Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gsgv_12/BJNR139310998.html
Twelfth Ordinance on the product safety Act (Elevator Regulation) (12 ProdSV) 12 ProdSV Ausfertigung date: 17.06.1998 full quotation: "twelfth Ordinance on the product safety Act (Elevator Regulation) of 17 June 1998 (BGBl. I p. 1393), most recently by article 22 of the law of 8 November 2011 (BGBl. I S. 2178) is changed" stand: last amended by article 22 G v. 8.11.2011 I 2178 for more information on the stand number you find in the menu under instructions this regulation serves the implementation of Directive 95/16/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 29 June 1995 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to lifts (OJ EC No. L 213, p. 1).
Footnote (+++ text detection from: 25.6.1998 +++) heading: IdF d. art. 22 No. 1 G v. 8.11.2011 2178 mWv 1.12.2011 which was V as article 1 of the Federal Government after consultation with the Committee for technical equipment and of interested parties with the consent of the Federal Council adopted. She entered into force article 4 of this V on the 25.6.1998 according. (+++ Official note of the standard authority on EC law: implementation of EGRL 16/95 (CELEX Nr: 395 L 0016) EGRL 42/2006 (CELEX Nr: 306 L 0042) cf. V v. 18.6.2008 I 1060 +++) § 1 scope of application (1) this Regulation applies to the placing on the market of new 1 lifts, the buildings and facilities permanently operate, 2. safety components which are used in lifts within the meaning of point 1, and 3. components should be installed in lifts within the meaning of point 1.
(2) this regulation does not apply to 1 hoists with a speed of up to 0.15 metres per second, 2 construction site hoists, 3. conceived cableways, including funicular railways, 4. specifically for military purposes or to maintain public order and built lifts, 5. lifting appliances from which work can be carried out, 6 tray conveyors, 7 hoists for transporting actors and actresses during artistic performances , hoists built-in 8 in means of transport, 9 with a machine associated hoists, exclusively for access to workstations including maintenance and inspection points on the machinery, 10 funiculars, 11 escalators and moving walks intended to.
(3) you are in a lift directive 95/16/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 June 1995 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to lifts (OJ EC No. L 213, p. 1), the last by Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (OJ EU no. L 157 p. 24) has been changed, mentioned dangers all or part of the legislation covered by other Community directives are implemented in German law, that applies this regulation not in relation to these elevators and dangers.
Article 2 definitions for the purposes of this regulation the following definitions shall apply: 1. as elevator is a hoist which runs between specific levels by means of a carrier, along rigid, moves at inclined leadership of more than 15 degrees to the horizontal and intended a) to passenger transport, b) to the persons and goods, or c) only for the carriage of goods, provided that the carrier is accessible and has controls , the inside of the carrier or within reach of a person there are arranged.
The part of the lift is known as carrier in which people or goods to the upward - or downward transport are housed.
2. lifting equipment, moving not along rigid guides, but in a space completely laid railway, are also considered lifts in terms of this regulation.
3 shall mean the natural or legal person is called Installer, which assumes responsibility for the design, manufacture, installation and placing on the market of the lift must affix the CE marking and issue the EC declaration of conformity.
4. placing on the market of a lift may refer to the time at the installer for the first time provides the lift user.
5 a component listed in annex IV of to Directive 95/16/EC is called a safety component.
6 shall mean the natural or legal person referred to as the manufacturer of the safety components, which takes responsibility for the design and manufacture of the safety components, affix the CE marking and issue the EC declaration of conformity.
7 as a model lift referred to a representative lift whose technical Unterlagen illustrate how the essential safety requirements are kept at the lifts derived from the model lift - with the help of objective parameters defined - that use identical safety components.
Article 3 security requirements (1) lifts may be brought only in the traffic, if 1 they meet the essential safety and health requirements of in annex I of to Directive 95/16/EC and properly installed, proper maintenance and proper operation the safety and health of persons and the security of goods not endanger, 2 who have exchanged all information with each other person responsible and the installer of the lift and taken the appropriate measures for the construction of the building or structure , the proper operation and safe use of the lift to ensure, and 3. in addition to the safety and operation of the lift required lines or facilities no more lines or facilities in the elevator shaft laid or installed are.
(2) safety components may be marketed only if 1 they meet the essential safety and health requirements of in annex I of to Directive 95/16/EC or allow that the lifts in which they are installed, meet these basic requirements, and the lifts in which they are installed, do not compromise 2. the safety and health of persons and the security of goods when properly installed, proper maintenance and proper operation.
Article 4 conditions for the placing on the market (1) lifts may be brought only in the traffic, if 1 the elevators by the installer of a lift in addition to the marking in accordance with Annex I no. 5.1 and 5.2 of the Directive 95/16/EC are provided with the CE conformity marking according to § 5 para 1 and 3 and an EC declaration of conformity in accordance with annex II of Directive 95/16/EC is attached them , which confirmed the installer of the lift, that a) the lifts comply with the basic safety requirements of § 3 para 1, b) article procedures prescribed 8 para 2 of Directive 95/16/EC annexes V, VI, X, XII, XIII or XIV of Directive 95/16/EC observed are in c) he has fulfilled his obligations to the notified body appointed by him and d) he committed , aa) keep a copy of the Declaration of conformity for a period of ten years following the placing on the market of the lift and bb) the Commission of the European communities, to provide a copy of the Declaration of conformity and the protocols on the tests associated with the final acceptance a Member State of the European Union, another Contracting State of the agreement on the European economic area or any other body designated according to the Directive 95/16/EC at their request , and 2. the elevators by the installer of the lift is a documentary annex I no. 6.2 of Directive 95/16/EC in German language added.
(2) safety components may be marketed only if 1 the safety components by the manufacturer or in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area have established agent with the CE conformity marking according to § 5 para 2 and 3 and an EC declaration of conformity set out in annex II a of Directive 95/16/EC is included with them, which the manufacturer or his in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area established Representative confirmed that a) safety components meet basic security requirements of § 3 para 2, b) in article 8 paragraph 1 of Directive 95/16/EC procedures after annexes V, VIII, IX and XI of Directive 95/16/EC are met, c) he has fulfilled his obligations to the notified body appointed by him and d) he committed , a copy of the Declaration of conformity for a period of ten years after the setting of the production one of the safety component to be kept, and 2. the safety components by the manufacturer or his authorised representative established in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area operating instructions annex I no. 6.1 of the Directive 95/16/EC is attached.
(3) the lifts and safety components are subject to other legal provisions that stipulate the CE marking, is confirmed by the CE marking also, that the lifts and safety components also comply with the provisions of this other relevant legislation. The choice of the applicable rule is free however in accordance with one or more of these rules during a transitional period the installer of the lift or the manufacturer of the safety components, so the CE marking confirms in this case only that the lifts comply with the by the installer of the lift and the safety components the legislation applied by the manufacturer of the safety components pursuant to sentence 1. In these cases all numbers of Community directives underlying legislation applied by him must be in the documents to be annexed to lifts and safety components, hints or instructions listed as published in the official journal of the European communities.
(4) a member may be marketed without fulfilling the conditions referred to in paragraph 2 in the transport, if this component a declaration of the manufacturer or his community or another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area established agent attached is that the component will be installed in an elevator in the meaning of this regulation. Attaching the CE-marking is not allowed.
(5) the installer of the lift or the manufacturer of the safety component or his authorized representative established in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area are not complied with the obligations of the preceding paragraphs, as the obligations are the paragraphs 1 to 3 of the person of that brings the lift or safety component in the community after. The same obligations apply to one who builds a lift or safety component for their own purposes.
§ 5 CE marking (1) No. 1 required CE conformity marking must according to article 4, paragraph 1 be prominently affixed in each car.
(2) pursuant to article 4 paragraph 2 No. 1 required CE conformity marking on each safety component or, if this is not possible, prominently affixed to a label firmly attached to the component be.
(3) the CE conformity marking shall consist of the initials "CE" according to annex III to Directive 95/16/EC. Behind the CE marking is the identification number of the notified body, unless these within the framework of the procedures referred to in article 8 para 1 letter a digit ii or iii or under article 8 para 2 of Directive 95/16/EC shall act.
(4) it may no markings shall be affixed on the lift or safety component, can be misled by the third parties as to the meaning and the lettering of the CE marking. Any other marking may be affixed on the lift or safety component if it does not affect the visibility and legibility of the CE marking.
(5) the market surveillance authorities assume that lifts and safety components which bear the CE marking and the EC declaration of conformity is attached in annex II of the Directive 95/16/EC, comply with the requirements of this regulation.
§ 6 offences any person within the meaning of article 39, paragraph 1 number 7 is, letter a of the product safety act who intentionally or negligently prevent 1 § 4 paragraph 1 number 1 2(a) or 2(b), number 2, paragraph 2 a lift or a safety component on the market brings number 1 3(a) or 3(b) or number 2 or the CE marking and draws 2. contrary to section 4, paragraph 4, sentence 2.
§ 7 (dropped out)-
Search Translated Laws of Germany