Reformed Wage Law, In Part Corresponds To The Branch Education For Us $ 321,855.00.

Original Language Title: REFÓRMASE LA LEY DE SALARIOS, EN LA PARTE QUE CORRESPONDE AL RAMO DE EDUCACIÓN POR US$321,855.00.

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now for only USD$20 per month, or Get a Day Pass for only USD$4.99.

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY-REPUBLIC OF EL SALVADOR

____________________________________________________________________ 1

DECREE NO 1004

THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF THE REPUBLIC OF EL SALVADOR,

WHEREAS:

I.-That by Legislative Decree No. 1056 dated April 19, 2012, published in Official Journal No. 73, Volume No. 395, of the 23rd of the same month and year,

the Loan Contract No. 8110-SV was approved in all its parts, signed on 14 March 2012 between the Government of the Republic of El Salvador and the International Bank Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), for an amount of SESENTA

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (US$ 60,000,000.00), to finance Project 5813 Improvement of Quality of Education, which aims to improve access, the retention and percentages

of graduate students in Third Cycle Secondary Education and in the Baccalaureate Secondary Education of public schools adopting the Full Time Inclusive School model.

II. This project supports the extension of the didactic calendar from 30 to 50 hours classes per week For students in Secondary Education and Baccalaureate of the Participating Schools, through, among others, the

financing of Sobresueldos; therefore, in the Salaries Act 2015, 105 items of bonuses were incorporated for To serve double day extended in Third Cycle in morning or afternoon shift for US$ 349,135 (financed by the

33% with resources of the IBRD Loans and the remaining 67% with GOES Counterpart Funds); however, they were not recorded in the aforementioned Salary Law 59,383 hours classes for US$ 321,855 requested on this occasion,

due to that the Loan Contract did not clearly state the eligibility of the spending in hours; but if the resources were programmed in the current Budget Law, as well: 33% Resources of the IBRD Loan and the remaining 67%

with Counterpart GOES, considering that the Ministry of Education was making the relevant representations to the IBRD to confirm the eligibility of such an issue.

III.-By Note Ref: El Salvador-Loan 8110-SV Project Education Quality Improvement-No objection to eligibility of "hours classes", date

3 In March 2015, the IBRD confirmed that it has no objection to the eligibility of expenses for "hours classes" to be paid with Funds from the said Project, from the signing of the amendment to the Loan Contract,

where the explicit reference to the term "class hours" will be added to the concept of "bonuses" as eligible expenditure in the table of disbursements of the said Loan Contract.

IV.-That to make the support to the extension of the calendar effective 30 to 50 hours classes per week, through the project "Improvement of the Quality of Education", is done required to incorporate a total of 59,383 hours

___________________________________________________________________ LEGISLATIVE INDEX

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY-REPUBLIC OF EL SALVADOR

____________________________________________________________________ 2

annual classes at a value of US$ 5.20 per hour to the Current Wage Act, which was voted by Legislative Decree No. 867 dated November 20

of 2014, published in Official Journal No. 229, Volume No. 405 of 8 December of that same year.

BY TANTO,

in use of its Constitutional powers and Initiative of the President of the Republic, by means

of the Minister of Finance.

DECCRETA:

Art. 1.-In the Salaries Act of this fiscal year 2015, which shall apply from 1 January to 31 December of the same year, I-SALARIES WITH APPLICATION TO THE BUDGET

GENERAL OF THE STATE, in the part corresponding to the Ramo de Education, Budget Unit 09 Improvement of Quality of Education, Line of Work 01 Attention to the Model of Full Time Inclusive School, the following item is incorporated:

HOURS PER YEAR

Hours Classes (financed 67% General Fund and 33% Loans 2 External)............................. ..... 59.383 5.20

Art. 2.-The cost of the incorporation of the hours before detailed classes amounts to US$ 321,855

and will be financed with resources programmed in the Rubro 62 Capital Transfers, of the Budget Unit 09 Improvement of the Quality of the Education, Line of Work 01 Attention to the Model of the Inclusive School of Full Time, of the Ramo of Education.

Art. 3.-This Decree shall enter into force from the day of its publication in the Official Journal.

GIVEN IN THE BLUE HALL OF THE LEGISLATIVE PALACE: San Salvador, at the twenty-eight days of the month of April of the year two thousand fifteen.

OTHON SIGFRIDO REYES MORALES, PRESIDENT.

ENRIQUE ALBERTO LUIS VALDEZ SOTO, GUILLERMO ANTONIO GALLEGOS NAVARRETE, FIRST VICE PRESIDENT. SECOND VICE-PRESIDENT.

JOSÉ FRANCISCO MERINO LÓPEZ, LORENA GUADALUPE PEÑA MENDOZA, THIRD VICE PRESIDENT. FOURTH VICE-PRESIDENT.

CARLOS ARMANDO REYES RAMOS,

___________________________________________________________________ LEGISLATIVE INDEX

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY-REPUBLIC OF EL SALVADOR

____________________________________________________________________ 3

FIFTH VICE PRESIDENT.

GUILLERMO FRANCISCO MATA BENNETT, MANUEL VICENTE MENJÍVAR ESQUIVEL, FIRST SECRETARY. SECOND SECRETARY.

SANDRA MARLENE SALGADO GARCÍA, JOSÉ RAFAEL MACHUCA ZELAYA, THIRD SECRETARY. FOURTH SECRETARY.

IRMA LOURDES PALACIOS VÁSQUEZ, ERNESTO ANTONIO ANGULO MILLA, FIFTH SECRETARY. SIXTH SECRETARY.

FRANCISCO JOSE ZABLAH SAFIE, JOSE SERAFIN ORANTES RODRIGUEZ, SEVENTH SECRETARY. EIGHTH SECRETARY.

CASA PRESIDENTIAL: San Salvador, at the thirty days of the month of April of the year two thousand fifteen.

PUBESQUIESE,

Salvador Sánchez Cerén, President of the Republic.

Juan Ramón Carlos Enrique Cáceres Chávez, Minister of Hacienda.

D. O. 77

Took Nº 407 Date: April 30, 2015

SP/adar 29-05-2015

___________________________________________________________________ LEGISLATIVE INDEX