Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/241276
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on environmental impact assessment "to make the law" on environmental impact assessment "(Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 23; 2001, no. 13, no. 15; 2003; 2004, nr. 7; 2005, 20. No; 2007, nr. 14; Latvian journal, 2010, 102, 205. No.) the following amendments: 1. Add to the informative reference to European Union directive to point 7 by the following: ' 7) the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009. directive 2009/31/EC on the geological storage of carbon dioxide and amending Council Directive 85/337/EEC, European Parliament and Council Directive 2000/60/EC, 2001/80/EC, 2004/35/EC, 2006/12/EC, 2008/1/EC and Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 (text with EEA relevance.)
2. transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 16: "16. This law, paragraph 31 of annex 1 shall enter into force on January 1, 2013."
3. Annex 1: Express 22 the following: "22. Pipelines with a diameter of more than 800 mm and a length of 40 kilometers: 1) oil, gas and transportation of chemical products;
2) captured the flow of carbon dioxide are transported to the storage site, including the pipeline network related compression station. ";
Supplement to Annex 31 and 32 as follows: "31. Geological structures built of carbon dioxide storage sites located in the territory of Latvia's exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf. Impact assessment not applicable storage places where carbon dioxide is stored in new product and process research, development or test purposes, where the total estimated carbon dioxide storage is less than 100 000 tonnes.
32. Carbon capture facilities intended for installation to carbon dioxide geological storage structures: 1) if the carbon dioxide from the operations in this annex (equipment);
2) If year captured carbon dioxide amount is 1.5 megatons of or greater. "
4. in annex 2: adding to paragraph 3 with a 10. subparagraph by the following: ' 10) the carbon capture facilities intended for installation, which is not referred to in annex 1 of this Act. ";
Add to paragraph 10 with 18. subparagraph by the following: "18) the pipelines of carbon dioxide streams for transportation, which are mentioned in annex 1 of this Act, including the pipeline network related compression station."
The law adopted by the Parliament in December 1, 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 December 14.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia