Read the untranslated law here: http://peraturan.go.id/inc/view/11e44c4e2f411770b236313231323231.html
Presidential Decree No. 2-1982 fnHeader (); The text is not in the original format.
Back of the INDONESIAN PRESIDENTIAL DECREE number 2 in 1982 ABOUT the FORMATION of the COMMITTEE for SETTLEMENT of the ISSUE of the BORDER REGION of the REPUBLIC of INDONESIA and PAPUA NEW GUINEA PRESIDENT Republic of INDONESIA, Considering: a. that as a follow-up to the implementation of the Basic Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Indonesia with the Papua New Guinea Government on Border arrangements signed in Jakarta on 17 December 1979 and ratified by Presidential Decree of the Republic of Indonesia number 6 1980 , viewed the need to accommodate and resolve any problems that arise with the Basic Agreement in question;
b. the purposes for that. letter a above needs to be formed the Committee for resolution of border regions of the Republic of Indonesia with Papua New Guinea;
Remember: 1. Article 4 paragraph (1) and article 11 of the Constitution of 1945;
2. Act No. 12 Year 1969 about the formation of the Autonomous Province of West Irian and Autonomous counties in Proipinsi. West Irian (State Gazette Number 47 in 1969, State Gazette Supplementary Number 2907) jo, in 1973, Government Regulation No. 5 of West Irian Province name change becomes. Irian Jaya. (State Gazette No. 9 in 1973, additional Sheets of the State. Number 2997) 3. Presidential Decree Number 36 of 1971 on the establishment of the Committee for the coordination of problem solving the national territory and the seabed;
4. Presidential Decree Number 44 in 1974 about the fine points of Organization Department;
5. Presidential Decree Number 45 in 1974 about the makeup of the Department's Organization as amended and supplemented by Presidential Decree Number 27 in 1981;
6. Presidential Decree number 6 in 1980 DECIDED Set: the DECISION of the PRESIDENT of the REPUBLIC of INDONESIA CONCERNING the FORMATION of the COMMITTEE for the SETTLEMENT of the ISSUE of the BORDER REGION of the REPUBLIC of INDONESIA and PAPUA New Guinea.
Article 1 the Committee resolution of border regions of the Republic of Indonesia with Papua New Guinea, next in this presidential decree called for a Committee, based in the Department of the Interior.
Article 2 the Committee has the following duties: 1. to Accommodate and resolve the problems of the border region that arise with the Basic Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Indonesia and the Government of Papua New Guinea about the Border arrangements in a manner as set forth in the agreement.
2. Passing on advice to Governments on how to workaround the border region which is outside the framework of the agreement on the letter a.
3. Hold a discussion on a permanent basis and regularly about how problem solving the border region in the framework of the handling of the integrated development of the border area of the Republic of Indonesia in Irian Jaya Province, in order to be applied in regional development.
Article 3 (1) the Organization of the Committee consist of: a. the Minister of the Interior or a designated officer, as Chairman, and members;
b. Security Defense Minister/Commander of the armed forces, or a designated officer, as Chairman I, and members;
c. Foreign Minister or a designated officer, as Chairman I I, while he was a member of the d. an official appointed by the Minister of the Interior and is based in the Department of Internal Affairs, as Secretary, and members;
e. an official appointed by the Minister of Defence-Security/Commander of the armed forces and based at the Department of Defense-Security, as Secretary I, and members;
f. A I Echelon officials appointed by the Minister. The country, as a member of the g. A I Echelon officials appointed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, as a Member;
h. A Echelon I officials appointed by the Minister of defence, the security/Commander of the armed forces, as a Member;
i. A Echelon I officials appointed by the Minister of Justice, as a member of j. A I Echelon officials appointed by the Minister of manpower and transmigration, as a Member;
k. A Echelon I officials appointed by the Minister of agriculture, as a Member;
b. A I Echelon officials appointed by the Minister of public works, as a member of the m. a Echelon I appointed by the Minister of health, as a member of n. A I Echelon officials appointed by Minister/State Secretary, as a member of the o. A I Echelon officials appointed by the Minister of transportation, as members;
an official q. Echelon I appointed by the Minister of information, as a Member;
q. the Governor level I Regional head of Irian Jaya, as a Member;
Regional Commander r. Miiliter XVIT/Bird., as a Member;
s. Officials or officials from Departments/Agencies as deemed necessary in accordance with the problems encountered, (2) the Secretary concerned may appoint a substitute member.
(3) to facilitate the implementation of the tasks of the Committee, the Minister of the Interior. form the Secretariat of the Committee.
Article 4 In doing their job this Committee is responsible to the Minister of the Interior.
Article 5 (1) the Committee may establish Sub-sub Committee or the Committee-Adhoc Committee as deemed necessary.
(2) on the advice of the technical department, the Committee can form a Committee-Technical Committee as deemed necessary in order to deal with specific issues relating to the functions of the respective Technical Departments concerned.
Article 6 (1) cost the Committee charged to budget of the Ministry of Interior.
(2) the Technical Committee Committee Fees in article 5 paragraph (2) charged to Budget the technical department concerned and coordinated by the Home Secretary as the Chairman of the Committee.
(3) matters relating to financing entered into force since the fiscal year 1982/1983, article 7 (1) in carrying out its activities Committee held a coordination with the Committee Coordination problem solving the national territory and Seabed (PANKORWILNAS).
(2) with the formation of this Committee then all existing Committee in the technical department, which handles and relevant border issues with Irian Jaya, adjusted by decision of the President.
Article 8 this presidential decree took effect on the date set.
Established in Jakarta on January 4, 1982 the PRESIDENT of the Republic of INDONESIA, SUHARTO'S fnFooter ();
Search Translated Laws of Indonesia