surname, identity code (if not applicable, date of birth, identity document number and date of issue, country, and institution that issued the documents);
5) media publishers — a legal person or a partnership's registration number, name, address;
6) Media Publisher — an individual's name, surname, identity code (if not applicable, date of birth, identity document number and date of issue, country, and institution that issued the documents);
7) media content and orientations;
8) territory or audience, which will be distributed or broadcast media production major part;
9) media duration if it is founded on a certain period of time or a specific objective;
10) other particulars if provided for external acts;
11) entry date. ";
supplemented with the sentence of the fourth subparagraph by the following: "the register media feature, it is granted an individual registration number."
5. To supplement the law with article 9.1 of the following: ' article 9.1. Iepriekšreģistrēt registration of changes of the information for entry in the registry for changes to iepriekšreģistrēt information, including the registration of new information to the Registrar of companies applying for a media change tracking, and then add: 1) owner (the founder) the decision on approval of changes;
2) document on State duty payment;
3) a certificate of registration, if it can't be amended.
To make the registry entry for the media of the winding up, shall submit an application to the Registrar of companies for the media's exclusion from the registry and then add: 1) owner (the founder) the decision on the media of the winding up;
2) document on State duty payment;
3) a certificate of registration. "
6. Express article 10 by the following: ' article 10. The decision for entry, entry delay or refusal of entry for the examination of the application, the companies registry public notary shall ensure that: 1) presentation of all the documents;
2) documents submitted comply with external regulatory requirements;
3) register not registered another legal hurdle.
If these conditions are not barriers, register of companies, the public notary shall take a decision on the entry in the register.
If you have not submitted all the required documents or the documents submitted do not meet external regulatory requirements, but these flaws are inevitable, the register of notaries public shall take a decision on the postponement of the entry and indicates failures.
If the media login name matches a record in the register the media name, register of companies, public notary is entitled to take a decision on the record of the suspension.
If the deficiencies are not documents inevitable or submitted information in the registry is not writable, the register of notaries public shall take a decision on refusal of entry. The State fee shall not be refunded in such cases. "
7. To supplement the law with 10.1 and 10.2 of the article as follows: "article 10.1. Registration of the entry into force of the decision, notification, and appeals against the decision of the opposition for entry, entry delay or refusal of entry shall enter into force upon signature, unless the decision is not for the later date of entry into force or the date of entry into force depends on another's decision takes effect. In this case it shall carry out the appropriate tag in the registry entries.
The decision for entry, entry delay or refusal of entry accepted within 10 days from the date of receipt of the application. Commercial register of the decision shall be forwarded to the applicant within three days (not including weekends and holidays) from the date of the decision.
The decision on entry, entry delay or refusal of entry or opposition appeal shall not suspend its activity.
10.2 article. The disclosure obligation is the media founders and owners, which is a corporation, it is the duty of the commercial law cases and in order to inform the commercial register authority of their true beneficiaries. "
8. Supplement article 16 of the fourth subparagraph by the following: "the Editor (editor in Chief), in carrying out their duties, has editorial independence."
9. Supplement article 21 with the eighth as follows: "the provisions of this article on false withdrawal and apology to electronic media is applicable in so far as the electronic media law relevant issues not regulated differently."
The law in the Parliament adopted 22 September 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 on October 6.