The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Penal Procedure Code of Latvia in Latvian penal procedure code in the following amendments: 1. To supplement the first chapter of the code with article 4.1 as follows: "article 4.1. Criminal sanctions of suspension and the basis for the renewal of a criminal execution is stopped with the sentenced for further transfer to the foreign sentence or a moment when I received a communication from the Ministry of Justice, the judgment enforcement abroad.
The deprivation of liberty of unrelated criminal execution is suspended at the moment of receipt of the notification by the Ministry of Justice, the judgment for execution in a foreign country, except for the confiscation of property and rights. Confiscation of property and enforcement of disqualification continues, despite the fact that the Latvian Court ruling released abroad.
The execution of criminal penalties, if the criminal is being restored by the enforcement authority of the Ministry of Justice receives information that a person has escaped from foreign custodial authorities or with imprisonment not linked the execution of criminal sentences passed back to Latvia.
The meaning of this code is convicted person stopped and will not cease until the Ministry of Justice received information about the full execution of a foreign country. "
2. in article 15: supplement a third with the sentence as follows: "each with imprisonment to the convicted person shall be prepared and its special characteristics, as well as personal photos the forensic characteristics.";
to supplement the article with the fifth and sixth the following wording: "news of the persons sentenced to deprivation of liberty, the person and their special characteristics, as well as photos of the kriminālistisko that apply to those persons recorded in the integrated information system of the Interior. Available photos and they raised the minimum technical requirements, as well as the integrated information system of the Interior news to be included in the volume, and the deletion procedure, in the storage limits and the institutions to be granted access to this information in the system messages, establishes the Cabinet.
The penitentiary administration within 21 days after it has received the order for enforcement of the judgment, shall inform the foreign citizen convicted in Latvia or a person whose permanent residence is in Latvia on its rights to express a desire for their fine through citizenship or country of residence. A convicted person to explain the transfer of penal legal consequences under criminal law. "
3. To supplement the code with 15.1 article as follows: "article 15.1. The Ministry of justice information on foreign nationals the prisons administration on a regular basis, but not less frequently than once every four months, the Ministry of Justice sent information on foreign nationals who served a custodial sentence of custodial institutions in Latvia. "
4. To make the third paragraph of article 50.3 introductory paragraph as follows: "the convict can be transferred from a closed prison sentence mode for the highest grade on the partially closed prison sentence mode of the highest degree, but from a closed prison sentence mode of the highest degree, to the open prison. Deciding on the direction of the penalty sentenced advanced performance, according to this law, examine the following criteria: ".
5. in article 50.5: turn off the first part of paragraph 8, the words "due to the exemplary behaviour";
replace the eighth point 4 of part numbers and the words "5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in paragraph" with the figures and the words "5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 in paragraph".
6. in the first subparagraph of article 50.6: adding to paragraph 1, the words "or has suffered the penalty of imprisonment and convictions for such sentences removed or deleted in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law";
make point 2 as follows: "2) for less serious crime of negligence, if sentenced to imprisonment for a period not longer than five years, and they have not suffered a penalty before a custodial institution or have suffered a custodial penalties and convictions for such sentences removed or deleted in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law;";
turn off in paragraph 4, the words "of exemplary behavior."
7. Supplement article 50.11 from the seventh subparagraph by the following: "in deciding the detectable level of penal regime from foreign countries for the execution of the penalty of deprivation of liberty taken with the convicted, the custodial authorities the Administrative Commission may adopt the following decisions: 1) leave the convicted sentence mode for the lowest grade;
2) move the convicted of parole mode lower to penal treatment the average or the highest degree. "
8. Add to the seventh of the code "A" section with the following wording for article 50.14:50.14 "article. From the foreign take over with imprisonment for convicted certain penal regime review administrative Commission custodial institutions Administrative Commission 50 days from the date of the start of the prison sentence, the review of foreign sentenced the specified overwhelmed penal regime, taking into account the foreign country and the time spent in custody in Latvia and served part of the sentence according to the laid down in this code of penal treatment grade izciešamaj penalties.
If the execution of the punishment of foreign countries ridden with the imprisonment of the convict days, when initiated penal imprisonment, to the meeting of the Administrative Commission shall be gross or systematic violations of the penal regime, the Commission shall decide on the continuation of the convicted sentence mode for the lowest grade. "
9. Supplement of article 111 paragraph 6 by the following: ' 6) the Ministry of Justice received information that a foreign judgment that is executed in Latvia, has been canceled. "
10. Turn the transitional provisions in paragraph 1, subparagraph 2.
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2011 on 15 December.
The President a. Smith in 2011 December 29.