Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bstatg_1987/BJNR004620987.html
Law on statistics for federal purposes (Federal Statistics Act - BStatG) BStatG Ausfertigung date: 22.01.1987 full quotation: "Federal Statistics Act of January 22, 1987 (BGBl. I p. 462, 565), most recently by article 13 of the law of July 25, 2013 (BGBl. I S. 2749) is changed" stand: last amended by art. 13 G v. 25.7.2013 I 2749 for details on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from) : 30.1.1987 +++) § 1 statistics for federal purposes the statistics for federal purposes (Federal statistics) has the task to collect data about mass phenomena, to collect, prepare, to represent and analyze in the federally structured system of official statistics. The principles of neutrality, objectivity and scientific independence apply to them. It becomes the data using scientific knowledge and usage of each proper methods and information technologies. By the results of the Federal statistics are social, economic and ecological contexts for federal countries, including municipalities and municipal associations, society, science and research. Federal statistics is a prerequisite for a policy directed at the social State principle. The individual information collected for Federal statistics are used only for the purposes established by this Act or a rule of law associate other Federal statistics.
§ 2 Federal Statistical Office (1) the Federal Statistical Office is an independent federal authority in the Division of the Federal Minister of the Interior.
(2) the President of the Federal Statistical Office is appointed by the Federal President on a proposal from the Federal Government.
(3) the Federal Statistical Office carries out its tasks according to the requirements of professionally competent Federal Minister within the framework of a task program agreed with the financial planning and the available budget on the basis of each correct methods.
§ 3 tasks of the Federal Office of statistics (1) task of the Federal Statistical Office is subject to the provision of article 26, paragraph 1 or any other legislation, 1 a) statistics for federal purposes (Federal statistics) methodically and technically in consultation with the statistical offices of the countries to prepare and develop, b) to promote the consistent and timely implementation of collecting and treatment programs of Federal statistics by the countries, c) to compile the results of Federal statistics in the necessary factual and regional outline for the Federal as well as for general purposes publish and present, d) to provide detailed information in accordance with this Act or other legislation for scientific purposes; the competence of the Länder, to perceive this task also remains untouched, 2. a) to raise Federal statistics and prepare, if and to the extent it is intended in this or any other federal law or the countries involved agree to and b) perform additional formats for federal purposes and special formats, as far as the statistical offices of the countries do not carry out this treatment, to create statistics 3. on behalf of Supreme Federal authorities according to § 8 , 4. statistics of other States, the European Union and international organizations to put together and publish their results for general purposes and to represent, 5th on the factual, temporal and spatial coordination of statistics or statistical formats to work towards, in paragraphs 1 to 3 and in §§ 8 and 26 para 1 are, 6 on the preparation of the programme of the Federal statistics and the legal and general regulations of the Federal , which touch the Federal statistics, to participate to establish 7 national accounts and other complete systems of statistical data for federal purposes and to publish them for general purposes to represent, 8 maintain the statistical information system of the Federal Government, and to contribute to the coordination of special databases of other agencies of the Federal Government; the same is true as far as the Federal Government in appropriate projects outside the Federal Administration is on 9 to simplify and improve the data collection and processing for purposes of Federal statistics Nummerungsvorhaben and aspirations of the Covenant to the automation of administrative processes and legal proceedings to participate; the same is true as far as the Federal Government in appropriate projects outside the Federal Administration is turned on, the federal authorities for the award of research contracts with regard to the collection and provision of statistical data to advise 10 perform contract research on behalf of the highest federal authorities in the field of Federal statistics, to provide advice and carry out other work of statistical and similar.
(2) that statistical offices of the countries and the agencies entrusted with the implementation of Federal statistics to the Federal Statistical Office to request particulars, as far as this for the methodological and technical preparation of Federal statistics and the further development pursuant to paragraph 1 No. 1 letter a or performing formats after paragraph 1 No. 2 point (b) is required; the same applies to the fulfilment of the tasks of the Federal Agency in the supra - and international area.
(3) in the case of country statistics, there is a federal interest at their common compilation, the Federal Statistical Office can accept no. 1 responsibilities referred to in paragraph 1, unless the countries concerned agree.
§ 3a cooperation of the statistical offices (1) the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries should, as far as they are responsible for the implementation of Federal statistics and other statistical works within the framework of the Federal statistics, transfer the execution of individual works or, required relief efforts through administrative agreement or on the basis of an administrative arrangement to other statistical offices. Recourse to the disclosure and the enforcement of the obligation to supply information are excluded.
(2) referred to in paragraph 1, also providing data for the science belongs to the statistical work.
Statistical Advisory Council (1) at the Federal Statistical Office is a statistical Advisory Committee § 4.
(2) the Statistical Advisory Committee has the task to advise the Federal Statistical Office on policy issues.
(3) in the Statistical Advisory Committee the federal ministries with ten seats, as well as the General Accounting Office, the German Bundesbank and the Federal Commissioner for data protection and freedom of information based on a seat, are represented 1 2 the statistical offices of the countries with a seat ever, 3. the Statistical Office of the European Union with a seat, 4. the local authority umbrella organisations based on a seat, 5. industrial economics with seven seats, as well as the free professions with a seat and the employer associations with a seat , 6. the trade unions three seats, 7 agriculture with two seats, 8 environmental groups with a seat, 9 science with five seats, including two seats for the economic institutes and the universities.
The Board of Directors of the Statistical Advisory Committee is the Federal Statistical Office. The Statistics Advisory Board meets under the chairmanship of the President of the Federal Statistical Office. The President of the Federal Statistical Office and the members referred to in paragraphs 1 to 3 have only an advisory votes in the case of decision making.
(4) the Statistical Advisory Board to adopt rules of procedure.
(5) the land Governments are to be loaded to the meetings of the Statistical Advisory Committee. Their representatives must be heard at any time.
(6) the members are no. 4 to 9 according to paragraph 3 by the President of the Federal Statistical Office on the proposal of the relevant associations and institutions to rely; the competent Federal Minister determines the proposal authorized associations and institutions.
(7) the Statistical Advisory Committee may establish for certain subjects committees or working groups. Experts can be brought to the meetings of the Statistical Advisory Board, the committees and the working groups. Meetings of committees and working groups are to download the federal ministries and to hear at any time.
(8) the activities in the Statistical Advisory Board, the committees and the working groups is voluntary.
§ 5 the Federal statistics are arrangement of Federal statistics (1), unless provided in this Act or other legislation intended, arranged by law. The legislation should take into account also the information needs of the countries.
(2) the Federal Government shall be empowered by decree with the consent of the Federal Council with a duration to arrange economic and environmental statistics for companies, farms and workplaces, as well as other statistics, which are listed by Federal statistics, up to three years, if the following conditions are met: 1 the results of Federal statistics must be certain to meet, required at the time of the survey of already lying down federal purposes, 2. the Federal statistics may enter only a limited group of persons , 3.
the estimated costs of the respective Federal statistics without the cost of the publication may not exceed two million euro for the surveys to the Federal Government and the countries including the municipalities and municipal associations together within one year.
Economic and environmental statistics may with accountability other statistics may be arranged only without accountability.
(3) the Federal Government reports a the statistics referred to in paragraph 2 as well as the statistics according to § 7 the German Bundestag every two years, for the first time in 1988. While the estimated cost is to present, incurred by the Federal Government and the regions including the municipalities and municipal associations. In addition, will he be given the load to Inquirer.
(4) the Federal Government is authorized to suspend the implementation of a Federal statistics or the collection of individual characteristics up to four years by decree with the consent of the Federal Council, to extend the periodicity, to move collection dates as well as to Inquirer to restrict the circle, if the results no longer or no longer needed in the planned verbosity or frequency or if actual requirements for a Federal statistics are be omitted or have changed significantly. The Federal Government is also authorized to move up to four years of the survey with information disclosure provided for in a law by decree with the consent of the Federal Council to a survey without obligation, if and to the extent sufficient results of Federal statistics can also be achieved by survey without obligation.
(5) Federal statistics, that use information from generally accessible sources, require any arrangement by law or decree. The same applies to Federal statistics that use data exclusively from public registers, as far as a special right of access to these registers will granted the Federal Statistical Office or the statistical offices of the countries in a piece of legislation.
Section 6 measures for the preparation and implementation of Federal statistics (1) Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries can to prepare and implement legislation arranged Federal statistics 1 for clarification of the circle to questioned and whose statistical mapping information rise, 2. questionnaire and survey procedures on their appropriateness test.
Federal statistics without accountability information is not compulsory also for the information under numbers 1 and 2. Federal statistics with duty to report applies only to the information referred to in point 2. The information under numbers 1 and 2 are to delete, the information referred to in point 1 at the latest after the appropriate in the framework of the implementation of the respective Federal statistics to gathering information on their consistency and completeness have been verified, the information referred to in point 2, at the latest at the earliest 3 years upon completion of testing. The information referred to in point 2 are to separate name and address from the other information at the earliest possible time and to be kept separately.
(2) pursuant to paragraph 1 may no. 1 information to build and maintains the registry of statistics according to § 1 para 1 of the statistical register law are used to, unless they have been raised to the preparation and implementation of economic arranged through legislation and environmental statistics.
(3) the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries can also prepare an ordering a Federal statistics legislation 1 to determine the circle of questioned and whose statistical mapping information rise, 2. questionnaire and survey procedures on their appropriateness test.
The information under numbers 1 and 2 no obligation is. You are to delete the information according to paragraph 2 no later than three years after implementation of the testing at the earliest possible date. The information referred to in point 2 are to separate name and address from the other information at the earliest possible time and to be kept separately.
(4) a company should be included in the calendar year in a maximum of 3 sample surveys for Federal statistics with accountability with less than 50 employees. It conducted surveys apply several times in the calendar year as a single collection.
Footnote (+++ § 6 para 4: not used see section 93 subsection 1 sentence 2 AgrStatG (2009-03-06 F) +++) § 7 surveys for special purposes (1) to comply with an occurring in the short term data needs for purposes of preparation and justification pending decisions of Supreme Federal authorities must perform Federal statistics without accountability, if a Supreme Federal Authority calls for such Federal statistics.
(2) to clarify scientific methodological issues in the field of statistics, Federal statistics may be carried without accountability.
(3) the Federal Statistical Office is entitled the Federal statistics by making paragraphs 1 and 2, as far as this is done in the cases of paragraph 1 not by the statistical offices of the countries within the deadlines set by the Supreme Federal authorities, and in the cases of paragraph 2 not by the statistical offices of the countries themselves.
(4) Federal statistics must collect each no more than 20,000 respondents pursuant to paragraphs 1 and 2.
(5) repeat surveys are allowed up to five years after the first survey also to the purpose of the representation of history.
Article 8 processing of data from the Administration (1) as far as the administrative offices of the Federal non-statistical law or administrative rules collect data or when you apply data in any other way can the statistical processing of data wholly or partially transferred the Federal Statistical Office. The Federal Statistical Office is allowed with the consent of the contracting authority to present statistical results for general purposes from the processed data and publish.
(2) special provisions in a law ordering a Federal statistics remain unaffected.
Scope of federal statistical legislation (1) that a Federal statistics issuing legislation to the data collection characteristics, the characteristics of the aid, the type of survey, the reporting period or the reporting date, the periodicity and the district consulted determine § 9.
(2) serial numbers and serial numbers to carry out federal statistics require a provision in the legislation ordering a Federal statistics only in so far as they contain details about personal or factual circumstances which go beyond the survey - and help features.
§ 10 survey - and help features (1) Federal statistics are compiled on the basis of survey - and help features. Survey features include information on personal and factual circumstances that are intended for statistical use. Help characteristic is serving the technical implementation of Federal statistics. They may be used for other purposes only as provided for by paragraph 2 or other law.
(2) the name of the municipality, the block page and the geographic grid cell may be used for the regional association of survey characteristics. The remaining parts of the address may be used for the mapping to block sites and geographic grid cells for a period of up to four years after completion of the respective survey. Special provisions in a law ordering a Federal statistics remain unaffected.
(3) block page is the page with same street name of the area enclosed by road junctions or comparable limits within a municipal area. A geographical grid cell is a unit of area that involved is square on a given map projection and is at least 1 hectare in size.
§ 11 survey forms (1) are survey forms by the Inquirer to fill the responses on the survey form, but in the prescribed form are so to grant.
(2) the accuracy of the details is to confirm, to the extent provided in the survey form, but through signature.
(3) the survey forms may contain no questions about personal or factual circumstances which go beyond the survey - and help features.
(4) the legal basis of the respective Federal statistics and the help features used in their implementation shall be indicated on the survey form, but.
Electronic data transfer (1) as far as bodies which carry out tasks of public administration, transmit data using standardized electronic data interchange formats, section 11a, these are also in the transmission of the data to be collected for a Federal statistics to use. Otherwise, after consultation of the statistical offices with the concerned, electronic procedures should be used.
(2) electronic process provided enterprises and companies for the transmission of data to be collected for a Federal statistics available, they are required to use these procedures. To prevent undue hardship, the competent authority on request can allow for an exception.
§ 12 separation and deletion of the help features
(1) help features are, as far as paragraph 2, section 10 para 2, § 13 or other legal provision otherwise determine to delete as soon as the review of survey - and help features on your consistency and completeness is completed when the statistical offices. They are to separate from the survey characteristics at the earliest possible time and to be kept separately.
(2) in the case of periodic surveys for purposes of Federal statistics that must be stored separately to determine the circle of required to Inquirer help characteristic, unless they are needed for the following surveys. After the end of the period of recurring surveys, they are to delete.
§ 13 address files (1) Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries lead in their jurisdiction address files, businesses, farms and workplaces affect economic and environmental statistics and are required 1 the preparation of a Federal statistics) for the detection of survey units, b) to select of the to be included in sampling according to mathematical procedure survey units, c) establishing rotation schedules, and to limit the exposure to Befragender , 2. in collecting Federal statistics for a) dispatch of the questionnaires, b) the inspection and for questions about the respondents, 3. for the processing of Federal statistics for a) the validation of the results are correct, b) statistical associations and evaluations, c) projections-sample.
(2) following assistance and collection characteristics of economic and environment statistics may be used to guide the address referred to in paragraph 1 for businesses, farms and workplaces, as well as from generally accessible sources: 1 names and addresses, as well as the geo-coordinates of survey units, with companies also their parts as well as their agent for providing statistical information including the telecommunications port numbers, businesses also of Headquarters and Headquarters as well as the name of the owner or Manager of operations , 2. legal form for companies, 3. industry, entries in the role of craft and in the directory of the owner of a company of an admission-free craft or a craft-like industry, type of activities pursued, place and registration number in the trade, cooperatives, association or partnership register, indicator for the identification of the business registrations, as well as belonging to a group, 4. number of active persons, 5. marking of statistics , to which the company or the operating logs, 6 date inclusion in the mailing list.
A serial number will be awarded for each observation unit. You may not name pursuant to sentence 1 No. 1 and no sentence 1 No. 1 to 6 additional features included.
(3) the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries share the features referred to in paragraph 2 sentence 1, as well as the identification numbers pursuant to sentence 2 and the respective changes with, insofar as their jurisdiction address lists.
(4) the characteristics referred to in paragraph 2 sentence 1 and the identification numbers referred to in paragraph 2 sentence 2, as well as the identification numbers in the records with the collection characteristics of the survey units are each deleted as soon as they for the purposes referred to in paragraph 1 are no longer needed.
(5) the ordering a Federal statistics law regulations, which provide for the management of files, remain unaffected.
§ 13a merging data as far as obtaining statistical information without additional statistical surveys required it, data from statistics according to section 13, paragraph 1, may be merged after the administrative data use Act and data that win the statistical offices of the Federal and State Governments from generally accessible sources, data from the statistical register, data.
§ 14 survey Officer (1) be inserted in carrying out a Federal Statistics survey officer, they must offer the guarantee of reliability and confidentiality. Survey officers may not be employed if due to their professional activity or for other reasons of concern is that findings from the occupation are used as collection agents at the expense of the respondents.
(2) collection officer shall use gained insights in other procedures or for other purposes from their occupation. You are on the protection of statistical confidentiality according to section 16 and the secrecy of such findings in writing to commit occasionally obtained her occupation. The obligation applies even after the termination of their activities.
(3) survey officers are obliged to follow the instructions of the survey points. In the performance of their duties, they have to identify themselves.
(4) survey officers are to teach about their rights and obligations.
§ 15 duty to report (1) legislation associate a Federal statistics has to determine whether and to what extent the survey with or without accountability to be. An obligation is set, all natural or legal persons of under private and public law, associations, federal authorities and the countries, as well as municipalities and municipal associations to answer the questions correctly are required.
(2) the obligation to supply information in relation to the people and places officially entrusted with the implementation of Federal statistics.
(3) the answer is truthfully, completely and within the time limits set by the statistical offices of the Federal and State Governments to grant. The answer is given, if the duly completed survey forms 1 delivery in writing the survey point are received, 2. when submitted in electronic form by establishing specific for receiving in way editable for the survey point have been recorded.
The answer is, in a piece of legislation otherwise unless otherwise provided, to grant costs and postage paid for the recipient.
(4) collection agents are used, can be answered the questions contained in the survey form, but orally, in writing or electronically.
(5) if in the cases of paragraph 4 the information given in writing or electronically, the completed survey forms are handed the survey officer and be passed in closed envelope or to present the Survey Office, send, or electronically.
(6) opposition and legal challenge to the prompt to the information have no suspensive effect.
§ 16 particulars are secrecy (1) personal and factual circumstances that are made for a Federal statistics, of the officials and public service secret especially committed, who are entrusted with the implementation of Federal statistics, unless otherwise provided by special laws. This information of individual in their submission or publication the respondent in writing agreed, 2. when referring public bodies as referred to in article 15, paragraph 1, even if there is an information disclosure due to a law ordering a Federal statistics particulars from generally accessible sources, does not apply to 1 3. individual details that other respondents are summarized and presented in the statistical results of the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries with the particulars , 4. particulars, if they do not associate the respondents or victims.
The sections 93, 97, 105 para 1, § 111 paragraph 5 in conjunction with article 105, paragraph 1, and article 116, paragraph 1, of the tax code of 16 March 1976 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 613; 1977 I p. 269), last amended by article 1 of the law of 19 December 1985 (BGBl. I S. 2436), they do not apply to persons and places, as far as the implementation of Federal , State or municipal statistics are entrusted.
(2) the transmission of information between the persons entrusted with the implementation of Federal statistics and is permitted, insofar as this is necessary for the creation of Federal statistics. In addition, the transmission of information between the statistical offices participating in a cooperation according to § 3a and the central processing and use this detailed information in one or more statistical institutes is allowed.
(3) the Federal Statistical Office must submit to the statistical offices of the countries at the regional level single information relevant to their respective coverage for special formats. For the creation of the national accounts of the Federal and State Governments the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries themselves may transmit particulars from Federal statistics themselves.
(4) for use against the legislative bodies, and for purposes of planning, but not for the regulation of individual cases, tables with statistical results may be transmitted the highest federal or State authorities by the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries, also as far as table fields are from a single case. The delivery pursuant to sentence 1 is allowed only as far as the transmission of individual information to top federal or State authorities issuing legislation is approved in the Federal statistics.
(5) for exclusively statistical purposes, the authorities for the implementation of statistical tasks of municipalities and municipal associations may be transmitted by the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries detailed map if the transmission in a law ordering a Federal statistics is intended and the nature and extent of the particulars to be transmitted are determined. The delivery is only permitted if State law ensures a separation of these posts from other municipal administrative bodies and ensures the statistics secret organization and procedures is.
(6) for the implementation of scientific universities or other institutions with the task of independent scientific research may be transmitted by the Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the countries detailed map, if the individual information only with a disproportionately large expense can be allocated on time, cost, and labor and the receiver public officials, for the public service are especially committed or obligated under paragraph 7.
(7) persons who will receive individual information according to paragraph 6, are to undertake, as far as they are not officials or particularly committed to the public service prior to the transmission of secrecy. § 1 paragraph 2, 3 and 4 No 2 of the commitment Act of March 2, 1974 (BGBl. I p. 469, article 42), by Act of 15 August 1974 (BGBl. I p. 1942) has been modified, is according to.
(8) the individual information provided on the basis of a special law or of paragraphs 4, 5 or 6 may be used only for the purposes for which they were transmitted. They are to delete, if the research project is carried out in the cases of paragraph 6. At the places where individual information is sent, must be ensured through organisational and technical measures that only public officials, public service particularly debtor or debtor set are 1 recipients of particulars under paragraph 7.
(9) the transmission due to a particular piece of legislation or to paragraphs 4, 5 or 6 is for content, record point delivered, date and purpose of dissemination of statistical offices. The records shall be kept at least five years.
(10) the obligation of secrecy referred to in paragraph 1 is for the people, the beneficiaries of individual information due to special legislation, to paragraphs 5, 6 or tables referred to in paragraph 4. This does not apply for obvious facts in a transmission pursuant to paragraph 4.
Section 17 are briefing to consulted in writing or electronically to teach over 1 purpose, nature and scope of the collection, 2. statistical confidentiality (§ 16), 3. information disclosure or the voluntary nature of information (§ 5 ABS. 2 and § 15), 4 the separation and deletion (§ 12), 5. the rights and obligations of the survey Officer (§ 14), 6 the exclusion of the suspensive effect of opposition and legal challenge to the prompt to the disclosure (§ 15 para 6) , 7. the relief and characteristics to the leadership of address files (§ 13 para 2), 8 the meaning and the contents of the current numbers and serial numbers (§ 9 para 2).
Statistical surveys of the European Communities (1) provisions of this Act concerning the Federal statistics find article 18 subject to the provisions in paragraph 2 mutatis mutandis on the surveys ordered by directly applicable legal acts of the European Union, unless otherwise specified in the legislation of the European Union.
(2) as far as the characteristics of the surveys ordered by directly applicable legal acts of the European Union features a law ordering a Federal statistics do not match or are assimilated to these characteristics, the information are voluntary, unless the European Union acts see an obligation explicitly before.
Article 19 has supra - and international tasks of the Federal Office of statistics In terms of supra - and international Federal Statistical Office task, preparation of statistical programs and legislation, as well as on the methodological and technical preparation and harmonization of statistics, as well as the establishment of accounts and other complete systems of statistical data for the purposes of the European Union and international organizations to participate in and to forward the results to the European Union and international organisations.
§, Borne by countries insofar as they arise at the federal authorities of the Federal Government, the rest 20 costs of Federal statistics the cost of Federal statistics.
Article 21 prohibition of re identify a merging of information from Federal statistics or such individual information with other information for the purpose of making a people, company -, operation -, or workplace reference outside of the task of this law or of the legislation ordering a Federal statistics is prohibited.
Article 22 Regulation who brings together information from Federal statistics or individual information with other data contrary to section 21, is punishable by up to one year or punished with fines.
Section 23 is fine provision (1) any person who intentionally or negligently information not, incorrectly, incompletely or not timely issued sentence 1 contrary to section 15, subsection 1, sentence 2, para 2 and 3.
(2) any person is, who an answer not in the prescribed manner grants 1 violates article 11 paragraph 1 or a there called procedure does not use 2 contrary to § 11a paragraph 2 sentence 1.
(3) the offence can be punished with a fine up to five thousand euros.
§ 24 managing authority within the meaning of the code of administrative offences (accordance) managing authority within the meaning of § 36 para 1 of the code of administrative offences is the Federal Statistical Office, where's Federal statistics 1 after § 3 ABS. 1 2(a) in connection with article 6, paragraph 1 prepared no. 1 or no. 2 letter a, 2. According to article 3, paragraph 1 raises also in connection with article 5, paragraph 2 and article 6, paragraph 1 or 3. due to this or any other federal law prepared.
The same applies, as far as appropriate in carrying out the surveys are the Federal Statistical Office according to § 18.
§ 25 suspensive effect of appeal and annulment at State and municipal statistics by State law can be, that opposition and legal challenge to the prompt to exchange of information in the conduct of State and municipal statistics are arranged by laws that have no suspensive effect.
Section 26 reconciliation rule (1) as far as the Federal Government has authorized a Federal Minister or a place determined by him, for certain Federal statistics, no. 1 and 2 to exercise wholly or in part, is the tasks of § 3 para 1 the authorization only continued, if at the appointed spot separation dealt with statistical tasks ensures organizational unit of the other task panes and the statistics secret organization and procedures is ensured.
(2) to the extent carried out surveys on the basis of already existing legislation assigned a Federal statistics, the data as input characteristics may be obtained which are required for the technical implementation and have the following purpose: 1 identification of who to Inquirer and performing required questions and determine the address for the request for information, such as names and addresses, telephone and telex numbers, 2. statistical mapping to Inquirer, as belonging to the District of the Inquirer and the type of economic activity , 3. mapping and evaluation of the data collection characteristics, 4. identification of the person concerned.
Markings are only allowed subject to special legislation, insofar as they cannot be mapped to those affected by the statistical offices of the Federation or of the countries referred to in point 4.
(3) as far as legislation that impose a Federal statistics and which have entered into force prior to December 31, 1984, an about section 16 para 4 sentence 1 or par. 6 beyond the transmission of individual data is provided, these regulations appear at the latest four years after the entry into force of this Act overrides.
(4) an information disclosure is also determined according to article 15, paragraph 1, sentence 2, as far as surveys on the basis of already existing legislation assigned a Federal statistics are conducted and the answer is not expressly exempted. The Federal Government reimbursed the Bundestag up to January 1, 1988 she should pass on a report on the question of at what statistics is a legal accountability to Inquirer and to what extent under review of the purpose of the statistics, the interests of their users and the burden to Inquirer. In addition, is set out in the report, whether and to what extent the purpose pursued by this law to further changes of individual statistical legislation can give rise.
§ 27 (dropped out) section 28 this Act into force shall with the exception of § 26 para 1 in the days after the announcement. Article 26, paragraph 1 enter into force on January 1, 1989.
Search Translated Laws of Germany