Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/brgo_1966/BJNR104370966.html
Rules of procedure of the Federal Councillor BRGO 1966 copy date: 01.07.1966 full quotation: "rules of procedure of the Federal Council amended the notice of 26 November 1993 (BGBl. I p. 2007), most recently by the notice of June 8, 2007 (BGBl. I p. 1057) has been changed" stand: Neugefasst by BEK. v. 26.11.1993 I 2007;
last modified by BEK. v. 8.6.2007 I 1057 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.10.1966 +++) table of contents I. General provisions members section 1 incompatibility § 2 year section 3 badges, tickets § 4 II. organs and institutions of the Federal Council, election of the President and Vice-Presidents § 5 position President § 6 position § 7 Vice-Presidents Bureau article 8 of Standing Advisory Committee § 9 Secretary § 10 committees § 11 election of the Chairmen of the committees § 12 representatives of the Bundesrat in other institutions § 13 secretariat § 14 III. The meetings of the Federal Council 1 preparing of the meetings convened and announcement § 15 attendance § 16 2. General procedural principles exclusion of the public article 17 participation in the negotiations of section 18 question Law § 19 moderator of session section 20 participation of the President in the negotiations section 21 order violence of the President section 22 3.
The course of business in the Federal Council finding and implementing the agenda § 23 negotiations § 24 reporting section 25 requests and recommendations section 26 number of votes section 27 quorum article 28 voting section 29 voting rules section 30 procedure at decisions referred to in article 77 para 2 sentence 1 of the Basic Law article 31 resolutions article 32 be participating the negotiations of the Bundestag § 33 session report § 34 simplified procedure § 35 IV. The procedures of the committees assignment of templates of § 36 venue, public, attendance § 37 convening, agenda § 38, advice section 39 participation and question law § 40 reporting to the Committee of section 41 decisions section 42 survey procedure § 43 § 44 minutes notice of the recommendations of the committees § 45 IVa. The proceedings in the European Union allocation of briefings about projects in the framework of the European Union on the committees § 45a Europe Chamber article 45 b Chairman of the European Chamber section 45 c jurisdiction of the Chamber of Europe § 45 d preparing the meetings of the European Chamber section 45e public section 45f participation at negotiations § 45 g number of votes, quorum, voting section 45 h representatives of countries § 45i session report section 45j application of procedures article 45 k V. final provisions Deputy sec. 46 interpretation of the rules of procedure section 47 deviation from the rules of procedure section 48 entry into force paragraph 49 I. General provisions - article 50 GG by the Federal Council, the countries involved in the legislation and administration of the Federal Government and European Union Affairs.
-Article 51 GG the Federal Council consists of members of the Governments of the countries of that they order and dismissed. You can be represented by other members of their Governments.
Every country has at least three votes, have four, countries with more than six million inhabitants five, six votes more than two million people with more than seven million inhabitants.
Each country may send as many members as it has votes. The voices of a country can only consistently and be delivered only by present members or their representatives.
Section 1 members who share the Governments the President of the Federal Council with the names of the members of the Federal Council, the date of their appointment as members of the Federal Council and the State Governments and the date of the expiry of their membership.
§ 2 incompatibility which allowed members of the Federal Council at the same time include the Bundestag. Is a member of the Federal Council in the Bundestag is elected, as the President of the Federal Council communicated's within reasonable time, which of the two offices puts it down.
§ 3 fiscal year the Federal Council's fiscal year begins on 1 November of each year and ends on 31 October of the following year.
§ 4 passes, tickets (1) each Member shall by the Federal Council a statement of his capacity as a member of the Federal Council. The members of the Federal Council will also receive tickets for the Deutsche Bundesbahn and the Federal Post Office.
(2) identification cards and tickets are to return a week after expiration of membership.
II. institutions and bodies of the Federal Council - article 52 para 1 GG the Bundesrat elects its President for a year.
§ 5 election of the President and the Vice President (1) the Federal Council selects without debate for a year from among its members a President and two Vice Presidents.
(2) the Office of the President or a Vice President ends prematurely, a by-election will take place within four weeks.
§ 6 position of the President of (1) the President represents the Federal Republic of Germany in all Affairs of the Federal Council. He is the Supreme authority of service for civil servants of the Federal Council.
(2) officials of the higher service be set without the prior consent of the Permanent Advisory Board, the Director and Deputy Director with the prior consent of the Federal Council by the President, promoted, fired and retire; the same applies to the setting, Höhergruppierung and dismissal of employees by compensation group BAT II a map up.
(3) the President exercises the House rules for the buildings subordinate to the management of the Federal Council, parts of buildings and land.
§ 7 status of the Vice Presidents (1) the Vice President represented the President in case of his absence or premature termination of his Office after in accordance with their order. A case is also, as long as the President of the Federal Council perceives the Federal President's powers under article 57 of the basic law.
(2) the Vice President will advise and assist the President in carrying out his duties.
§ 8 Bureau (1) the President and the Vice Presidents form the Executive Committee.
(2) the Bureau prepares the draft of the budget plan for the Federal Council after consultation of the Standing Council. It decides on the internal affairs of the Federal Council as far as the power is reserved to the Federal Council, nor is the President. The Federal Council can entrust the Bureau with the implementation of its resolutions.
(3) the President shall convene the Executive Committee and chairs its meetings. He has to convene the Bureau, when a Vice President's demands.
(4) in cases of urgency, the President may bring decisions of the Presidium in the way of the survey.
(5) on each session of the Presidium is to make a transcript. This must be at least the names of the participants, the applications, the outcome of the deliberations and decisions contain the vote ratio.
Permanent Advisory Board (1) the Bureau article 9 is a permanent Advisory Board. The representatives of the countries belonging to it. He will meet usually once a week.
(2) the Permanent Advisory Board advises and supports the President and the Bureau in the preparation of the meetings and the leadership of the administrative business of the Federal Council. He decides in the in section 6 paragraph 2 personnel matters referred to. Its decisions are recorded in a transcript.
(3) the Standing Advisory Board is involved in maintaining the current relationship between the Federal Council and Federal Government. The Federal Minister for the Affairs of the Federal Council and the countries can take part in the meetings of the Standing Advisory Committee in that regard and must be consulted at any time.
(4) the Director of the Federal Council takes part in the meetings of the Standing Advisory Committee.
(5) is the Chair of the Permanent Council in the following order: 1. a member of the Presidium, 2. the agent, who is also a member of the Federal Council, 3. any other agent.
(6) No. 2 or 3 come after paragraph 5 several persons as Chairman into consideration, the Member of the Standing Committee will be chaired, that belongs to him the longest without interruption.
§ 10 Secretary (1) of the Federal Council elects from among its members for each fiscal year two Secretary.
(2) a Secretary supports the President in the meeting. Both Secretary to a session of the Federal Council are not published, the President appointed another Member of the Federal Council for this session to the Secretary.
-Article 52 paragraph 4 GG the committees of the Bundesrat other members or representatives of the Governments of the countries can belong to.
§ 11 committees (1) the Federal Council form standing committees. He may set up other committees for Special Affairs.
(2) the countries are represented on each Committee by a member of the Federal Council, another Member or a representative of their Government.
(3) the Governments of the countries to inform in writing the date of appointment and dismissal of the members of the Committee the President. These releases will be announced to the committees.
(4) paragraph 3 sentence 1 also applies to the deployment of the members of the Conciliation Committee. The President or on his behalf the Director of the Swiss Federal Council communicated the names of the members and the Deputy Chairman of the Conciliation Committee.
§ 12 election of the Chairmen of the committees
(1) the Federal Council elects the Chairman of committees from its members for each fiscal year. The committees are to be heard before the election.
(2) the committees choose Deputy Chairman from its members.
(3) the Office of a Chairman or a Deputy Chairman ends prematurely, a successor should be chosen for the rest of his term.
Section 13 representatives of the Bundesrat in other organs appointed members by bodies of a legal person of public or private law, of advisory boards of a Department of the Federal Government, by administrative councils or similar bodies, so can the Bundesrat Federal Council or its committees require that members report on their activities.
§ 14 Secretariat (1) at the Federal Council is a Secretariat include all staff of the Federal Council.
(2) the Director of the Swiss Federal Council directs the Secretariat on behalf of the President with the support of the Deputy Director. The Director assists the President in the conduct of his official duties.
III. the meetings of the Federal Council 1 preparing of the meetings - article 52 para 2 GG the President convene the Bundesrat. He has convened him when representatives from at least two countries, or the Federal Government require it.
Article 15 notice and disclosure (1) the President has immediately convene the Bundesrat if a State or the Federal Government requires it.
(2) the President shall prepare the meetings. The templates to advisory in provisional agendas are collected in preparation of the meetings.
(3) the provisional agenda, the templates, and the minutes and recommendations of the committees are to be placed as early as possible the missions of the countries.
(4) can the service be effected not later than on the sixth day before the meeting, the provisional agenda, the templates, and the reports of the committees involved are immediately put to the representatives of the countries and at the same time the members of the Federal Council.
5) place, time and the provisional agenda of each session are communicated to the Federal Government. The meetings of the Federal Council will be announced by stop in the meeting building.
§ 16 attendance for each session of the Federal Council is designed an attendance list, which subscribe to the participants in the session.
2. General principles - article 52 para 3 sentence of 3 and 4 GG he negotiated (the Federal Council) publicly. The public can be excluded.
§ 17 exclusion of the public (1) over the exclusion of the public for a subject is discussed in closed session and decided. The recovery of the public is to announce.
(2) the negotiations in closed session are confidential, unless the Federal Council decides otherwise.
-Article 53 set 1 and 2 GG the members of the Federal Government have the right and request the duty, the negotiations of the Federal Council and its committees to take part in. You need to be heard at any time.
§ 18 participation in the negotiations (1) to the negotiations of the Bundesrat can also the Rapporteur of the Committee and the Secretaries of State of the Federal Government participate in; other persons only if the President allows this.
(2) to support the members of the Federal Council and the Federal Government, as well as the other participants in the negotiations, representatives of countries and the Federal Government can be drawn to.
-Article 53 set 3 GG is the Federal Council to keep up to date by the Federal Government about the conduct of business.
Article 19 right to ask questions (1) each Member of the Federal Council can at the meeting to the items of the agenda issues on targeted Federal Government or its members.
(2) each country can also ask questions to the Government which are not the order of the day in connection with a subject. These questions are the President two weeks before the meeting where they are to be answered at the latest in writing. The President forwards it to the Federal Government and puts it on the agenda.
(3) the questions should be treated at the beginning of the meeting provided pursuant to paragraph 2. The question be country can justify his question verbally. At the request of the question the country, the President noted that the question is taken over by the majority of the Federal Council.
(4) refers the question to a matter, which the Federal Government undertakes sentence 3 of the basic law referred to in article 53, to keep the Federal Council, is to exclude the public for the duration of the treatment of the issue at the request of the Federal Government. Article 17 shall apply accordingly.
(5) the treatment of a question in the session is omitted if the question be country with written answer has agreed. The Federal Government's response is to share with all countries.
§ 20 Board meeting (1) the President shall direct the meetings of the Federal Council.
(2) President and Vice President are at the same time unable to lead a session, so the oldest age after Prime Minister will lead the session.
Participation of the President in the negotiations the President intends to section 21, to participate as a speaker in the negotiations, so he is the moderator of the session for this time.
Section 22 order violence of the President (1) participants who are not members of the Federal Council, and listeners are subject to order violence of the President.
(2) a person who expresses in the stands of approval or disapproval or hurt order and decency can be removed immediately on the orders of the President. The President can give the Tribune because of disruptive agitation.
3. the course of business in the Federal Council article 23 finding and implementing the President gives the order of the day (1) known at the beginning of the session changes in the composition of the Bundesrat.
(2) before entering into the negotiations, the Federal Council notes the agenda by decision. Article 19, paragraph 2, sentence 3 shall remain unaffected.
(3) a country, citing his rights under § 15 para 1 has requested no later than two weeks before the session put a subject on the agenda, so should this request be complied with, if the country does not waive the handling in this session.
(4) the template, the provisional agenda or the recommendations of the committees with regard to an object have been delivered not later than on the sixth day before the meeting in accordance with article 15, paragraph 3, so this item must not be on the agenda, if a country, unless that one envisaged legal deadline expires for the decision of the Federal Council in less than seven days or that it's an Eilfall EC template pursuant to § 45 d para 1.
(5) relating to articles which are not on the agenda, may be not negotiated, decided, contrary to a country.
§ 24 negotiations the President should ensure that independently report of committees advising items of general interest or importance the reasons are presented, which are to decide on the Committee recommendations or proposals of importance.
Reporting (1) the committees should in the session of the Federal Council consulting items essential oral report on section 25.
(2) the reports must reflect objectively the deliberations in the committees, should but confined to the politically significant results. On technical or legal-technical advice and the results, a written report under waiver of his presentation on the report of the meeting can be given with the approval of the President.
Article 26 amendments and recommendations (1) each country has the right to submit applications to the Federal Council.
(2) the Executive Committee may submit applications to the internal affairs of the Federal Council.
(3) the committees submit recommendations to the Federal Council to advice objects referred them. A Committee recommended the amendment or rejection of a template, the Bundesrat has a justification to be provided.
-Article 51 para 2 GG (2) each country has at least three votes, countries with more than two million inhabitants have four, countries with more than six million inhabitants five, countries with more than seven million inhabitants six votes.
§ 27 number of votes the number of votes which is para 2 of the basic law to the country pursuant to article 51, is calculated according to the results of the official update of the population, if not the results of an official census.
-Article 52 para 3 sentence 1 GG the Federal Council takes its decisions by at least a majority of its votes.
§ 28 quorum (1) the Federal Council is quorate when the majority of his votes is represented.
(2) in the case of decision inability, the President has to pick up the session and announce the date of the next meeting.
(3) when the decision of the Federal Council in accordance with article 37, article 84 paragraph 3 and 4, and article 91 para 2 of the basic law is the concerned country vote.
-Article 51 paragraph votes a country can 3 sentence 2 GG only uniformly and emitted only by the present members or their representatives.
§ 29 vote (1) will be matched by manual lifting. At the request of a country is matched by calling the countries. The countries are called in alphabetical order.
(2) where a vote on the recommendations of the committees has not been submitted and there are no contradictory recommendations, no proposals or speeches, the President can determine that the Federal Council in accordance with the recommendations of the committees has decided; He can summarize the vote on consulting group of objects. Sentence 1 shall apply for determining the agenda, according to § 23 paragraph 2 accordingly.
(3) the President may postpone the vote on an item of the agenda or to present proposals no later than at the end of the session. The vote must be reset if at least two countries request it.
Section 30 voting rules (1) in the legislative process are 76 to 78 of the basic law articles to believe that beyond any doubt arising from the vote, whether the Federal Council with a majority of its votes has decided to introduce a Bill in the Bundestag the poll questions (article 76 para 1 of the Basic Law), to a bill of the Federal Government and what has this opinion (article 76 para. 2 of the Basic Law) , a law adopted by the Bundestag to agree (article 78 of the Constitution), to request the convening of the Conciliation Committee because of a law adopted by the Bundestag (article 77 paragraph 2 sentence 1 of the Basic Law), to appeal a law was approved by the Bundestag opposition or to take him back (article 77 paragraph 3 sentence 1 and article 78 of the Constitution).
In all other cases where a consent of the Federal Council is required, the vote must result in clearly whether the Federal Council with a majority of its votes gives its approval. With the votes on the granting of the approval will be decided with requests to refuse consent.
(2) several requests are to same subject, is the widest possible application to vote first. The degree of deviation from the template is crucial. In cases of doubt, the Federal Council may decide. If restricted laws, para 2 is set 1 of the basic law before the decision about the consent to vote on an application referred to in article 77.
(3) paragraph 1 sentence 3 and paragraph 2 apply to the recommendations of the committees according to.
§ 31 procedures for decisions pursuant to article 77 paragraph 2 sentence 1 of the Basic Law In the proceedings after article 77 paragraph 2 sentence 1 of the Basic Law provides the President, unless to vote on several reasons of referral to a law, first General, determine whether there is a majority for the invocation of the Conciliation Committee. This is the case, so he can be on the individual applications advice and vote. Then he can put the vote after renewed consultation about, whether the Conciliation Committee, on the basis of all decisions of the individual is to be called; He has to vote if a country requires it.
§ 32 effect are of the decisions the decisions of the Federal Council will be with the end of the session that is effective. About objects, their handling is complete, may be again advise and matched, if a country goes against.
-Article 43 para 2 GG the members of the Federal Council and the Federal Government, as well as their authorized representative have to all sessions of the Bundestag and its committees access. You need to be heard at any time.
Article 33 participation in the negotiations of the Bundestag which Federal Council may its members instruct, to defend his decisions in the Bundestag and its committees. The committees can make proposals for this purpose.
Article 34 (1) report of the meetings of the Federal Council absorbed a verbal report.
(2) the report is confidential, unless the negotiations are confidential (§ 17 par. 2). The Federal Council may determine that a non-public session a report is not included.
(3) the report is deemed to have been approved if within a period of two weeks after its issue the President will appeal. The President does not place the opposition, the Federal Council may decide.
Simplified procedure against the template or templates that are forwarded to the Federal Council for information only, to apply the recommendations of the competent committees, which may Federal Council of the template take note no concerns raise section 35, as the opinion of the Federal Council, provided that until the next meeting of the Federal Council, no country must request for treatment of this template.
IV. the procedures of the committees § 36 assignment templates (1) indicating President the templates the competent committees to and determined the Committee responsible. The participation of several committees on the advice of a template should be limited as possible. The President can appoint the Director of the Federal Council with the assignment of the templates and the determination of the Committee responsible.
(2) the President has to put templates a country request, immediately on the provisional agenda of the Federal Council.
Section 37 the committees meet at the seat of the Federal Council venue, public, attendance list (1). Exceptions require the prior consent of the President. § 15 para 5 shall apply accordingly for the announcement of meetings.
(2) the meetings of the committees are not public. The negotiations are confidential, unless the Committee decides otherwise.
(3) for each meeting of the Committee, an attendance list is interpreted that subscribe to the participants in the session.
Section 38 a, convening, agenda (1) which appoints Chairman the Committee. He has to convene it immediately if a Committee member requests it. The Chairman prepares the meetings of the Committee and directs it.
(2) the order of the day is delivered to the missions of the countries as early as possible, at the latest on the sixth day before the meeting. Can this deadline cannot be met, so the agenda is the representatives of the countries and at the same time be telex to inform the members of the Committee.
(3) as far as the Committee is not the lead, the agenda should indicate the purpose of the advice of the individual items.
Section 39 (1) consulting the committees prepare before the decision of the Federal Council.
(2) the President may use the committees to develop added comments.
(3) several committees can consult together. Is a subject for the areas of several committees of equal importance, the President may order joint consultation.
(4) the committees can use subcommittees.
(5) the committees should have completed their consultations on the eighth day before the next meeting of the Federal Council.
-Article 53 set 1 and 2 GG the members of the Federal Government have the right and request the duty, the negotiations of the Federal Council and its committees to take part in. You need to be heard at any time.
§ 40 participation and right to ask questions (1) members of the Federal Council and representatives of the provincial governments that are not members of the committees, as well as Federal Commissioner can take part in the negotiations of committees and subcommittees, without voting rights.
(2) in the meetings, the members of the committees, as well as the representatives of the Governments of the members of the Federal Government and their agents can ask questions.
(3) the committees can listen to experts or other persons, whose participation they deem necessary.
Article 41 reporting to the Committee the Committee ordered, as far as this is necessary for its deliberations for the individual items of advice rapporteur. The reports will be returned verbally, unless the Committee decides otherwise.
Section 42 decisions (1) the committees are quorate if more than half of the countries represented.
(2) each country has one vote in the committees.
(3) the committees take decisions by a simple majority.
§ 43 survey procedures the Chairman holds the oral consultation of a template for expendable, so can be obtained the opinion of the members of the Committee through the survey. The survey will be early enough so that at the request of a country, a session may in time be convened.
Section 44 (1) minutes of any meeting of a Committee the Secretary manufactures a transcript. This must be at least the names of the participants, the applications, the outcome of the deliberations and decisions by country the vote ratio, as well as the result of the vote. The breakdown of the voting results by country in a transcript of a meeting of a Sub-Committee may be avoided if the Subcommittee decides accordingly in individual cases.
(2) the minutes is confidential, if not of the Committee in accordance with § 37 para 2 sentence 2, has lifted the confidentiality of the negotiations.
(3) the wording of the decisions taken by a Committee and the motivations to formulated can be opened to the public, unless the Committee decides otherwise.
§ 45 communication of recommendations committees provides the Secretary of the Coordinating Committee of the recommendations of the committees to each template together and she heads to the missions of the countries.
The proceedings in the European Union: article 23 para of 2, 4 to 6 GG (2) in European Union Affairs of the Bundestag Act and by the Federal Council with the countries. The Federal Government has comprehensively and at the earliest possible date to inform the Bundestag and the Bundesrat.
(4) the Federal Council is to participate unless he to participate would have a corresponding national measure or where the countries would be nationally responsible in the conduct of the Federal Government.
(5) if in an area of exclusive federal jurisdiction, the interests are touched or if in addition, the Federal Government has the right to the legislation, the Federal Government takes into account the opinion of the Federal Council. If the focus of legislative powers of the countries affected the establishment of their authorities or their administrative procedures, the Federal Council is in the decision-making process of the Federal Government in this respect substantially to take into account; This is to maintain the State responsibility of the Federal Government. In matters which could lead to increases in expenditure or revenue reductions for the Confederation, the Federal Government's approval is required.
(6) if the focus exclusive legislative powers of the countries affected, the exercise of the rights to which the Federal Republic of Germany as a Member State of the European Union, will be transferred by the Federal Government on a representative of the countries named by the Federal Council. The exercise of rights is carried out with the participation of and in cooperation with the Federal Government; This is to maintain the State responsibility of the Federal Government.
-§ 2 EUZBLG (1) the Federal Government shall inform the Federal Council without prejudice to article 2 of the Act to the Treaty of 25 March 1957 establishing the European Economic Community and the European Atomic Energy Community of 27 July 1957 (BGBl. II p. 753) comprehensively and at the earliest on all projects in the framework of the European Union, which could be of interest to countries.
§ 45a allocation of briefings about projects in the framework of European Union committees (1) the President chooses from the briefings about projects in the framework of the European Union from those, which come for a consultation in the Bundesrat into account, and points them to the committees. The President can appoint the Director with the selection and assignment of the teachings. Each country and each Committee may require that further briefings will be assigned to the committees.
(2) the participation of several committees on the advice of a briefing should be limited as far as possible. This particularly applies to teachings, whose Eilbedürftigkeit (§ 45 d para 2) is already foreseeable at the time of the assignment.
(3) the assignment works up to the end of the project in the European Union. Several committees are involved, so these should perform time matched their discussions on recommendations to the Federal Council or the European Chamber, insofar as this is possible.
(4) the committees involved have the task professionally to accompany representatives of countries, carry out the evaluation to opinions of the Federal Council and to propose some necessary follow-up decisions to the Federal Council in decision-making bodies of the European Union.
-The Federal Council may form a Chamber of Europe para 3a GG for European Union Affairs article 52, whose decisions as decisions of the Federal Council; Article 51 (2) and 3 sentence 2 shall apply accordingly.
section 45B Europe Chamber (1) the Federal Council forms a European Chamber, whose Beschlüsse are considered decisions of the Federal Council.
(2) each country sends a member or an alternate member of the Federal Council as a member of the European Chamber. Its other members and deputy members of the Federal Council are deputy members of the Board of Europe.
(3) the Governments of the countries to inform in writing the date of appointment and dismissal of the Member of the Chamber of Europe the President. The release will be announced the European Chamber.
section 45c Chairman of the European Board (1) the Federal Council chooses without debate the President and the first and the second Deputy Chairman of the European Chamber for a year from the middle of the members of the European Chamber.
(2) the Office of a Chairman or a Deputy Chairman ends prematurely, a successor should be chosen for the rest of his term.
-§ 3 EUZBLG before of determining the bargaining to a project of the European Union gives the Federal Government the Federal Council in a timely manner are opportunity to comment within a reasonable period of time, insofar as the interests of the countries affected.
-§ 4 para 1 EUZBLG as far as the Federal Council at an appropriate domestic measures to participate would have, or as far as the countries would be nationally responsible, involved the Federal Government, the Federal Council named representatives of countries in discussions on defining the negotiating position to the project.
-§ 5 EUZBLG (1) so far in an area exclusive federal jurisdiction interests are affected or if in addition, the Federal Government has the right to the legislation, the Federal Government takes into account the opinion of the Federal Council in determining the negotiating position of the projects.
(2) If a project within a focus on legislative powers of the countries are affected and the Federal Government has no right to the legislation or a project in the priority concerns the establishment of authorities or their administrative procedures, the opinion of the Federal Council is in so far in determining the negotiating position by the Federal Government to take into account; Moreover, paragraph 1 shall apply. The State responsibility of the Federal Government, including foreign, defence - and integration-political-to-value issues, is to maintain. The opinion does not match the opinion of the Federal Council of the Federal Government, an agreement is aiming at. To achieve this understanding, renewed advice to the Federal Government using representatives of the countries. An agreement is not concluded and the Federal Council then confirmed his opinion with a decision with two-thirds of its vote, the Federal Council will prevail. The Federal Government's approval is required if decisions can lead to increases in expenditure or revenue reductions of the Federal Government.
(3) prior to the approval of projects, that the Treaty be based on Article 235, the Federal Government establishes the agreement with the Federal Council, whose consent would be required under national law or unless the countries would be responsible.
-§ 6 ABS 1 S 1 and ABS 2 S 1 and 2 EUZBLG (1) in a project, in which the Federal Council on an appropriate national measures would have to participate or where the countries would be nationally responsible or the otherwise essential interests of the countries affected, attracts representatives of the Federal Government at the request of countries to the negotiations in the advisory bodies of the Commission and the Council to , as far as this is possible.
(2) in the case of a project which concerned exclusive legislative powers of the countries at the Centre of gravity, the Federal Government should transfer the negotiation in the advisory bodies of the Commission and the Council and in meetings of the Council in the composition of the Ministers on a representative of the countries. For the meetings of the Council, only one member of a State Government Ministers can be named by the Federal Council.
-§ 7 EUZBLG (1) the Federal Government makes at the request of the Federal Council of without prejudice to its own lawsuit rights of the countries from which in the Treaty on European Union use, as far as the countries through an act or omission by institutions of the Union in areas of their legislative powers are affected and the Federal Government has no right to the legislation redress provided for. Where is the State responsibility of the Confederation, including foreign, defence - and integration-political-to-value issues, maintain.
(2) paragraph 1 shall apply accordingly if the Federal Government in the proceedings before the European Court of Justice will have the opportunity to comment.
(3) with respect to the litigation before the European Court of Justice, the Federal Government in the cases referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, as well as for infringement proceedings, in which the Federal Republic of Germany is party, produces agreement with the Federal Council as far as the legislative powers of the countries affected and the Federal Government has no right to the legislation.
§ 45 d competence of Europe Chamber (1) is the European Chamber in urgent cases or to unison confidentiality after assignment heavyweights of consulting responsible for the exercise of participation rights of the Bundesrat in European Union Affairs.
(2) an Eilfall is when the decision of the Federal Council in regard to the State in the bodies of the European Union tolerates no respite until the next already convened session of the Federal Council.
(3) a case in which confidentiality is to protect, may be in particular, if 1 this is provided for in legislation of the European Union;
2. the Federal Government declared the confidential treatment of the subject of the consultation necessary;
3. a country or a Committee encourage the confidential treatment of the subject of the consultation.
(4) the President noted that the jurisdiction of the European Chamber is given, it assigns the question under consideration this, when he convenes the Federal advice. The President can instruct the Director to assign in consultation with the Chairman of the Committee on the European Union the European Chamber consulting items.
(5) the allocation of heavyweights of advice to the European Chamber does not preclude to their decision-making with the advice in the committees and the negotiation and decision making by the Federal Council.
section 45e preparing the meetings of the European Chamber (1) the sessions of the Chamber of Europe to which committees are prepared, as far as this is time.
(2) the Chairman shall convene the Chamber of Europe, if their appearance together. Each country may request the convening of the European Chamber to a template that is assigned to it.
(3) the notice period is one week. So, she may be shortened in urgent cases as the State requires it. The convocation is done by transmission of the provisional agenda.
§ 45f public (1) the Chamber of Europe negotiated publicly. The public can be excluded. As far as the jurisdiction of the European Chamber is based on respecting the confidentiality, to decide upon the exclusion of the public. In addition, it is to apply article 17 According to.
(2) decisions of the Chamber of Europe and their justifications are published, as far as the European Chamber decides otherwise.
§ 45 g can participate in the negotiations of the European Chamber members and Commissioner of the Federal Government and representatives of State Governments; other people only as far as the Chairman permits.
§ 45 h decision-making (1) to vote in the Chamber of Europe are entitled the members and alternate members of the European Chamber.
(2) the European Board is quorate when the majority of their votes is represented. When no quorum, the Chairman has to pick up the session.
(3) the Chamber of Europe takes decisions by at least a majority of their votes.
§ 45i survey procedure (1) the Chairman considers the oral advice of an EU template dispensable, can be brought about the decision-making process in the way of the survey. The survey is a report to make.
(2) the session of the Chamber of Europe because of quorum cancels, the Chairman initiates a survey process.
(3) except in the case of paragraph 2, each country of decision making in the survey procedure can contradict.
section 45j session report of the meetings of the European Chamber is to produce a transcript. It must contain at least the name of the participant, the applications and the outcome of the deliberations. The report is confidential, unless the negotiations are confidential (§ 45f (1) sentence 2 to 4).
§ 45 k application of procedural rules article 15 par. 3 and 5, paragraphs 16, 18 para 2, § 19 para 1, §§ 22, 23 para 2 sentence 1 and paragraph 5, section 26, subsection 3, sections 29, 30 and 32 are apply mutatis mutandis.
§ 45l representatives of countries (1) the Federal Council shall designate representatives to negotiations for projects in the framework of the European Union, so these decisions of the Federal Council representatives are bound. The country providing the representative to work towards further decisions, if with regard to the progress of negotiations for this occasion. Also any other country may apply for further decisions. A Committee can recommend the same, the corresponding subject is assigned to.
(2) the representative reported the aspects of particular interest to the countries immediately following a meeting of the respective Committee. The reports will be reimbursed generally in writing. The representatives report in addition, if renewed need for advice in regard to the negotiations, or as required by a country or a Party Committee.
V. final provisions - article 51 the Federal Council comprises members of Governments, which order them para 1 GG and dismissed. You can be represented by other members of their Governments.
-Article 52 paragraph 4 GG the committees of the Bundesrat other members or representatives of the Governments of the countries can belong to.
§ 46 deputies members of the Federal Council and its committees in the sense of these rules of procedure are also the Deputy members.
§ 47 interpretation of the rules of procedure (1) during a session the President decide disagreements about the interpretation of the rules of procedure for that meeting.
(2) in the other, the Federal Council will decide at the request of the President or a country.
Section 48 deviation differ from the rules of procedure will the Federal Council in the individual case of the rules of procedure, so it requires a unanimous decision.
Article 49 entry into force *) these rules enter into force on October 1, 1966. At the same time the rules of procedure of the Federal Council by July 31, 1953 (Bundesgesetzbl. II p. 527) override.
---*) This provision relates to the entry into force of the rules of procedure, in the version then in force.
Search Translated Laws of Germany